I resent people being paid for spambot defense

Manages technical infrastructure for the board and website; make administrative requests here

Moderator: Erik Mortis

Ari Rahikkala

I resent people being paid for spambot defense

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

And when I say the title of this thread, I mean that I started installing the authentication-by-forum-account mod when I came up with the idea of saying that I resent people being paid for spambot defense (since there is a better solution, I'd just been too lazy to implement it until now). At some point I realised I'd forgotten the word "resent" and spent several minutes on a thesaurus site and a random IRC channel trying to recall the word. I failed and did other things until it suddenly came back to me, at which point I made sure to write it down before continuing installation.

Anyways, yeah. The wiki's user authentication has been disabled in favour of using forum accounts. You should not be able to log in using your wiki account, and should use your forum account on the wiki instead.

Also, sysop rights went with the wiki accounts. Jonas, Jake, Erik, and anyone who feels they should be a sysop, log in on the wiki so it'll know you exist, and then holler at me and I'll sysop-ize you.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Jacobus Loki

Re: I resent people being paid for spambot defense

Post by Jacobus Loki »

I won't miss being paid for it (although we should still be watchful). I'd rather spend time in more creative pursuits.

Can this be passed on to MicrasWiki? They were hit pretty bad last time as well.

Thanks.

P.S.-

Hollerin'
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Done?

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Jacobus Loki wrote:Can this be passed on to MicrasWiki? They were hit pretty bad last time as well.
I mentioned it to Spangle. You might need to yell at him to get him to stop baking cakes for long enough to do anything about it, though.
Hollerin'
Yar.
Erik Mortis wrote:Done?
Unless someone notices problems (and actually reports them to me), yeah.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

(Bows)

I offer a small bottle of retsima in thanks!

(Goes off to bug Spangle).
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Return to “Ministry of the Interior”