Baroness Gilrean,

b3n|<3r|\|

Baroness Gilrean,

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Greeting from the lowly Count of Mar Sara.

Honour, prestige, title and rank tend to reward those who deserve them in Shireroth. I wish you the very best luck in your position as Baroness, I'm sure you'll do very well. Prodge managed, after all. Err I mean MY DUKE DID VERY WELL IN THIS POSITION BEFORE HIS ASCENSION TO THE DUCAL THRONE AND YOU MIGHT DO AS WELL. :fish

Anyway, in homage and recognition of you as my sovereign (grumble), I offer you two quotes to make you think.

The first will no doubt prove useful in today's economy-fuelled Shireroth. It is from Andy Warhol's Philosophy of Andy Warhol. Its inclusion is also inspired by the awful incident involving the INS and Pandora.
I'm confused about who the news belongs to. I always have it in my head that if your name's in the news, then the news should be paying you. Because it's your news and they're taking it and selling it as their product. But then they always say that they're helping you, and that's true too, but still, if people didn't give the news, their news, and if everybody kept their news to themselves, the news wouldn't have any news. So I guess you should pay each other. But I haven't figured it out fully yet.
The second is from a fantastic book by Nigel Rees called Graffiti 3. It set me back £1.25. It's the third in a series of collections of graffiti from around the world. It's nice and old though - nice thin paper, and black and white, and mostly text, no stupid thick white paper or colourful inks and pictures that take up a whole page. I like it like this. This is why it costs £1.25 instead of £12.50. Most of the quotes in it are base, funny, vulgar, but some are quite incisive and thoughtful. Like most arts, graffiti is diverse like that.
1978 makes 1984 look like 1967.
Anyway, the County of Mar Sara and me its Count are behind you and your "Baron Consort" (Honorary Noble damn ye!) in all your endeavours. Good luck. :thumbsup
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

hypatias mom

Re: Baroness Gilrean,

Post by hypatias mom »

Baroness Gilrean--

I have not had the opportunity yet, since your wonderful wedding, to wish you and your handsome groom the best as newlyweds, and to also wish you success in your new role as a baroness. May you always enjoy happiness together, and may your joint rule be wise and long.

You would honor me greatly if you would attend a small, private party in my barony to celebrate your new status. There will be only a few hundred selected guests here to wish you every happiness.

Gilrean Treebane

Post by Gilrean Treebane »

hypatias mom wrote:Baroness Gilrean--

I have not had the opportunity yet, since your wonderful wedding, to wish you and your handsome groom the best as newlyweds, and to also wish you success in your new role as a baroness. May you always enjoy happiness together, and may your joint rule be wise and long.

You would honor me greatly if you would attend a small, private party in my barony to celebrate your new status. There will be only a few hundred selected guests here to wish you every happiness.
I would love to attend your party ^_^
"I am what I am
And what I am needs no excuses"

Lady Gilrean Treebane
Countess of Eastern Absentia

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Baroness Gilrean--

How does this Saturday at sunset fit into your schedule? We would be delighted to greet both of you at our palace, where the guests will be gathered in our formal gardens, which are specially decorated with miniature lights and flowers for the evening's festivities. Please also bring your bridal party, if they wish to come. The weather promises to be delightful, in the low 70's with a cool breeze, which plays up the scent of the orange blossoms which have been made to bloom in your honor. During and after a sumptous repast, we will be serenaded by our palace orchestra for dancing under the stars. This promises to be an altogether romantic evening, and I would be honored to help you celebrate the changes in your lives.

It was a delight to attend your wedding ceremony. I found myself dabbing my eyes more than once during the ceremony. You make such a wonderful couple, and I am certain you two will be very happy together!

In anticipation,

Baroness Carol
Barony of Lumina's Light
Kildare

Krasniy Yastreb

Post by Krasniy Yastreb »

b3n|<3r|\| wrote:The second is from a fantastic book by Nigel Rees called Graffiti 3
I have the whole of that series. Excellent books indeed ;)
Sir Krasniy Yastreb Ly'Piscator, KcOMI
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ Duke and Arx-Piscator of Brookshire
+ Baron of Vorpmadal
+ Count of Lunaris
+ Knight Comrade of the Order of Mischievous Intent
+ MoMA SDI Director

Gilrean Treebane

hypatias mom wrote:Baroness Gilrean--

How does this Saturday at sunset fit into your schedule?
This Saturday? Alas I am busy and so is Corey. I'm dragging him to the Renaissance Faire for the Romance and Chivalry themed weekend and I doubt I'll be on Thor (my laptop) at all.
"I am what I am

Lady Gilrean Treebane

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Would the following weekend work? Or would a weekday evening be better. We can play it however works for you.

Gilrean Treebane

hypatias mom wrote:Would the following weekend work? Or would a weekday evening be better. We can play it however works for you.
A weekday would work better, next weekend is orientation for college >_<
"I am what I am

Lady Gilrean Treebane

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Just let me know. I'm avalable most days. Have fun at the Ren-Faire. You two definitely have important RL things to do.

Gilrean Treebane

hmm Monday's probably good for me, in fact it's the only evening this week I'm free >_< (between mucking stalls, and people taking me out to dinner, and preparing for college this week's gonna be busy >_<)
"I am what I am

Lady Gilrean Treebane

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Monday it is. I'll let the kitchen staff, the band, and the other guests, know to prepare for this Monday evening's fesrivities. You will be met at the dock by my personal coach, which is drawn by matched dapple greys. It is a short but serene ride througjh stands of ancient trees, and past rushing streams. I am certainly looking forward to this celebration (I love throwing parties).

Return to “Barony of Absentia”