You say you wanna revolution?

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Scott of Hyperborea

You say you wanna revolution?

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

So, I'm kinda tired of what's been going on, or hasn't been going on, the past few months. I say we kick out the current Kaiser and replace him with someone else, preferably me. Who's with me?

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Scott--

I thought we just went through that.

Scott of Hyperborea

We did, but it didn't work, so I'm gonna hold a better one.

For the sake of a longer explanation: Bill's been Kaiser about two months now, the average length of a reign for the past few years. He's had a decent chance to try something, really nothing much has been done, and although I like him as a person I'm afraid he's just been too under the weather to really do much lately. He also refuses to step down, despite my asking very nicely. I'll come in, try a couple of ideas, and then give the throne to someone else before I leave for Japan next month.

Kaiser Meskan II

Post by Kaiser Meskan II »

By asking nicely, you mean yelling and screaming at me, saying that it's my fault the nation's dying and the like?
By my hand,
His Niftiness, Meskan, Second of the Name, Kaiser of Shireroth, Overlord of the Duchies of Kildare, Naudia’Diva, and Northold, Overlord of the Baronies of Elwynn and Vorpmadal, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Wielder of Vengeance, Count of Shirekeep, Knight Companion of the Most Magnificent Imperial Order of the Sovereign Viking Crown, and Lord of the Golden Mango Throne.

Scott of Hyperborea

Well in between doing all that I asked nicely.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

The nation isn't dying. It had a huge slump, but we now have some active new and old members, and things are beginning to recover.

Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Scott, really..it's not only his fault.

Scott of Hyperborea

Oh, it's completely not his fault. I'm just worried that he's not really doing all that much to fight it.

Kaiser Meskan II

Besides, you havn't made ANY posts in the last couple of weeks. You're just as guilty as I am in this.

This is the whole country's fault.
By my hand,
His Niftiness, Meskan, Second of the Name, Kaiser of Shireroth, Overlord of the Duchies of Kildare, Naudia’Diva, and Northold, Overlord of the Baronies of Elwynn and Vorpmadal, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Wielder of Vengeance, Count of Shirekeep, Knight Companion of the Most Magnificent Imperial Order of the Sovereign Viking Crown, and Lord of the Golden Mango Throne.

Scott of Hyperborea

Absolutely. I was inactive because there was nothing to do, I admit that. I imagine most of the other people who've been inactive have been for that same reason. I feel like helping out now; the only way to help is to create things to do. The position that can do that is Kaiser. That's why I'm asking for the job. Simple, ne?

Braden Indianensis
Location: Number 12 Concord Street, Nafticon, Republic of Antica

Post by Braden Indianensis »

Well, actually, that's not entirely true, Bill. Most people here try to make at least one post every day, unless there's absolutely nothing to talk about, which is no one's fault. No offense to those who don't try to post every day, but Bill, the blame rests with everyone and no one.
Antican Ambassador to Shireroth and Babkha
Former Speaker of the Assembly of the Republic of Antica
Reporter for the Antican Liberator
Elder Guard of the Order of the Vorpal Blade

Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Well Scott, you could just direct him. You're his friend, be his advisor. Bill is trying, and he's getting stress over your distrust for him. Help him out, stop being power hungry because that's the impression people are going to get.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

I have removed the administrator privledges of Scott of Hyperborea for a violation of section 1.8.23.1 Article A of the Lawbook.
CENSOR'D

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Who the frell is Midnight?

And I tried to get something going with the coins! But noooo! All that talk in Albany and still nada! Poo on you all! I've demoted myself back to a Count and bought an estate in Landingberg I'm so freakin bored!
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Wait, Moose, you cant do that. Your not even a citizen! I demand that you re-instate his admin!

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Me not being a citizen has no bearing on the fact that he violated the Lawbook and should be punished. Mine is but a tertiary punishment to stand until the Kaiser can institute a more official punishment, which, if I am correct in my assumption, would've been exactly what I did.
CENSOR'D

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Not what I mean. You still violated the law yourself. As far as i'm concerened, your in the wrong as well.

Harvey the Blue

Post by Harvey the Blue »

BURNING TORCHES! PITCHFORKS! Get your angry mob and/or revolution gear here! Special half price "Shireroth is going out of business" sale!

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

I broke the law by punishing someone who broke the law? Right.
CENSOR'D

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Harvey!!

We heard rumors of your death or disappearance. It's good to see you again.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Don't mind Harvey/Jason. He's just here to dance on our grave.

Harvey the Blue

Post by Harvey the Blue »

You took my last post on these boards slightly too seriously, Gman.

Kaiser Meskan II

Moose, give Scott admin again. I know he could, but overthrowing me by force when he doesn't have popular support would be political suicide.

Even though a revolution against the Kaiser without his consent is illegal, I'm pretty sure he means to convince me to retire, although that's not going to work unless he actually becomes active. He says that he has a burst of energy now - let him prove that.
Last edited by Kaiser Meskan II on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By my hand,

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Apoligies then mate!

Scott of Hyperborea

I don't care whether I have admin or not or what. That's not the point. The point is that we need to get some leadership back in this nation.

Bill is right. I'm not going to seize the throne without popular support because that would be worse than useless. If you do support me, I'll seize the throne with popular support and try to get the nation back on its feet again.

If you don't support me, I'll try and help Bill out. I don't wanna do this cause I'm afraid it'd turn into either "doing Bill's job for him" or "arguing with Bill". Not to mention that Bill's desire to hang onto power for this long has got me really worried. But I'll do it. So I've heard a pretty unequivocal "no" from Midnight and not much of anything from anyone else. Am I supported?

I also wanna add that Bill makes an awesome Praetor (much better than I make a MiniEx) and that I would love to see him back in that job.
Last edited by Scott of Hyperborea on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Burn the whole lot of ya! Bahahahaha! :evil

I'm feeling Infernal lately... Haven't got a bloody clue why... It ain't even October yet...
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Oh, and for the record, I support Scott for Kaiser so long as he gets off his arse and does the job.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

And the plot thickens.

Oh Ryan, dear.

*HUGS AND KISSES FOR YOU*

:angel

Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Ryan wrote:Who the frell is Midnight?
I am nu.

Scott, you're his friend. Help him, advise him. It's not his fault that this place isn't active, things happen. Things die, then they get active on their own. People get lives, and are too busy for things. It happens everywhere.

Braden Indianensis
Location: Number 12 Concord Street, Nafticon, Republic of Antica

Post by Braden Indianensis »

Moose, you hypocrite, I would point out that you made no move to censure me during my rebellion. Oh, Harvey, hope you don't mind, I've hired a few Vaudeville tapdancers to help you with the job. :)
Antican Ambassador to Shireroth and Babkha
Former Speaker of the Assembly of the Republic of Antica
Reporter for the Antican Liberator
Elder Guard of the Order of the Vorpal Blade

Return to “General Discussion”