Transparent PNGs

Manages technical infrastructure for the board and website; make administrative requests here

Moderator: Erik Mortis

Greg Dean
Location: Florencia, Barony of The Holy Lands of Shireroth, Duchy of Naudia'Diva

Transparent PNGs

Post by Greg Dean »

So, that was a nice easy fix to implement. Those of you not using FireFox (shame on you!) should now be able to view transparent PNGs with proper alpha transparency. (that's varying degrees of transparency, for the uninitiated) This means no more needing to use badly-fitting transparent GIFs - now your transparent graphics can be anti-aliased! First order of business is fixing Malarbor when I get the chance -then to fix the main logo. You'll notice the difference, believe me.

To see what I mean, check out the below graphic. This is just the logo for my WoW guild - but keep in mind, I did NOT put the background color into it. The drop shadow is dynamic transparency.

The only downside I can really see is that doing a right-click>save as.. with Internet Explorer will try to save the overlayed graphic, not the main one. Easy to rectify, as you can do a quote on the post in question to get the original image location.

Or you could... you know, switch to FireFox. :)

Conglacio

Post by Conglacio »

strangly, when using the shireroth themes, it looks the same in IT and firefox......in subsilver, the difference is horrifying

Greg Dean
Location: Florencia, Barony of The Holy Lands of Shireroth, Duchy of Naudia'Diva

Post by Greg Dean »

Really... Hm. I haven't actually checked subSilver in IE... I should check that out. Not TOO worried about it, since we don't use subSilver... but I'll check it out.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

The same magic runs my Moose avatar. PNGs rule. :)
CENSOR'D

Return to “Ministry of the Interior”