Dia de la Switching!

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Scott Alexander

Re: Dia de la Switching!

Post by Scott Alexander »

Well, the way we did it before is pretty much what Poet said. Someone leads it, and they take everyone who's participating and match them up with another participant randomly (sometimes we throw in some easily caricatured wild cards like Ras Diga or Peter Little just for the fun of it) and then when the day comes they all post stuff similar to what their character might post. At the end of the day, people send the leader their guesses as to who was whom.I think I'm gonna advertise this on MNN to get people from around the world to participate. They can't do it here, of course, since then people wouldn't know one another and it'd be less fun, but there could be a Babkhan Switching Day, a Crandish Switching Day, etc.

Kaiseress Jadie

Post by Kaiseress Jadie »

So who will be our master of ceremonies? Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

Yay!!!!!!!!!! FUN!!!!!!!!!!

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

And to think... Switching day started as an evil evil joke on scott himself.... SQUIDS!!!.. SQUIDS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

*laughs*

Kaiseress Jadie

SQUIDS?!?!WHERE?!?!*runs and hides* Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Giant Squid

Post by Giant Squid »

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHaHAHhAhA!

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

*falls to the floor laughing*

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

giant squid needs his title changed....unless Mari is a squid? war trophy liberated from Babkha by the Federated NORworthic Liberation Devision (FNORD)

Scott Alexander

Haha! Mari still believes she controls Elwynn, when in fact she is merely a front for a diabolical cabal of marine cephalopods!

Hesam Jahandar

Post by Hesam Jahandar »

Are you going to let foreigners do this like last year?I didn't take part and regretted it, been looking forward to this all year! War Trophy Liberated From Menelmacar god of warProud Owner of a Real Horrorshow High-Speed, Low-Drag Sig!

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

I won't be around to post at all that weekend, but if I can help with it, let me know. Eros Darkstar al Sylvas ij Qel'AthasLast Son of Night"The Great are Only Great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!" -Stirner"There never was a saint with red hair" -Russian Proverb

Scott Alexander

Hesam, why don't you arrange a Babkhan Switching Day for the same date (see my post above) Since everything is but an apparition, having nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection, one may well burst out in laughter. - Longchenpa

Kaiseress Jadie

But Eros it is on a Wednesday!!! surely you can post then!! Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Hesam Jahandar

Post by Hesam Jahandar »

I think its more of something you guys do, and it would be nice if you invited your neighbours, I make a mean Potatoe Salad! War Trophy Liberated From Menelmacar god of warProud Owner of a Real Horrorshow High-Speed, Low-Drag Sig!

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Hmm...is there an e in potato(e)? I can't remember... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Mattlore Devious

Post by Mattlore Devious »

What would Potatoe be without the e...Scott I'll assign people personas if yee want, then you can take part...just PM me or get that msn messenger goin or something

Kaiseress Jadie

Aww..Matt doesn't want to participate?!?!*sniffles* Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Scott Alexander

I'm afraid I don't have Messenger on this computer, and I don't want to get it because of Microsoft's tendency to screw up any programs within a fifty-mile radius. Besides, if you don't play, no one's going to get to make long rambling posts about how great the kiwi is. Since everything is but an apparition, having nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection, one may well burst out in laughter. - Longchenpa

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Well the Babkhan's are coming to play on Switching Day! You can invite us if you like but it will be much more fun for everyone if we gatecrash!

Hesam Jahandar

Post by Hesam Jahandar »

No Potato isnt spelled with an "e" So I'll just make a Kiwie salad (ah punning) War Trophy Liberated From Menelmacar god of warProud Owner of a Real Horrorshow High-Speed, Low-Drag Sig!

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

You don't make friends with salad mate. I hope you won't be planning to win over those highland cannibals with soggy lettice! Edited by: Emir of Raspur at: 10/17/03 1:24 pm

Mattlore Devious

Post by Mattlore Devious »

fine, looks like ima forced to play *sigh* *sit in corner* tru, my bad; potato! potatoes!

Return to “General Discussion”