MiniInt Status Report

Manages technical infrastructure for the board and website; make administrative requests here

Moderator: Erik Mortis

Scott of Hyperborea

MiniInt Status Report

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

THINGS THAT ARE DONE

All old posts have been converted.
All old forums are set up.
All forums have new descriptions.
All old smilies are transferred.
All forums have correct moderators.
All Duchies have banners (which wasn't the case in the old forum; I added some so the two banners we did have wouldn't look lonely. If you want to change your duchy's banner, send me a copy of the new one and I'll change it)

THINGS THAT REMAIN TO BE DONE

Everyone needs to get their new account passwords. You can get those from me, Greg Dean, or the Kaiseress
We need to get a skin up. Greg is going to make one.
We need to get subforums set up. Greg is going to install the mod.
We need to get custom titles for everyone. Greg is going to install the mod.
We need to get Malarbor up. Delphi is going to help me with that when I see him.

Kaiseress Semisa I

Post by Kaiseress Semisa I »

+install MoneyMod
Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo. --St. Augustine

Scott of Hyperborea

Meh^2. Did you read my anti-cashmod rant in the MiniTrade?

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Scott, I'd be glad to help with Malarbor.

And why do we need a mod for custom titles? If you'd like to make them longer than the default, it's a simple matter of modifying the "size" attribute of the form in the admin panel and then appropriately modifying the database, to make sure it can hold the number of characters we want.

Scott of Hyperborea

Hm. By default, do you mean the "rank" thing? Wouldn't it be unwieldly to give everyone in Shireroth a different "rank"?

I was thinking something more like http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... ght=titles
Last edited by Scott of Hyperborea on Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiseress Semisa I

Yeah it would.

I don't currently see a slot for doing that sort of thing.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

It's under users, ranks, I believe. It might be unwieldy, but only as much as with the other board, no? And Scott, I'm not so sure you should put in that mod, even if given the chance, at least not with checking it out first. That looked like it was made for version 2.0.6, and could cause errors if it's not compatible.

Kaiseress Semisa I

+ForumListingGraphics

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

I wrote up the appopriate files and instructions for putting up Malarbor, but there seemed to issues with the FTP. The files simply wouldn't upload. This was on a web-based FTP client. On SmartFTP, it didn't even let me view the directories, it just timed out.

Scott of Hyperborea

By forum listing graphics, do you mean the stuff like the buildings on the old forum? I always found those kind of ugly and cluttery. If we had a single really good standardized theme (like the GC) I suppose I'd feel differently, but we don't and I don't. I know Gryphon was really big on them, but I never quite shared his enthusiasm.

Kaiseress Semisa I

The only reason I'm saying "Put them back" is because when I tried changing them last time, everyone was like, "NONONO CLICK THE UNDO BUTTON."

Greg Dean
Location: Florencia, Barony of The Holy Lands of Shireroth, Duchy of Naudia'Diva

Post by Greg Dean »

Actually, I've been planning to add those, after a fashion. You can add (either in this version, or the heirarchies modded version) forum-specific graphics. I'll be doing it in the "make-it-look-like-it-used-to" theme, but we'll think about it for future themes. Anyway, since users can select their own theme, I'm not too worried about it.

Lachlan Powers

Post by Lachlan Powers »

Please install quick reply like on the GC forums, it is a great feature and it can only help the server by not loading the posting page.

Theme- if you want help to get rid of the horrid subSilver template, give me a holler and this could look like Shireroth (do you want that though x() in no time.

Greg Dean
Location: Florencia, Barony of The Holy Lands of Shireroth, Duchy of Naudia'Diva

Post by Greg Dean »

Quick Reply - consider it done. I'm a huge fan.

Greg Dean

Post by Greg Dean »

Okay - added quick reply. And for those who noticed, that was why the forum broke. :)

See, my host mistakenly only allocated 100 megs (standard size) for the account. Well... our DATABASE ALONE is over 80 megs. So, poof. Account filled up, and no more new files could be written. When I attempted to upload viewtopic_body.tpl, it couldn't create a new version, and created a 0-byte file, breaking the entire topic viewing function.

So, I deleted the other test forum I had, clearing up quite a bit of space. Tomorrow, when my hosting buddy gets home and gets over the hangover I'm sure he'll have (same for me, I'm sure) I'll have him completely remove the limiter, so this never occur again.

I know it's bad timing, since I promised no issues like this, but it's one of the minor things that happens when setting up new accounts. Shouldn't be an issue moving forward.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Ah, that's okay. Better having the problems now than in the future.
Senechal Bill Trihus of Greater Audentior
Citizen of Shireroth
Zor nukrô šempi zor fredrô

Return to “Ministry of the Interior”