Muahahaha

Manages technical infrastructure for the board and website; make administrative requests here

Moderator: Erik Mortis

Allot

Muahahaha

Post by Allot »

I know Ari is on "LOA" but perhaps Erik or someone else can answer this. The list of 12 subforums in every House forum is quite unappealing. Is there some sort of mod so that we could make it less clutter-ish? In my mind I envisioned a clickable map, but that seems impossible with my basic knowledge of phpbb. Any ideas?
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Kaiser Mors VI

Re: Muahahaha

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

IT... actually is possible...

We'd need a make such an image, then we would need to make it so you can click on the links, and then we'd need to make is appear in the front.

But. I have no idea how to put all that together. So.. for now the sad answer is. No. Though I could tuck them away or something.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Allot

Post by Allot »

Hmm...I'll keep thinking. There must be a way to display all the different sub-forums without having to scroll down an entire page length to get to the actual messages.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

like I said.. I could shove them a "House Lands" forum or something in Kildare...
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Kaiser Mors VI wrote:IT... actually is possible...

We'd need a make such an image, then we would need to make it so you can click on the links, and then we'd need to make is appear in the front.

But. I have no idea how to put all that together. So.. for now the sad answer is. No. Though I could tuck them away or something.
So essentially you want to put an image in the forum description (which I'm 80% sure HTML works in; and if not, BBCode does), and you want to make it an image map where roughly each county is clickable, and links to the county forum.

You have the advantage it looks cool; and the huge disadvantage that if you try to fit all of Shireroth on one map, it takes up an awful lot of room.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

Yeah. Lands aren't as contiguous as they used to be. (And I'm fine with this...)
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Return to “Ministry of the Interior”