What is this crap I hear about FIOJ dissapearing FOREVER?!

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Gman Russell

What is this crap I hear about FIOJ dissapearing FOREVER?!

Post by Gman Russell »

Well? Ryan (warvoid) was saying this stuff about how Harvey obliterated all of its history and stuff... is this true?*winces and hopes its not true*

Kaiseress Jadie

Re: What is this crap I hear about FIOJ dissapearing FOREVER

Post by Kaiseress Jadie »

I have also heard this news....It is quite sad...I guess Harvey wanted to make sure he cut off all ties to micronations....*shrugs* Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

What, exactly, does this mean in real terms? He isn't deleting the boards, is he?

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I just tried the webpage, and everthing seems to work... but... Harvey apparently pulled FIOJ from the Apollo Foundation.........I must now begin a period of mourning.... I can't believe he'd let this happen without telling me.....................

Kaiseress Jadie

*hugs Greg*Me sowwy...I found out from WarVoid....after Harvey stopped speaking to me or I would have said something to Harvey to see why. Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

GSquid314: Salu.Jasonian22: SolomsGSquid314: Ah, praise be, you responded. Apparently half of micronationalism has been trying to get in touch with you over the past few days without result.Jasonian22: Meh...?Jasonian22: Odd that none of them bothered to use an IM service or something.GSquid314: I guess you never answer your AIM...it sounds kinda familiar.GSquid314: Anyway, is it true that you asked that Jasonia be removed from the Foundation and destroyed?Jasonian22: I am finding it increasingly difficult to answer messages I do not get.Jasonian22: In a sense, pretty much.Jasonian22: Hmm, forgot about that one.GSquid314: Forgot about what one?Jasonian22: Forgot that I was trying to set that one up... it has been about two weeks now.Jasonian22: Do you people finally have an answer for me?GSquid314: Erm...I think Ryan said okay...but a lot of people like GMan are pretty upsetJasonian22: I am not sure if you caught this, but my plan was to remove the islands from the map entirely... upon getting approval for that, I was going to write up a quick story about them blasting into space and looking for a new planet.GSquid314: MmmmhmmmmJasonian22: But yeah... barring that, the islands can just go unclaimed and the cities removed. They are old relics that need to leave anyway.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

*gags and forces self not to puke*I'm feeling sick now........ I had hopes it was a deranged rumor....Ugh... thanks Scott. I didn't want to hear that but needed to... Harvey.... why?!

Kaiseress Jadie

*curls up into a little ball and whimpers*I would like to ask him why about a lot of things.....*whimpers* Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of ShirerothEdited by: Kaiseress Jadie at: 10/19/03 2:57 pm

Rakesh86

Post by Rakesh86 »

My condolences to all of you. I understand the feeling when a nation you devoted so much time to suddenly disappears due to actions of its leader/founder.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Thanks Rakesh... really *smiles alittle*

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

The FIoJ predates even me...but it is, at least in shireroth, a nation of significant historical importance. I understand Harvey's connection to it as it's owner (well...more or less...not really), but the ex-nation is important to others as well...something ought to be done as destroying the nation would be...well...not terribly devastating...as I'm sure there are many people around who don't even know the the FIoJ even was...but to the few elders and historians of micronations...well...i wouldn't want to see it just *poof*... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

I was once reading a large article in the grand archive (note to self, remember toi finish reading it)seeing peopel and nations being which now are half forgoten words and seeing nations and people who are around now, but now reading about glory days of old about them, was.....well....it made me fell small, like I was in the presence of some great ancient power......to see for my self one of those nations history being wiped out, well..... war trophy liberated from Babkha by the Federated NORworthic Liberation Devision (FNORD)

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I talked it over with Harvey and the nations history won't be wiped out and the website will stay as is, but he has pulled FIoJ from the Apollo foundation and make a story about it leaving for another planet.*bites lip*And he said it's doubtfull he will return to micronations or that FIoJ will make a comeback...I'm going to do my darndest to make sure newbies know the name of the Flying Islands of Jasonia and tremble in awe as they look back at it.Nick, perhaps I could teach the history of FIoJ in the university...?

Kaiser Erik

Post by Kaiser Erik »

*recalls his final days in the FIOJ.. recalls the Betrayal....and the "Trial"... and the Cold War....Has no regrets it is finally off the map...*I would only be displeased if the boards and their history where lost... Kaiser Erik of Shireroth.Duke of BrookshireNot dead yet...

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Yes, I think the last few months there were ones we'd all rather forget. Definitely the history and website should not be lost, or just destroyed because Harvey wants to cover his tracks. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Jason Steffke

Post by Jason Steffke »

Public statement with an ancient login:It is my desire to see the Flying Islands of Jasonia removed from the MCS map entirely. I know that sooner or later someone would want to claim those islands, and quite frankly that disturbs me a bit. But barring that, I want the Apollo Foundation to remove their claim to the islands and for the cities to go abandoned.Why? Well, because Jasonia was of revolutionary importance. Even those that had bad experiences at one point or another *gestures to Erik* should be willing to admit that the nation was influential, or at the very least a lot of fun. It was carefree and blameless... at least for about six months. So why remove it now? Because it is under glass like a museum exhibit. People see those islands and they do no understand them, or what happened there, or why they are on the map at all when clearly no nation is based there. This is NOT the fate Jasonia was designed to serve!Quote:My condolences to all of you. I understand the feeling when a nation you devoted so much time to suddenly disappears due to actions of its leader/founder.Amusing in the most. Jasonia has "suddenly disappeared" over three years ago. I do not think anyone can possible acuse me of abandoning it NOW when I have tried my darndest to keep memories alive for this time.All hope is not lost. I see that Switching Day lives on. Maybe someone will celebrate Jasonia Day this Feburary 19th. I dunno. Maybe someday, someway, the world will becoming topsy-turvy enough for there to be a Jasonian revival so that we can create a new paradise of the sky. I doubt it, but that is your destiny now, not mine.Oh... about the forums and website being destroyed, I have no idea where that one came from. They are going to stay around forever, darn it. I am not about to annhilate the most interesting year of my life to date for no apparent reason. So stop spreading rumors like that. Sheesh.Okay, I am off. Try not to make it a habit of making me come back here... Harvey Steffke

Hesam Jahandar

Post by Hesam Jahandar »

Well what an attitude, I've seen such a crab since that VD video we were forced to watch in elementary. War Trophy Liberated From Menelmacar god of warProud Owner of a Real Horrorshow High-Speed, Low-Drag Sig!

Kaiseress Jadie

Harvey can do whatever he wishes...and he has made his decision. Let the man leave MNs in peace. Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Quote:Amusing in the most. Jasonia has "suddenly disappeared" over three years ago. I do not think anyone can possible acuse me of abandoning it NOW when I have tried my darndest to keep memories alive for this time.I don't know about the rest Harvey, but I was hoping as long as Jasonia was still in the Apollo Foundation that it would make a comeback, so for me this *IS* a sudden loss.........

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Maybe because you haven't been here all this time, G...to the rest of us who have, you sound a wee bit like a naive dumbass, no offence of course (Note: winking does not make a thing less offensive). ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Serapheenx

Post by Serapheenx »

Who said wee naive dubmasses aren't speciaal? Well, they aren't, but perhaps they are idiot sevants....hmmm....

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Thanks for the support.... *leaves*

Kaiseress Jadie

Wait a tick....How does him being upset about FIoJ being deleted from the Apollo Foundation make him a naive dumbass?I'm sorry...but you guys are wrong on that. You have to remember that he has been gone for a long time. He hasn't been back that long and to hear the his home country was being taken off the map...I'm sorry I would be pretty upset too especially if I was friends with the founder. So cut the crap and give him some slack okay? Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

Is being meen realy nesisary????

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Oh-ho, ain't we tetchy. Sorry for that, it's just that I have compulsive calling-people-naive-dumbasses disorder, plus my aunt died on Friday. It just seems ridiculous, though, to someone who's been here all the time, that the FIoJ can ever come back. Perhaps I could have put it in nicer terms, but at that moment, I couldn't have cared. So sorry, Gman, for the offence, really this time. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

It's ok Zir, I understand. *nods*and I send my condolonces to you my friend, losing family is a terrible tradgedy *pats on the back*

SolidaryDork

Post by SolidaryDork »

All antics aside....you have my deepest sympathies.*pats hand supportingly*

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Just a note from your local MCS man....I've already discussed this with Erik. Whom I oddly don't see anywhere around...Anyhoo, we both concluded that the MCS does NOT remove land masses from the map. Period. No exceptions.Therefore, as far as i'm concerned, the islands are going *SPLOOSH* into the Great Western Sea and, due to the resulting tsunami, wipe out the FIOJ and turn them back into normal islands. Me an Erik are supposed to be busting them up a bit too and adding a few more landmasses. So for us, it's simply a tectonic shift and the landmasses are being altered, but not removed.Nonetheless, the FIOJ will cease to exist in recognisable terms.

Serapheenx

Re: Forever?! nahhhh...um...yeah?

Post by Serapheenx »

Did you say, tectonic plates? Now there's something I CAN talk about...sort of....well, ....sure we can....I think...

Jason Steffke

Re: Forever?! nahhhh...um...yeah?

Post by Jason Steffke »

Secondary public statement with an ancient login:Please ignore the majority of my first public statement and pretty much all of WarVoid's post above. After discussing things with Gman, Bill, Scott, and a few others, the destruction of the FIoJ has been called off. No use burning bridges, especially ones in the sky.That is all for now. *looks around* Are things actually managing to get weirder here every time wander back? Harvey Steffke

Return to “General Discussion”