R.I.P. Baracao

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiseress Jadie

Re: R.I.P. Baracao

Post by Kaiseress Jadie »

May Baracao rest in peace.....*sniffles*It will be missed Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Scott Alexander

R.I.P. Baracao

Post by Scott Alexander »

Ministry of the Exterior ReportOne of our staunchest allies, the Republic of Baracao, closed its doors yesterday due to general inactivity, dwindling citizenship, and (my theory) an absolutely awful guy trying to write a newspaper in size 18 pink font. Baracao has been around for about a year and a half, and its loss is a great blow to the micronational community which it enriched. It has earned its place alongside countries like Blackrock and Tymaria as one of the few truly great micronations that makes this hobby worthwhile.The now-unemployed Chairman, Antonio Vitores Ramon, is taking questions and reminiscing in their bar, Chez Guevara. If you're interested, go over and say goodbye to the sunny People's Republic before it goes the way of the Soviet Union.

Comrade Ancarnia

Post by Comrade Ancarnia »

The guy who made the 'newspaper' posts attacking people may have been a major reason for the collapse of Baracao, but in any case, things just fell apart.I thank you call here for standing with us both in our times as a nation and in these times before us presently. Your friendship as well as your vitality as a nation was of deep and powerful meaning to all Baracaoans.Dearest Regards, Comrade Ancarnia*Former* Minister of the Exterior, Republic of Baracao Comrade AncarniaCitizen of Baracao"The legend of progress is written in blood."

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

hmmm.. Well.. tis life.. Nations rise.. and nations fall... My condolences on the loss of your nation.. Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

Baracao will be missed. Even for those of us who didn't like them, they certainly earned our respect... which is not something easy to do.They had my respect, and ever will... good luck to all who are now leaving this once-great nation. Eros Darkstar al Sylvas ij Qel'AthasLast Son of Night"The Great are Only Great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!" -Stirner"There never was a saint with red hair" -Russian Proverb

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Congratulations to Baracao for retiring with dignity and not hanging around and having the ignoble, outstayed welcome of some nations who will remain nameless. VIVA LA REVOLUCION!! ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Menelmacar!.. HAHA.. I named it! Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Funky Wombat

Post by Funky Wombat »

And Tymaria! We're on a roll! C'mon everyone, join in! THE MARSUPIAL IS BACK!!!!

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I didn't really know Baracao that well, but so many people are treating it with such respect I can't help but feel alittle sad. My condolences.

Mari Greenwood

Post by Mari Greenwood »

It is sad

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

Does this mean that Freenesia is freed? Locke.
Can humans do what prophets say?

Thomas G C

Post by Thomas G C »

Do you have plans, Locke? Thomas, of Hanover and Athenoi King, Emperor of Calormen, and Head of the Commonwealth; Ardsagart of Dobharcufile and Missionary to Ascalon[/font]

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

Quote:Does this mean that Freenesia is freed?I think Locke's been waiting to say that since before I joined Micronations Eros Darkstar al Sylvas ij Qel'AthasLast Son of Night"The Great are Only Great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!" -Stirner"There never was a saint with red hair" -Russian Proverb

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

I always have plans. It's motivation that I lack. I think I'll go and talk to WV about this. Locke.
Can humans do what prophets say?

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

I'm with Gman on this one.....

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

But we shouldn't be sad! We should be celebratory! A good nation, an exemplar of the communist condition, has bowed out gracefully, after a year and a half of success! Why the condolences? More jubilance, please! Minstrels, strike up a flame on those tinderboxes you carry! ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Comrade Ancarnia

Post by Comrade Ancarnia »

Well...yeah! Everyone else in Baracao is kinda celebrating and taking it all lightly, reminiscing over old times and so on. So I guess not being sad would be a good thing at the moment Comrade AncarniaUnemployed Foriegn Minister"The legend of progress is written in blo

Krasniy Yastreb

Post by Krasniy Yastreb »

After hopping over the border fence in the dead of night, I am now on holiday in Shireroth...I think Baracão just died of old age. The RNK absorption and massive reform proposals that brought me there were just one last attempted defibrulation of the flatliner that was Baracão.Shame I couldn't have been there in it's prime... Krasniy YastrebLast Baracãoan Defence Minister

Kaiseress Jadie

I hope you enjoy your holiday Mr. Yastreb....which duchy were you planning on staying in?I do believe I just had a new bed and breakfast finished in Goldshire..I can't say anything for the other duchies...but then again I am slightly biased. You are more than welcome to stay in Goldshire. Enjoy! Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Krasniy Yastreb

Actually I was intending to tour in Goldshire. Seriously.And don't worry, A roaming border patrol took away my pair of gold-plated industrial staplers (a retirement present from the people of Baracão), so you're safe... Krasniy YastrebLast Baracãoan Defence Minister

Kaiseress Jadie

That is indeed goood to hear Mr. Yastreb..if you need anything please don't hesitate to let me know Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Krasniy Yastreb

Please, call me Krasniy.......[/cheesiness] Krasniy YastrebLast Baracãoan Defence Minister

Kaiseress Jadie

Of course Krasniy...and just call me Jadie...sometimes the formaility of Kaiseress is too much. But please enjoy yourself Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Enjoy your stay here, and JOIN SHIREROTH NOW!!!**this post brought to you by the Shireroth Superliminal Advertising Agency (SSAA)

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Hey Kras, I've got your ticket from the pawn shop. They said your uniform was only worth fifty pesos.. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Krasniy Yastreb

Fifty pesos? Fifty bloody pesos!?!?Bah, shoulda held on to it for a few years, let it appreciate in value.Join Shireroth??? You want me here? I'm so honoured by your hint. Actually it is very tempting to retire here and lend my advice to the soldiers once in a while...I'll think about it. Krasniy YastrebLast Baracãoan Defence Minister

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Join Babkha Krazny! We could use your hypnotic eyes!

Kaiseress Jadie

Let the poor man retire if he so wishes....I mean geez...retirement is a good thing... Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

Quote:*this post brought to you by the Shireroth Superliminal Advertising Agency (SSAA) Yvan Eht Nioj Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

On behalf of the Barony of Lunaris I'd like to extend a hand of welcome. We would love to have you at least for a visit.

Return to “General Discussion”