A Culture Moves

Moderators: Jacobus Loki, Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Sebastien Alexandre

A Culture Moves

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

Yes, I am moving to Elwynn. I like the leaders better, its far more active, and more culturally friendly. Hypatia, you can have th eland, but the cities and all of Halluci will not be yours to control.Ozarka sighed as the last building of Hallucidagrad fell. More than forty ships lined the shores of the island, full with everything from the city of cultural, religious, or any other type of value. Entire libraries had been stored, along with the true living people, and the stones of the envisioned people -those these were moved most covertly. Ozarka still did not want anyone to know HOW he kept the envisioned alive - it might lead to his undoing.As th elast ember fell on what was once Hallucination, Kildare, Ozarka sighed relief.He would leave this duchy, and Halluci would be forgotten in Kildare - God's willing.

Hypatia Agnesi

Re: A Culture Moves

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Fine. Have fun there, and good luck doing stuff with the culture. I was surprised you didn't really do much with it while I've been Dutchess. Southern Halluci will be renamed Lesser Attera, and Northern Halluci will become Old Hallucination. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

Let the record show that Kildare still declares sovereignty over the Halluci Nation and any suggestion elsewise shall be treated as secession, which is, under Shirithian Law, treason. Scion of the Mog Kaiser

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

And to avoid problems between our Duchies, let it be known that I had nothing to do with this. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Thanks for the clarification, and good luck with Oz. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Quote:Good luck with Oz.He'll need it. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Sebastien Alexandre

Quote:Let the record show that Kildare still declares sovereignty over the Halluci Nation and any suggestion elsewise shall be treated as secession, which is, under Shirithian Law, treason. 'YOu may have the land, but the culture is mine. Since all Hypatia did was stick around long enough for a temple, and you did NOTHING Gryphon, I own the religion, language, and history

Osman Shahanshah

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

Elwynn welcomes all migrants. Send us your poor huddled hallucinating masses.

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Oz, I felt I did quite a bit contributing to the very beginnings of Hallucination, and I only stepped back when you became Baron and it became quite obvious that we had totally different visions of how Hallucination should develop. THAT is why you've done most of the later work yourself.I consider that no one "owns" Hallucination, though I control the land. I don't consider that anyone "owns" anything intellectual-property-related if it was a collaberative effort, as Hallucination was.I will not recognize that you "own" Hallucination as a whole, not now or ever. Some Halluci culture will persist in the area now called "Old Halluci", even with you gone, and I will even feel better about allowing the cultures to actively diverge when I feel like it. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Sebastien Alexandre

You can consider what you want, but the following were NOT colloborative effortsThe Halluci ReligionThe Halluci Mages/Magic Stories/BackgroundsThe Halluci LanguageIn these three aspects, you did not help create, in these three aspects, you hold no legitimate right to.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

There is no need to stir up an argument, Oz. If I were you and she wanted to use some of the cultural stuff I'd done, I'd be very honoured. Take it as a compliment, and not an insult

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Oz, give it up now, or I will rule, as Duke of Brookshire, that Hallucination's immigration is acceptable, but the culture is to be considered heresy and banned.So shut up and accept what you've got. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Those are all parts of the culture as a whole. I'm sure she can list the things that she made that you didn't.Just go run off. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Gryphon the Pure

What I mean to say is that while I'm fine with you personally leaving Kildare, and even with you taking your ideas with you, if you claim that "Halluci" or "Hallucination" or "Gaglllhefieabphwfe" or whatever you called it is independent from Kildare or independently Sovereign or whatever, I shall consider that secession on a similar level as the Kitanus secession long ago; that is, illegal. I will not support another Menelmacar/Cyberia/Antica/whateverthefuck separation of power. Halluci itself remains under sovereignty of Kildare. Scion of the Mog Kaiser

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

That is to say: Halluci culture can move all it wants, but the land remains Kildari. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Gryphon the Pure

Think about it this way: even if I claimed a new plot of land on the MCS to found the Apollonian Republic of Kildare, Shireroth would still treat it as secession. Scion of the Mog Kaiser

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

And why would Shireroth even care, if it does not consider itself Apollonian? After all, Erik always has the illusion that Kildare has a "military culture" when it lost that ages ago.Heck, there's almost nothing here. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Gryphon the Pure

This isn't about Kildare, Bill. Go fight your war somewhere else. Scion of the Mog Kaiser

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

You might as well remove that smiley. That smiley was supposed to be used as an example of picketing, not an emoticon to tell me to STFU, and frankly, I am disgusted that it is being used as such. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);Edited by: Bill3000 at: 10/12/05 11:17

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

I happen to agree with the usage of the icon, which I wish actually said something else non-personal. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Sebastien Alexandre

I believe we have a misunderstanding. When I said Halluci moves, I did not intend to take the land with me. Infact, all I did was destroy Hallucidagrad, take the Envision Stone (the thing that makes the pretend people) and set sail for Elwynn..KILDARE STILL OWNS THE LAND -BUT THE LANGUAGE, RELIGION, AND HISTORY ARE NOW IN ELWYNNThere.. I said it

Sebastien Alexandre

Please move this thread to Old Hallucination when possible.
Looking at this thread and wincing,
please understand I was years younger then (and years more immature) than I am now.

Thanks in advance,
Seb.
First Minister Sebastien Pasqeir Alexandre of Valenciennes, Empire of the Alexandrians
President of the University of Geneva, Empire of the Alexandrians

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Moved!
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Sebastien Alexandre wrote:Please move this thread to Old Hallucination when possible.
Looking at this thread and wincing,
please understand I was years younger then (and years more immature) than I am now.

Thanks in advance,
Seb.
Understood. This is the sort of historical stuff that I had no idea about because it didn't make it into the Wiki ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Sebastian--

I think all of us grow and change, and sometimes look back at our former actions and posts with pain and regret. You seem to have matured beyond that brash young kid with a chip on his shoulder, into a respectable, reasonable member of society. I must agree with Ari's comment that a couple of years will do wonders to help someone mature. It's good to have you back now, three years older and wiser.

Return to “County of Old Hallucination”