Getting things together...

b3n|<3r|\|

Getting things together...

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Okay, the opening of this thread is mainly aimed at Duke Jacobus but of course input from whoever wants to give it and discussion are required for these things.

What is there to know about Absentia? Jacobus, you mentioned we annexed it in the thread where its name first cropped up: where did we get it? :)
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Jacobus Loki

Re: Getting things together...

Post by Jacobus Loki »

I have re-patriated the wiki article, here

http://www.shireroth.org/shirewiki/Absentia

Background.

Jacobus II was/is putatively the nephew of Jacobus I, who had seemed to have been killed when his modified DC3 went down in the Bermuda Triangle.

Young Jakey sorrowfully went about picking up the pieces of the House. (He hung out here for a while). Austi Scot, then Lord Protector of Puritania, offered sanctuary to those Jacobists then exiled from Cyberia. They there built the Empire of Absentia.

Well, until recently, the House of Bonaparte-Stuuart-Kahunamea seldom-if-ever relinquished title to anything, at least only as long as someone was looking. The title to Absentia passed to the FRC, and then to Shireroth as part of the retrocession of Lac Glacei, thus:
1- The Imperial Republic of Shireroth does hereby annex the following territories yielded to the Imperial Republic:

Cognito, Lac Glacei, Absentia, Kloss, Loreley, the Principality of Stromblum, (encompassing the three duchies of Lorelei, Edelweiss and Heathersland), the area designated as the Freimark, Vivaldia, Alara, Alterra, Aspyxnia, Greater Baldonios, Burnisia, Edan, Formiga, Jaris, and Cocoanut Grove.

2- That the Landsraad urges His Niftiness to empower representatives of Shireroth to negotiate internationally accepted boundaries of these territories.

3- That these territories be initially assigned to the Duchy of Yardistan by right of conquest, as our brave warriors stand in the midst of the lands as their bounds were of old.
Absentia was an attempt at a kinder, gentler Jacobist entity. C'est la vie. The other major acheivements were a bridge to New Puerto Rico and a 10 meter marble statue of the Emperor's uncle.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Andreas the Wiseass

Post by Andreas the Wiseass »

Jacobus Dumbface wrote:Jacobus II was/is putatively the nephew of Jacobus I, who had seemed to have been killed when his modified DC3 went down in the Bermuda Triangle.

Young Jakey sorrowfully went about picking up the pieces of the House. (He hung out here for a while). Austi Scot, then Lord Protector of Puritania, offered sanctuary to those Jacobists then exiled from Cyberia. They there built the Empire of Absentia.
Woah woah woah, I'm gonna have to stop you there. Since I know so much about the history of every nation, I feel the urgent need to correct every mistake you made... I can't help it! :rolleyes

First off, Jacobus II was NOT putatively the nephew of Jacobus I; he was THOUGHT TO BE. No actual familial ties have ever been proven on record.

Second, the Bermuda Triangle doesn't exist on Micras. Fix that and come up with a better reason.

Austi Scot wasn't Lord Protector of Puritania, you're thinking of Austin Scott. Austi Scot was the butler.

Lastly, if you look at any article, no one actually acknowledges Absentia as an Empire (sorry Prodigy ;) ). In fact, it was considered little more than a chihuahua trying to be a pit bull. :D
I have so many titles it will hurt you just to try and read them all. Go on. Do it.
Andreas the Wiseass
Baron of Ateakok
Count of Cornagia
President of the Organization of Graylust Fans
Lady of Ultimate Pleasure, Supernovatainia
50,000 OR MORE

"Playdough is my favorite food ever."

Sh033r

Post by Sh033r »

The Bermuda Triangle has a portal on the Earth of legend, whence came stories told of the fabulous Empire of Cyberia.

Long though to be nighty-night stories.
Grand-Baron of Vorvadoo
Within Duchy of Confusion
Count of Upper US
Sheriff of Andi and Maiberrie
"Annoyed" of Marmaduke and High Priest of B00H00/\/\ism
JACK and F.U.D.D. in I.D.O.N.T.K.N.O.W.W.H.E.R.E.

Monsignor Ponyberg

Post by Monsignor Ponyberg »

Did these stories mention the holy land of Amokolia? Or it's ponies?
Monsignor Ponyberg!
My Pony Warriors will make you all puke!

Return to “Barony of Absentia”