Petition to EzBoard

Manages technical infrastructure for the board and website; make administrative requests here

Moderator: Erik Mortis

Kaiser Los III

Re: Petition to EzBoard

Post by Kaiser Los III »

That looks fair. I hate to ask more of EZBoard since they have been so very diligent in cleaning up after this even though it wasn't really their fault - but maybe I'll use whatever money I save from free gold to buy EZSupporter.

Gryphon the Pure

Petition to EzBoard

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

Wait a second. Didn't I have a thread logging the losses in each forum?In any case, I'd like people (mainly Administrators) to review this eMail before I send it off to EzBoard. Is it too much to ask? Do you think I should ask for more? Comments? Questions?Oh, and the section under============================================================== Quote: ===========================================================================================================is the Announcement that we can bug them for stuff like this.Quote:To EzBoard Appeals:My name is Joseph Strong, and on the behalf of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth I would like to request special consideration for restoral and/or compensation, following the attacks. Our board ( p211.ezboard.com/bshireroth ) suffered significant losses in archive threads dating between March 2004 and May 2005. As an active member of the micronational community ( http://www.shireroth.org/guide.html ), these threads are vital to the operation of our board and nation. Included in our losses are years worth of legal records in the form of our law, procedure, and decree books, as well as entire chapters of our incredibly valuable interactive fiction war game, S.N.A.R.L. ( p211.ezboard.com/fshirerothfrm93 ), which is just now getting back off the ground.I joined this board, and the EzBoard community, nearly three and a half years ago, and Shireroth has been a Gold Community since before I can remember. We will soon be coming up on our renewal date, and I have been informed by several administrators that before your restorals following the attacks, there were $25.00 in our community chest, which now reads $0.00. I will submit a payment ticket right now, but this is not the issue I want to deal with.Your updates have led me to believe that data would be restored up to early 2005, from the periodic hardcopy Gold Community backups, but since the attacks, over the duration of the restorals, I have seen nothing restored that was lost in the attacks. We are still missing nearly everything between March 2004 and May 2005. This can be seen in the General Discussion Archives ( p211.ezboard.com/fshirerothfrm54 , p211.ezboard.com/fshirerothfrm94 , p211.ezboard.com/fshirerothfrm105 ) to which threads from the General Discussion forum are moved monthly, and a new archive is created when the active one is full up to 10 pages (at 25 threads a page).I would like to request that, in the event that this lost year is unrestorable, our community be reimbursed with at least a year of Gold Community credit. As I have mentioned, we have been a Gold Community for longer than I can remember, and several of our most active members are also EzSupporters regardless. It will not be a loss to your company to continue to host our community.Thank you,Joseph Strong============================================================== Quote: ===========================================================================================================Last night we completed the Community Chest restoration process on all servers and we have added six weeks to every Gold Community subscription. If you, as a Gold Community ezOp (or an Administrator acting as the board owner), believe that is not appropriate for your community you may submit an appeal to appeals@ezboardcorp.com detailing your unique situation and proposed solution.Some simple guidelines:1. Appeals are limited to Gold Communities only. Any request having to do with free or trial communities, or ezSupporter will not receive a response.2. Submissions can only be made by the ezOp of the Gold Community. If a board's official ezOp is not currently active, however, an Administrator may act on the board's behalf.3. Only one submission per Gold Community will be accepted – we will not review multiple submissions for the same board.We will respond to all inquires as timely as possible and we expect that most submissions will be answered within two weeks.Again, thank you for your patience and continued support. We look forward to addressing you questions and concerns regarding Gold Communities. Gryphon the Pure- Shirithian Elder - Dutch of Kildare - Minister of the Interior - High Priest of Apostrophe aka Grammar Fuhrer - Director of the Shirithian Census - Imperial Advisor -q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);Edited by: Gryphon the Pure at: 8/7/05 1:04

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

I still think this marks a good time to move away from ezboard, but that's just me.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

The only complaint I have is the mention of legal documents, leglislation, etc. without a short explanation of what micronations are. Perhaps a link to the intro to micronations page? They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Gryphon the Pure

Edited in the URL for Scott's Guide for the Perplexed after "micronational community". Gryphon the Pure- Shirithian Elder - Dutch of Kildare - Minister of the Interior - High Priest of Apostrophe aka Grammar Fuhrer - Director of the Shirithian Census - Imperial Advisor -q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);

Gryphon the Pure

Quote:I apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. The 5/31 attack resulted in massive data loss across the entire ezboard network affecting all ezboard communities. At this point any data that could be recovered has been restored. Despite our efforts to recover as much data as possible from multiple sources, many ezboardÂ’s did not see any recoverable data.After reviewing your appeal I have added an additional 12 weeks of Gold credit to your board. Your Gold will now expire on February 5, 2006. I am hoping that this additional Gold credit will give your community the time it needs to rebuild. I have also corrected your Community Chest balance. I apologize for the confusion the incirrect balance caused you. Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions that you may have.Sincerely,James KerrManager, ezboard Customer Support Gryphon the Pure- Shirithian Elder - Dutch of Kildare - Minister of the Interior - High Priest of Apostrophe aka Grammar Fuhrer - Director of the Shirithian Census - Imperial Advisor -q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);

Gryphon the Pure

I have to at least chuckle at the word "incirrect". It's just so appropriately misspelled. Gryphon the Pure- Shirithian Elder - Dutch of Kildare - Minister of the Interior - High Priest of Apostrophe aka Grammar Fuhrer - Director of the Shirithian Census - Imperial Advisor -q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

At least they're generous! There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

Hurrah for EZBoard!Have you already sent them a thank you, or should I?

Gryphon the Pure

I have just sent out a short thank you, but if you want to say something longer, go ahead. There was no personal eMail given, so it's still appeals[at]ezboardcorp[dot]com Gryphon the Pure- Shirithian Elder - Dutch of Kildare - Minister of the Interior - High Priest of Apostrophe aka Grammar Fuhrer - Director of the Shirithian Census - Imperial Advisor -q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);

Return to “Ministry of the Interior”