The Forgotten Territory of Absentia

b3n|<3r|\|

The Forgotten Territory of Absentia

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

At the moment there exists a little confusion over a certain island north-west of Absentia (that is, the region made up of the Counties of Eastern and Western Absentia). Here is a small map of this Barony (and the surrounded territories because I couldn't be bothered to remove them) that should allay any fears anyone (read: the Duke) has about what the hell is going on:

Beige = Western Absentia, Blue = Eastern Absentia, Purple = Mar Sara, and Green = ???

You see, that island was originally meant to be Absentia. That IS Absentia, the island. What now exists as Western/Eastern Absentia is a by-product of overzealous claims on the MCS that were not thought through properly. After me, Jacobus and Jess decided upon the name Absentia for the new Barony (well - we didn't - it was proposed and then Ari implemented it so we were like "Uh, cool beans! Let's roll with it!"), we had to come up with some cities. I said Nosquam, or Nowhere (apt given the recent history of the island), and Jess of course suggested Jessvillia.

Now... I don't quite know what happened... but it is somewhat missing from the Shirerithian records. I don't know why. I blame Jacobus, but at the same time thank him for getting us this land in the first place. :thumbsup It's not on many of our maps, and isn't present in this Barony. Hence in the feudal system it does not exist. I was tempted to declare it a personal fief and use it for off-shore tax evasion, but I thought better of it, and I am now calling it Northern Absentia. It shall be made into a County and granted a board in this Barony. I'll be off to the MiniInt to get that sorted.

On a related note I am off to the MiniInfo to tell them I'm going to update all the horribly out of date maps Shireroth has accumulated because they're not. They should never have demoted MiniCart to anything below Ministry! :whip

Any questions/comments?
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Oroigawa Koreyasu

Re: The Forgotten Territory of Absentia

Post by Oroigawa Koreyasu »

*raises hand*

...what exactly is happening?
Oroigawa Koreyasu
Count of McCallavre, Straylight
Count of Lesser Attera, Kildare
Count of Asantelian, Brookshire

Chairman, Senate of the Lakes, Hurmu

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Henceforth there does exist a new County in Absentia, called Northern Absentia for now. It makes use of a formerly abandoned/forgotten island, so no new land is needed to claim etc.
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO

It takes moo to mango!

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

I blame Jacobus, but at the same time thank him for getting us this land in the first place.
Blame me for what, oh Seeker after Truth? :)
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Prodigy Almighty

Post by Prodigy Almighty »

Hey, you finally did that (because I was too lazy to)! Woohoo! More land in Absentia! :p
Boris Ivanovich Serov ronToketi VI
Executor of Chelkran Kesh
King of Kagan conToketi
Baron of Absentia, Yardistan

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Jacobus Loki wrote:Blame me for what, oh Seeker after Truth? :)
What happened here. :p Why do we have an island that's just sitting there? Not part of any County, Barony, or Duchy? Before I updated them it wasn't on one of the official Shirerithian maps.

Anywho... congratulations Baron Prodigy. :D

It takes moo to mango!

Return to “Barony of Absentia”