Isle of Sago

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Scott of Hyperborea

Isle of Sago

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

(see http://www.micromaps.org/maps/claimsmap.png )

I've just learned what everyone else has known for a while - that the latest administrator of the MCS has drawn in a "volcanic island" in the strait between Brookshire and Kildare called the "Isle of Sago" and then given it to his own nation, Kataria.

Although we don't have any bad relations (or any relations, for that matter) with Kataria, they're now smack in the middle of our territory and obstructing the Barony of Straylight. And creating new volcanic islands to give yourself is really sketchy.

I suggest becoming enraged. Who's with me?

benkern

Post by benkern »

It was very, very, very sneaky.

I'm a Council member and I wasn't even informed of its creation. It was cleverly done, one pixel per map update.

Despite the fact that I'm still just a Resident Foreigner, I second Scott's motion and will be willing to bring the matter to the Administrative Discussion forum if you wish for me to do so.

I thought it odd that Shireroth had not had the island under its divine protection before I noticed it had been added, unannounced, recently. I immediately assumed it was Shirerithian and that the colour had chanegd from red to green over the years but sadly it was not so.
By His H47,
Baron Benkern of Vorpmadal, Yardistan.
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

H4773r 3lfs0n
Location: In -The Spirit of Saldena- a 1/4 mile above the Barony of Vorpmadal

Post by H4773r 3lfs0n »

*looks around. listens to the two infromed gentlemen above*

SHENANIGANS!!!!!

IF I CANT FLY A COUNTY FROM ONE LAND MASS TO ANOTHER WITHIN MY OWN BARONY/NATION

what high brow button pusher gets to make his own PERSONAL VOLCANIC ISLAND!?!?!!?

evil genius vibe much?!

AND NOT ONLY DID THE ISLAND JUST APPEAR, most subtley from what i can tell. it just appeared WITHIN SHIREROTH'S waters!!!

AT THE LEAST!!! he should clear it with us and form a treaty and explain to Micras AT LARGE why he decided a shwanky island paradise would be a nice addition for his personal playground, when there is PLENTY of EMPTY land/islands across our world to facilitate his needs.
Elder of Vorpmadal, Lunaris & Lac Glacei & Concurrent Lands
"Blessed" of Melvin and High Preist of B00/\/\ism
ACE and P.h.D. in M.U.K.A.R.C.T.A.O.S.E.N.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Is Ari still around? Straylight is his baby. I'm sure he'd have some choice things to say about a new island impinging on his land. Is there any way to undo this action by the MCS?

Scott of Hyperborea

Ari would probably say "Ah, whatever," because he's peaceful and easygoing like that. That's why it's up to us to stick up for him!

As for ways to undo this action by the MCS, the only two I can think of are lots of complaining, or recreational use of nuclear weapons. Complaining would probably be more effective, but less satisfying...

H4773r 3lfs0n
Location: In -The Spirit of Saldena- a 1/4 mile above the Barony of Vorpmadal

Post by H4773r 3lfs0n »

agreed
Elder of Vorpmadal, Lunaris & Lac Glacei & Concurrent Lands
"Blessed" of Melvin and High Preist of B00/\/\ism
ACE and P.h.D. in M.U.K.A.R.C.T.A.O.S.E.N.

Kaiser Letifer III

Post by Kaiser Letifer III »

I'm enraged by this... both as the Founder of the MCS and as the Kaiser of Shireroth. It violates sooo many of the principles of the MCS.. and violates our borders...

Enraged we are! Death.. maiming... and all that.

EriShadowMoon

Post by EriShadowMoon »

*Grabs torch and pitch fork*

*pauses*

Water this is externa.....

*drops toch and pitch fork. Grabs box of fire works and 3 bags of clay and some scrap metal and goes in to work studio*

*comes back out a wile later with some sort of clay misile launcher that looks like it might just back fire if used*

COLLOR ME ENRAGED!!

But on a more serious note. I think that his action is a terible miss use of power, and way out of line. maby if he had discused it with us first but not in a sneeky badtard way. I maen ya we put up with sneaky bastards all the time, heck we are sneeky bastards at times but not where land and treitory is involved I am quite enraged and say we go "kick some ass" :archy

Not that I realy have a say but that's besides my point......

Jess

Post by Jess »

Lets delcare war on them! :demon

Kaiser Letifer III

Hey.. there's an idea...

benkern

Post by benkern »

The MCS or Kataria? :D
By His H47,
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

Kaiser Letifer III

...That's a very good question.. but seeing as I support the continues existence of the MCS... EVen if I don't agree with what some people have done with it in the last few years.... I guess that leaves only 1 options for destruction.

PREPARE THE NUKES!

Tullius

Post by Tullius »

I'll round up the Florencian guard. Expect 12 strapping lads with no identifiable skill and particularly frilly outfits on the morrow!

Scott of Hyperborea

The MCS has agreed to gradually erode the island into nonexistence.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Scott of Hyperborea wrote:The MCS has agreed to gradually erode the island into nonexistence.
:archy
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Tullius

Post by Tullius »

How gradually are we talking?

Jess

Post by Jess »

Bombing is alot more fun than eroding

:archy :fish

benkern

Post by benkern »

How gradually are we talking?
As gradually as it arrived; one pixel per update. It's only a couple of pixels big anyway, so it won't take long.
By His H47,

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Destroy there pixels! Bomb them! :evil
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Jacobus Loki

Awwwww

Post by Jacobus Loki »

And I was going to call Admiral Quirk to phaser it....

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

So much for action. How terribly reasonable of them. :D

Kaiser Letifer III

We could just claim to have nukes it so it can be gone right away...

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

We nuke you! Roll for contested action against your laser defense system!

ehahahaha...

benkern

Post by benkern »

This problem is getting smaller with each update.
By His H47,

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

But... but... that's right in the middle of the Porpoise Leaps (I finally settled on a name)! It makes all sorts of sense that one of the seamounts would become active again and grow into a volcanic island! Why do you hate me? :(
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Jacobus Loki

Why

Post by Jacobus Loki »

anybody hate Ari? I'm just thrilled to see that he lives!

Or has he gone Babkhan or something?!

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

History lesson of the day: I once joined Babkha, because they all seemed to hate Tymaria for no good reason and I needed to be a citizen to get my voice (of reason) officially heard. The result was that they got their panties in a bunch over a Tymarian joining Babkha and drove me away :p
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Jacobus Loki

So, if you are a citizen

Post by Jacobus Loki »

is everybody upset over an itty-bitty volcanic island?

Jonas

Re: So, if you are a citizen

Post by Jonas »

President Jacobus wrote:is everybody upset over an itty-bitty volcanic island?
Yes! :angel

Scott of Hyperborea

Benkern, do you have some association with Porpoise Leaps? Your avatar in New Babkha seems quite Straylightian.

Return to “General Discussion”