What are our goals?

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Scott of Hyperborea

What are our goals?

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I'm really impressed with the Kaiser for bringing Shireroth back to life again.
Now that we're not dead, where do we go from here?

benkern

Post by benkern »

Well, something of a new era of the hobby is emerging - and it won't be entirely composed of new nations.

The GC is in decline. Discussions over the past few weeks have been made concerning mainly Babkha (Puppeteer and Overseer of the operation, although not while Iain's looking) leaving, although apparently there have been discussions of ending the Commonwealth altogether. From what I understand as a citizen of Babkha, the plan is pretty much to leave the GC and rejoin the MCS, and start anew and afresh as a better nation, a Better Babkha, but I don't think everyone feels the same way. But hopefully it'll happen anyway. Summary - Babkha's getting more active and the GC's going.

Shireroth is obviously regaining its activity, and although I haven't been around to witness old revival efforts I think this one will be the most significant. Perhaps, if both Babkha and Shireroth's revival efforts are sucessful, the old Shireroth-Babkho rivalry which dominated the Micras Sector a while back will be reborn, or alternatively the two nations could co-exist nice and happily as two oldies who were both at the brink of death and returned. Either way it's double plus good.

Let us not forget the newbalicious newbs however who are the most important people in this hobby. New Brittania, my fair simulationist home, is still clinging onto high activity, and I think if it rides upon this wave right it might be able to maintain its rightful position as one of the most influencial nations in the Sector (it used to be Numenor, I think Shireroth has a Treaty with it). Also, the Micro Illuminati, a community of individuals who don't represent their nations but happen to be heads of various newb nations (not to say they aren't active or smart) such as Craitland and Passas, may be coming into play soon as a real micronational entity. The guys I considered complete newbs only months ago are flowering into annoyingly successful micronationalists! :P

Uh, draw your own conclusions from that. I totally missed out NAM, but that's because it's iffy; Matbaa is quite inactive but I feel has promise; Antica has been hit by inactivity again but has quite a bit anyhow and will most likely recover reasonably quickly under Braden (or possibly his successor); Natopia is... well, Natopia. Nuff said.

I don't know what Shireroth should do now. For months the only objective of the Kaisers has been to pull Shireroth out of inactivity; now that has been achieved, more objectives have to be drawn out, perhaps old issues that were the problems before Shireroth's activity became the primary concern. Maybe a slow chugging back to life - that is, filling up the Ministries and letting the Landsraad do its job for various generic things that don't matter, getting Shireroth in "Normal" mode - would be a good idea, but then I am not the Kaiser, or even a citizen, so what would I know. :)
By His H47,
Baron Benkern of Vorpmadal, Yardistan.
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

I, for one, would love to see a resurgence of the rich fictional histories that have flowed from the fertile minds of our citizens, and to let the new citizens know the traditions, activities, and endeavors that made Shireroth great in the past. At present, there is little actually happening, and all the new citizens in the world won't give us a vibrant country without a context in which to act. I would also enjoy seeing some of the silly past activities again, like annexing books and chairs, and each other. Please, people, get busy creating again.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

The GC is in decline. Discussions over the past few weeks have been made concerning mainly Babkha (Puppeteer and Overseer of the operation, although not while Iain's looking) leaving, although apparently there have been discussions of ending the Commonwealth altogether. From what I understand as a citizen of Babkha, the plan is pretty much to leave the GC and rejoin the MCS, and start anew and afresh as a better nation, a Better Babkha, but I don't think everyone feels the same way. But hopefully it'll happen anyway. Summary - Babkha's getting more active and the GC's going.
Where did you hear this? Are you just taking this from the rumors in the Camel and the discussion in the Alkhiva forum, or do you have more complete information?

...if the latter, how would you like to work for SHINE?

BTW, this is the reason Malarbor wants to talk to the Khan of Vijanayagra (Ardy's Shirerithian title). I was thinking of reviving the Mango-Camel Pact. Do you have any good contact info for Ardy?

EriShadowMoon

Post by EriShadowMoon »

benkern - Thanx for the update. I have never realy been much for external affars but it's good to get some sort of an over vew...

Aditional note however...

I do remember a little rivalry but mostly I remember Babkha as a strong ally.

And on that note it would be nice to get the Mango-Camel Pact revived.

benkern

Post by benkern »

I'm a Babkhan citizen and a friend of Ardashir and Sahib Jahandar Khan. Int seems to fly my way almost constantly. :moose

I'll PM you Ardy's IM. Heck, why not:

I have no idea what his AIM is but I'm pretty sure he does use it.
His MSN address is, quite appropriately, ardashir@babkha.com, but he's not online on that address much (he has another but it's secret to stop bugs like me pestering him =P) and I'm not sure you'd be able to see him online very often due to time differences. A better idea than askinh me might be to PM Ardashir on the Babkhan forums - oh wait, I see you have. :)
By His H47,
Baron Benkern of Vorpmadal, Yardistan.
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

[quote]The guys I considered complete new now :)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Cheers Benkern - Scott found me. I'll reward you with Bill's phone number one day...

(joke)

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Ardashir--

I thought you had left micronations for good. (They even threw you a grand funeral.) It's good to see you here today. Welcome back from the dead.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

I'm still dead ;) I was evicted from Hell because Jeremy kept pestering the Devil to release me - now I have become his affliction.

Thanks for the welcome. :kaiser

Jacobus Loki

Hmmm

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Since the Great Khan is purged by the experience of death, and as a micronationalist who has (seemingly) died a time or two meself, I add to the welcome. Perhaps sometime we can participate in a joint fiendish plot at some time in the future. :evil

Over in our little corner well, our longtime adversaries are bogged down in the kind of proceeedural stuff that is not even fun to ridicule. (Although we might get around to that). Our plans involve a republican imperialism abroad coupled with cleaning up our act at home. To some degree.

Our offer of peace still stands with our adversaries, but their staying tied up in knots is just as good.

I look forward to Elder Statesmanship, personally.

Tullius

Post by Tullius »

Well, I think the first thing to do would be to solve the problems immediately caused by inactivity; that is, a lack of procedural and organizational clarity. The natural entropy of things has led to there being a lack of easy access to adequate information on basic things like ranks and titles, government function, population, etc. I think then, we need an updated public census, to include ranks and titles, followed by some authorotative posts on the system of governance, perhaps even an update to the website.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

If you look in the Big Brother Census thread of the Ministry of Immigration and Naturalization, there is a June/July census ongoing. Please enter your information there. Thanks.

Tullius

Post by Tullius »

Do you plan on keeping the census open through July? That seems an awful long time for a census. Or is this the census to cover the period from June-July, but will be closed before the end of July? Once you've finished the census, is there to be some sort of formal report, and if not what are you going to do with the info gathered?

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

The tradition has been for the Ministry to conduct a census on a semi-regular basis, and also when a new Kaiser acends the Mango Throne. His Niftiness has requested an accounting of our active citizens. We also have a number of frequent posters and friends who are not active citizens registering their presence here. Within the next week or so I will make a report to His Majesty and he will decide on new ministerial appointments.

Kaiser Letifer III

Post by Kaiser Letifer III »

My plan seems to have succeeded. We live again... and I'm spiralling down into depression once again.. so.. I think everything is back to normal in shireroth.

I need to find a steward.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Kaiser Letifer III wrote:We live again...
No! :o
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

HIH Hesam Jahandar

Back

Post by HIH Hesam Jahandar »

Hey all!

Just wanted to drop by my favourite micronation and remind all of you that after all these years I keep a place for all of you in my cold, tar-ridden heart.

So, How's everyones day?

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I'm fine, thank you.

HIH Hesam Jahandar

X

I promise Winston won't bother anyone anymore, and I'm glad to see Shireroth is still around. I'm active in Babkha again, and I'm sorry to see the division in the sector is still going strong.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

As one of the elders of Shireroth, I remember the bad old days after the mango-camel pact was dissolved.

As the de facto Minister of Military Affairs here in Shireroth, I also remember alot more then the common citizen remembers on a SHINE level.

As the Duke of Yardistan, I remember what happened when Ardashir bombed my islands, and massacred the elves.

I will

bitterly

oppose any revication of the Mango-Camel pact.

In fact, let me kill that right now. If an alliance is made again, I will lead Yardistan in revolt.

How's that for serious intent?

HIH Hesam Jahandar

X

Easy there tiger, I was just saying hello,

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

That wasnt geared towards you man, that was towards Scott. I have nothing against you personally. Well, aside from you being a part of Babkha. :no ;)

Kaiser Letifer III

Post by Kaiser Letifer III »

Yardistan in revolt... there's a new thing...

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Kaiser Letifer III wrote:Yardistan in revolt... there's a new thing...
You're kidding :o

HIH Hesam Jahandar

X

You don't like Babkhans in general but I'm "Cool" because I decided to be polite? You should choose your words carefully, even in real life. Sweeping generalizations like that can become insulting and or messy very quickly.

None the less, thanks for having me here and I'm sorry you feel that way about Babkha. As I said I'm not on a diplomatic mission, was just dropping by to say hello to those I remember.

If its any consolation, I think the only remaining Babkhans who would remember the Mango-Camel Pact would be myself, Ardashir and Tahmaseb.
And I know for a fact that the three of us aren't on a mission to subvert Shireroth or anything. I just thought I'd come by despite the cold relations that have endured for 2 years between Shireroth and Babkha.

(Hides stolen Menelmacar Star)

Neike Taika-Tessaro

Post by Neike Taika-Tessaro »

Hey, there's generous amounts of irony. *puts ketchup on it and nibbles*

*leaves it up to the people reading this to figure out what, precisely, is the irony*
Neike Taika-Tessaro, Archon of Dark Arcadia

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I don't mince words. I meant what I said. In general, I dont like Babkha, but I dont remember you directly harming us (I could be wrong), so I have no beef with you, just what you represent.

Now Ardy on the other hand...

When I hear the word, 'Ardy', I reach for my gun.

HIH Hesam Jahandar

X

SHINE? Micronational intelligence agencies (if you want to even call them that) are about as threatening as a paranoid nerd keeping profiles on his classmates. Its weird and creepy but its not threatening, just like SHINE.

Here's some INT work for SHINE, Babkha is trying to rejuvenate the hobby and encourage new nations and individuals to join. WOW, WHAT A SCOOP!

"When I hear the word Ardy I grab my gun"

reminds me of a Jack Handy quote:

"A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby."

BTW, is Al Franken still running for the US Senate?

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

When I hear the word Ardy I also grab my gun, it just has that effect on me. Kinda stimulating. :no

But otherwise Babkha is more interested in getting out of the GC, and survival in general so there is no threat to elves nor to the sensitive young gentleman who is held to be representative of Yardistan. World domination is a tad of the menu. ;)

Return to “General Discussion”