Shadows out of heart

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Zirandorthel

Shadows out of heart

Post by Zirandorthel »

This is from a band I quite like, called Kíla. I don't expect people to know what this is from the lyrics, so that's why I'm telling you this now. It's from an album called Luna Park, named after a theme park somewhere in America, methinks.Quote:Glanfaidh MéI will clean Mé ag dul in aois arísMe ageing againAg fás in mo shaolGrowing in my life Leí ag sroicheadh bís arísWith her reaching peaksAch mise liom féinBut me back by myselfMá bhraitheann mé an íseal brí anuas orm arís If I feel the down pressure back on top of me againGlanfaidh mé amach é mar a ghlan mé cheana féinI’ll clean it out as I did beforeMá bhraitheann mé an doicheall anuas orm arís If I feel the darkness down on me again Glanfaidh mé amach é mar atá ar bun agam anoisI’ll clean it out as I’m doing right now Glanfaidh mé a leithéad de scáth ó mo chroí - glanfaidh mé amach iadI’ll clean that kind of shadow from my heart - I’ll clean it outGlanfaidh mé a leithéad de scamaill amch as mo shlí - glanfaidh mé amach iadI’ll clean those clouds out of my way - I’ll clean it outGo amach as mo shlíGo out of my wayAs mo chroíOut of my heart Do braith mé as íseal brí ag brú anuas orm arís I felt that down pressure pressing down upon me again Glanfaidh mé amach éI’ll clean it outBhraith mé doicheall na diabhail ag déanamh lóistín laistigh díom arís I felt the demon’s darkness taking up accomodation within me again Glanfaidh mé amach éI’ll clean it outBhraith mé mo mhisneach ag ídiú uaim ‘s ag dul amú orm arís I felt my courage leeking and going astray from me Glanfaidh mé amach I’ll clean it outDo bhraith mé an dorchadas do mo thimpeallú ‘s ag cur isteach orm arís I felt the black encircling me and disrupting me again Glanfaidh mé amach éI’ll clean it out Glanfaidh mé a leithéad de scáth ó mo chroí - glanfaidh mé amach iadI’ll clean that kind of shadow from my heart - I’ll clean it outGlanfaidh mé a leithéad de scamaill amch as mo shlí - glanfaidh mé amach iadI’ll clean those clouds out of my way - I’ll clean it out x 2 Beidh mé réidhI’ll be thereBeidh mé romhatI’ll be aheadBeidh mé úrI’ll be freshBeidh mé ullamhI’ll be readyBeidh mé socair ionam féin arísI’ll be steady in myself again Beidh mé leíI’ll be with herBeidh mé leoI’ll be with themBeidh mé leatI’ll be with youBeidh mé lánI’ll be fullBeidh mé iomlán folláin arísI’ll be totally ripe again Beidh mé saorI’ll be freeBeidh mé sonaI’ll be safeBeidh mé suanI’ll be brightBeidh mé slanI’ll be happyAr ais chum fhéin arísI’ll be back to myself again Beidh mé cléI’ll be leftDeasRightThuaidhNorthTheasSouthSocair ionaim féin arísGrowing inside again Glan glan glan arís glan glan arísSo clean clean clean clean it out againGlan glan glan go dtí bhfuil mé sona sástaUntil I am happyGlan glan glan arís glan glan arísSo clean clean clean clean it out againGlan glan go dtí go bhfuil mé slán sabháilte Until I am safe I’ll clean out my life x 2 Dia liomGod be with meDia leatGod be with youDia leisGod be with himDia leíGod be with herDia leoGod be with themDia libhGod be with you (plural)Dia linn uiligGod be with all of usDia dhá réiteachGod resolve ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Gryphon Avocatio

Re: Shadows out of heart

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Hmm...how bardly of you...i like it!now, as I did with CMX, i will search out said band...and I will listen...and become strangely addicted despite the fact I've got no clue what they are saying...damn you! But at the same time...thank you! -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

http://www.kila.ieThey were on a tour of the States there a while back, might still be. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Kaiser Erik

Post by Kaiser Erik »

Nick, burn whatever you find to disk for me... Kaiser Erik of Shireroth.Duke of BrookshireNot dead yet...

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Hell, I could do it for you guys. I'll convert some to MP3s and send em to you via AIM, if you like.They're a brilliant band, Irish and African fusion, and a lot of crazy stuff thrown in. They had a concept album dedicated to this 70s cartoon "Monkey" which was based on this Japanese legend. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Gryphon Avocatio

Ooooohhh...sounds...progressive :P -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

CMX? FUSION? MONKEY?!?! PROGRESSIVE?!?!?!GIBBERISH!!! ALL GIBBERISH!!!!*covers ears and runs away*

Gryphon Avocatio

When I get my recording back into order, i'm going to record a punk song for you, greg...mewhilst, I have downloaded the mp3 preview from Kila's website of "Glanfaidh Mé"...it is madness in compact form...with nifty celtic nuances (well, that wasn't the right word was it?) and awesome percussion...Eoin, i love you... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

The full version of Glanfaidh me is something like 9 minutes long. That rapid drum you hear is the bodhran, played by Ronan O Snodaigh, who also sings. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

There's a "bonas track" of the full MP3 of Tog é go bog é on the site too, Nick. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

A punk song? lol why? and about what? haha

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Because you're a musical philistine, and obviously need to have good quality music pumped directly into your brain, that's why.And I presume it'll be about the beat, or the street, or drugs or shagging. That's the usual pool of subjects for punk, right? ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

wait... Quote:Because you're a musical philistine, and obviously need to have good quality music pumped directly into your brain, that's why.So, BECAUSE I like punk music I need to have someone make a PUNK song about me because i'm a "musical philistine"?

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Precisely. Now be quiet before you confuse us musically clued-in people any further. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Gryphon Avocatio

Lol...Because..i think a punk/black-metal fusion song is in order! and I don't know...i'll make it a little poppy (since that's all the punk I know)...and I'll do my usual tricks...I found a sound card that works in my other computer...so all i need is a mic!*runs to get tog é go bog é*i like Bodhrans (sp?)...heh...they are useful...in more ways than one...like...i don't know...but they can confuse people... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

According to AOL dictionary that's an Irish goatskin drum... right?

Gryphon Avocatio

Quote:That rapid drum you hear is the bodhranPresta atención, chico! -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

Quote:Hell, I could do it for you guys. I'll convert some to MP3s and send em to you via AIM, if you like.Me 2... me 2!!!!!!!!

Gryphon Avocatio

Tristemente, no tengo un buen conexión al internet, pues, no puedo hacer ésto. -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Actually, Eriana, it'll probably be quicker for all of you guys to download them from the site, what with you all having megabyte-per-second modems (grrrrr)... ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Gryphon Avocatio

gotta hate 'em, aye? -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

You've gotta despise them, and pray to all the gods who'll listen that their connections fail. Hate is for wimps. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Gryphon Avocatio

loathe? Odiate? Caoine? -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

Oki-doki

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Did you download any of the song, Eriana? ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Gryphon Avocatio

I bought Lemondade and Buns...needless to say, I am blissfully, blissfully happy with my purchace...I found one of but a few cds that was worth $15 of my life savings... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Listerine Waltz is one of the best on there, I think, along with Cé Tú Féin, of course. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Gryphon Avocatio

mmm...Cé Tú Féin...I'm actually quite partial to Epicy...but that's because I am a mandolinist and I cannot help myself when I hear the sweet sound of said instrument....wow...that sounded really dumb... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Rossa O Snodaigh is the one who plays the mandolin, he's fecking deadly, he is. Zirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Gryphon Avocatio

Anybody with the name O Snodaigh is probably deadly.... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Return to “General Discussion”