Dia de la Switching!

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiseress Jadie

Re: Dia de la Switching!

Post by Kaiseress Jadie »

I am up for it! It sounds like fun!! But can we do it on the 30th? I am leaving on the 31st to go out of town Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I would LOOOOOOVVEEE to do that! oh my goodness that would be sooo fun!!!!I need to know how to make another login though

Scott Alexander

Dia de la Switching!

Post by Scott Alexander »

Last year we held Switching Day* on Halloween. That was a pretty fun way to do it, and we haven't had Switching Day in about a year anyway. Who else is up to it? And is anyone else going to lead, or am I going to have to?*For new people: Switching Day is when everyone makes a new login and pretends to be somebody else (decided by the person who is leading - you don't get to choose your own persona). For example, I might post under the login Erik Metzler and claim I was the lizzard king (sic) make spelling errors, rave about mangos, et cetera, whereas Erik would make the login "Scott of Hyperborea" or something and write in silly constructed languages and propose redundant Landsraad acts. Then at the end of the day everyone guesses who was whom and the winner gets some fabulous prize (which I don't think we've ever actually given out).

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

CCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL war trophy liberated from Babkha by the Federated NORworthic Liberation Devision (FNORD)

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

I'm up for it on the 30th....

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

bitchin'!!!*is pelted by mango's* YAY!!! we're doooomed!!!!!!

Solitary Poet 8

Post by Solitary Poet 8 »

30th is my busy day, but I'm up for it so long as nobody minds me not posting much. Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

Krasniy Yastreb

Post by Krasniy Yastreb »

Sounds like a damn good idea to me...*opens cupboard full of disguises*

Kaiseress Jadie

Yeah the 30th is my busy day too...but I will still have more opportunity to post than on Halloween..I am kind of driving 2 hours with some friends.... Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Yeah, count me in.Switching Day is a hallowed festival, not to be changed on the whim of people who actually do things on Halowe'en aside from pelt their neighbours houses with eggs while perched on their own roofs! ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Kaiseress Jadie

*laughs*Well then count me out....I am seriously not going to have access to a computer on Halloween at all....*pouts*But you guys have fun doing it.... Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

How about the 29th, then? Is the 29th good for everyone?And Eoin...we've done it on the thirty-first ONCE.As for how to make a new login...maybe the Kaiseress could disable just for one day the "must be registered to post" thing and then we wouldn't need new logins?

Solitary Poet 8

The 29th is perfect for me. Couldn't be better, in fact. Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

Quote:Then at the end of the day everyone guesses who was whom and the winner gets some fabulous prize dude... with all our five billion admins, it would take nothing for almost anyone to guess almost everyone... Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

Kaiseress Jadie

*laughs*Um...Gryphon...not that many people have admin. It is Greg, Erik, Me, You, Nick and Eros. and we have 20 active citizens...so it isn't that many. And as for the figuring out part....everyone would have to play fairly.... The 29th works for me Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Umm, I wasn't being serious. In my memory, the Day has been held, what, twice? I thought everyone would gather I wasn't being serious when I started talking about firing eggs at my neighbour's houses... ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Kaiseress Jadie

Maybe you were half serious? Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

Ya the half about the eggs..... *laughs*

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

*scrabbles at t-shirt*Do I have "Irresponsibile Maniac" printed on me somewhere where I can't see it?? ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Krasniy Yastreb

Post by Krasniy Yastreb »

There it is...*indicates Zirandorthel's left sleeve*

Kaiseress Jadie

I think everyone loves the 29th.... don't worry Eoin...we weren't taking you tooooo seriously..... Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Día del Cambio!Count me in. Heh...now to begin harassing those I want to be... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Haha, who wants to be me?! just IM me don't all rush at once lol

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

that's not how it works. Popes don't get to choose.Count me in, tho! Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

If we don't get to choose, than it's no fun... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Yes, but then the point is gone from it, isn't it..You have to think up a suitable parody for the person, like Jasonion, or Sick'Hair, or...okay, all the ones I have are for Harvey, any other suggestions?Plus, if we have to IM you to be you, then you know who is you... ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Alexandra Decens

Post by Alexandra Decens »

The 29th works for me

Kaiseress Jadie

*sighs*I'm up for it...and Scott...how would you like this to work? Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Solitary Poet 8

Perhaps if we have one person outside of the activity contact each of us individually with who we will be? As fun as picking our own would be, I must admit the adlib qualities of having someone else pick could be quite entertaining. Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Yep, that's how it works... ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Return to “General Discussion”