Yet another Leave of Absence

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Zirandorthel

Yet another Leave of Absence

Post by Zirandorthel »

I'll down in the beautiful County Port Lairge (Waterford) on a class retreat until Friday evening, Friday morning for ye lot, I suppose. I'll be around this evening (yet again, morning to late afternoon for ye lot) but I'll be off Thursday morning (this evening for you). ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart Edited by: Zirandorthel at: 11/14/03 7:53 am

Kaiseress Jadie

Re: Yet another Leave of Absence

Post by Kaiseress Jadie »

Have fun!!!! Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of ShirerothCarry on with your lives people....Nothing to see here

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

In Waterford? Who wouldn't?? We're going to Mount Mellory, site of one of the last remaining monasteries in Ireland, and seeing their little farm and everything. Those funny oul Trappists.. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Kaiseress Jadie

Oooo..Monastery....that sounds cool Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of ShirerothCarry on with your lives people....Nothing to see here

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Thank goodness we're staying in a hotel, with sheets and carpets and things like that..Next year we're off to Lough Derg, where the real retreatists survive on boiled water and pepper soup and walk around barefoot. A doddle for me, since I walked up Crough Patrick last year with no shoes, I've been able to keep up a thick layer on the soles of my feet. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Kaiseress Jadie

I have a friend here at SSU that walks around barefoot no matter the weather...Quite strange really. Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of ShirerothCarry on with your lives people....Nothing to see here

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Well, that's California, where the default weather setting is baking heat...this was Ireland, and this was a bitch of a God-mountain. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Kaiseress Jadie

Hey! It is pseudo cold right now...for us warm-blooded folk it is freezing!!! Scarves are a beautiful thing...*sighs happily* Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of ShirerothCarry on with your lives people....Nothing to see here

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Oh yes? Well I suppose it's still hotter there most of the time, although we never get too cold, because the whole country is so small that the Gulf Stream still keeps us pretty warm.Anyway, religious reflectation, or at least the pretense of doing so is a great oul tradition of the school. Kíla blaring through the walls of the hotel while I do so, mais oui.. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Mari Greenwood

Post by Mari Greenwood »

Bye!Namarie!Have a good time!

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

I certainly hope I will, Mari, thank you. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Kaiser Erik

Post by Kaiser Erik »

Later. *hands you a Mug of Orange Beer for the road* Kaiser Erik of Shireroth.Duke of BrookshireNot death yet...

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I heard that in Ireland they're so strict about drunk driving that you'll see drunk guys stumbling all over the sidewalks because they know to not drive... this true?

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

I don't know what you warm-blooded people are thinking! It's fucking hot here! (of course, I've been declared pseudo-Scottish by my friends, so it's no surprise I would think that). So yeah...give me Scotland any day! You can take our lives, but you can never take our Freezing Weather!!!*listens to Kíla* -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Gman: Well, they don't look lightly on drunken driving. If you kill someone when you're drunken driving, that's you in jail, but isn't that the same in every country? The reason you see drunks stumbling along the footpath is because they're too bollixed to know who they are or where they're going.Nick: Hurray for awful weather disguised as climate! ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Mari Greenwood

Post by Mari Greenwood »

I like it warm or even hot compared to freezing. Speaking of freezing what the heck happened in southern california with all of that hail and stuff? Geeze they live in the desert part of the state.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Southern California has always been a crappy area to live in... like Mari said it IS naturally desert....

Jadie of Goldshire

Post by Jadie of Goldshire »

That is why Northern California kicks ass Jadie of GoldshireCarry on with your lives people...nothing to see here.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

It doesn't matter which side is better, ALL of California's going to fall into the ocean inside 100 years anyway...

Gryphon Avocatio

Yeah...that's what you east-coast people all say...One time in scotland I slept for a few hours under a tarpoun in the rain...fucking crazy....it was fun... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Haha, well isn't it? You are living on top of a huge fault line...

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Ah yes, Southern California, the land God tried to make uninhabitable for a reason.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Scott, start running towards Hyperborea, and i'll start running towards BAM...*sees the gathering mob*

Gryphon Avocatio

Yay for NorCal *waves a little flag* -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Jadie of Goldshire

*joins in waving flag* Jadie of GoldshireCarry on with your lives people...nothing to see here.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

*waves a little NC flag*EAST COAST BABY!!!*does weird gang sign thing*man... i'm so white...

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

*joins in flag wavingness* Oh and Scott... good call....

Jadie of Goldshire

All the good guys are on the east coast...well.....*whistles innocently*Except one...*giggles cutely* Jadie of GoldshireCarry on with your lives people...nothing to see here.

Gryphon Avocatio

there's always an exception... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Jadie of Goldshire

Well yeah..life is boring with exceptions Jadie of GoldshireCarry on with your lives people...nothing to see here.

Return to “General Discussion”