Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Mattlore Devious

Re: *Does lil dance*

Post by Mattlore Devious »

*sits down in a seat*hmmm....curious

UEC

*Does lil dance*

Post by UEC »

*Does a random lil dance*IN A GARDEN OF EDAN BABY!Don't you know that I'm loving you!For a strange reason.. my mood is... good... Cool..... Everyone disco? *discos**dances off into the distance* E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

I'm not in a particularly good mood... I can't write essays anymore... for some reason. I don't know why. It's as if I had just lost the skill of effortlessly writing four pages of text about some inane thing like how materialistic the western cultures are or how there's no love in Finnish literature or how cool some area of science is... or... whatever. I can't do it anymore. I have to struggle to get anything down... a lot to get anything set down... last spring I thought that I hadn't lost my skills, only motivation, and that was the reason I was doing badly at school... now I'm not so sure.Still... I said I'm getting better... I know I am. I know I got something written and I know that even if it's not perfect, it's acceptable... even though I burned my first attempt at writing this essay (yes, burned), I wrote another one, and it's done. It's not as long as it should be, it's not as good as it should be, it's late and it's caused pain to me... but... it's done. And the next one will be easier to write and turn out better...Saarijärven salomailla asuitilallansa hallaisella Paavo,perkas, hoiti ahkerasti maataan,mutta Jumalalta kasvun toivoi.Vaimoineen ja lapsineen hän siinäniukkaa leipäänsä söi hiess' otsan,ojat kaivoi, kynti, touon kylvi.Tuli kevät, nietos suli mailta,myötänsä vei puolet ohrahista,tuli kesä, raekuuro kulki,kaatoi maahan puolet tähkäpäistä;tuli syksy, kaikki ryösti halla.Tukkaa riistäin Paavon vaimo lausui:"Paavo parka, kovan onnen lapsi,sauvaan tartu, Herra meidät hylkäs;miero raskas, raskahampi nälkä."Vaimon käteen tarttui Paavo, lausui:"Koettelee, mutt' ei hylkää Herra,Pane leipään puolet petäjäistä,kaksin verroin minää ojaa kaivan,mutta Jumalalta kasvun toivon."Pantiin leipään puolet petäjäistä,kaksin verroin ojaa kaivoi Paavo,lampaat myi ja siement' osti, kylvi.Tuli kevät, nietos suli mailta,mutt' ei orahia vesi vienyt.Tuli kesä, raekuuro kulki,kaatoi maahan puolet tähkäpäistä.Tuli syksy, kaikki ryösti halla.Rintoihinsa lyöden vaimo lausui:"Paavo parka, kovan onnen lapsi,kuollaan pois, jo Herra meidät hylkäs;tuska kuolla, tuskempi tok' elää."Vaimon käteen tarttui Paavo, lausui:"Koettelee, mutt' ei hylkää Herra.Pane toinen verta petäjäistä,ojat kahta suuremmat ma kaivan,mutta Jumalalta kasvun toivon."Pantiin toinen verta petäjäistä,kahta suuremmat loi ojat Paavo,karjan myi ja siement' osti, kylvi.Tuli kevät, nietos suli mailta,mutt' ei orahia vesi vienyt.Tuli kesä, raekuuro kulki,mutt' ei kaatunutkaan kaunis olki.Tuli syksy, halla kultaviljankoskematta korjaajalle säästi.Silloin Paavo polvistuen lausui:"Koettelee, mutt' ei hylkää Herra."Paavon vaimo polvistuen lausui:"Koettelee, mutt' ei hylkää Herra."Mutta miehellensä virkkoi vaimo:"Paavo, Paavo, riemull' ota sirppi,nytpä meillä alkaa ilon päivät,syrjähän nyt petäjäinen silkko,rukihisen nyt mä leivän leivon!"Vaimon käteen tarttui Paavo, lausui:"Vaimo, vaimo, sit' ei kuri kaada,joka toista hädässä ei hylkää.Pane leipään puolet petäjäistä,veihän naapurimme touon halla". Mitä minä todella sanoin

UEC

Post by UEC »

It's ok Ari... It'll come back! E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Thanks... um... I didn't break the good mood here, did I? Mitä minä todella sanoin

Mari Greenwood

Post by Mari Greenwood »

Ha ha!Great to see Erik in a good mood! "May The Hasha Be With You!"

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

That was an essay? Looks more like poetry...Just for comparison...my recent essay...Quote:Heraclitus’ theory that all things are composed of fire is not far from contemporary theories on the make-up of matter, and according to those modern theories, he is nearly correct.Heraclitus said, “There is an exchange of all things for fire and of fire for all things” (Palmer 24). He clearly believed that all forms of matter were ultimately composed of fire, but evidently he did not realize the importance of what he had written. Fire is visible heat energy produced by the rapid oxidation of fuel; in other words, it is energy that is detectable by the human eye. Heraclitus believed that fire in its process of continuous change explained the ever-changing world. What is interesting about this theory is that it agrees in many ways with the ideas of modern theoretical physicists, including Einstein.Einstein wrote his Theory of Special Relativity around the turn of the last century, nearly twenty-three hundred years after his predecessor Heraclitus. The Special Theory of Relativity is famous for the simple equation that it includes: E=mc2. Most people don’t know what this means, they just know it was revolutionary. In laymen’s terms it says that a certain amount of mass, or matter, is the equivalent to a certain amount of energy. It says that energy is matter. Heraclitus said matter was fire. Fire is energy.Of course, Heraclitus didn’t know this. He was out to find the truth; the big apeiron that Anaximander said couldn’t be water. Heraclitus saw in fire ever-present change. He theorized that the only thing that never changed was change itself. This is true as well. Subatomic particles are always moving without stopping. Likewise, if planets and moons were to stop orbiting and galaxies were to stop spinning, they would all collapse in on each other. The constant force of change through movement holds the universe together. The amazing thing is that Heraclitus stumbled on this long before anybody knew that much about the universe. The amazing thing is that he was correct. -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Um... it *was* a poem... I don't even have the essay anymore... Mitä minä todella sanoin

Mattlore Devious

Ari, I kno translated poetry sucks, but can we have one anyway...And Gryphon, what level is that essay for? final year of high skool etc?

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

High ´mid Saarijärvi´moors residedPeasant Paavo on a frost-bound homestead,And the soil with earnest arm was tilling;But awaited from the Lord the in crease.And he dwelt there with his wife and children,By his sweat his scant bread with them eating,Digging ditches, ploughing up, and sowing.Spring came on, the drift from cornfields melted,And with it away flowed half the young blades;Summer came, burst forth with hail the shower,And with the ears were half down beaten;Autumn came, and frost took the remainder.Paavo´s wife then tore her hair, and spake thus:"Paavo, old man, born to evil fortune,Let us beg, for God hath us forsaken;Hard is begging, but far worse is starving."Paavo took the good-wife´s hand and spake thus:"Nay, the Lord but trieth, not forsaketh,Mix thou in the bread a half of bark now,I shall dig out twice as many ditches,And await then from the Lord the increase.Half bark in the bread the good-wife mixed then,Twice as many ditches dug the old man,Sold the sheep, and bought some rye, and sowed it.Spring came on, the drift from cornfields melted,And with it away flowed half the young blades;Summer came, burst forth with hail the shower,And with the ears were half down beaten;Autumn came, and frost took the remainder.Paavo´s wife then smote her breast, and spake thus:"Paavo, old man, born to evil fortune,Let us perish, God has us forsaken,Hard is dying, but much worse is living."Paavo took the good-wife´s hand and spake thus:"Nay, the Lord but trieth, not forsaketh,Mix thou in the bread of bark the double,I will dig of double size the ditches,But await then from the Lord the increase."She mixed in the bread of bark the double,He dug then of double size the ditches,Sold the cows, and bought some rye and sowed it.Spring came on, the drift from cornfields melted,But with it away there flowed no young blades.Summer came, burst forth with hail the shower,But with te ears were not down beaten,Autumn came, and frost, the cornfields shunning,Let them stand in gold to bide the reaper.Then fell Paavo on his knees and spake thus:"Aye, the Lord but trieth, not forsaketh."And his mate fell on her knees, and spake thus:"Aye, the Lord but trieth, not forsaketh."But with gladness spoke she to the old man:"Paavo, joyful to the scythe betake thee!Now ´tis time for happy days and merry.Now ´tis time to cast the bark away, andBake our bread henceforth of the rye entirely."Paavo took the good-wife´s hand and spake thus:"Woman, he endureth trials only,Who a needy neighbour ne´er forsaketh;Mix thou in the bread a half of bark still,For all frost-nipped stands our neighbour´s cornfield."It's not quite relevant to my situation, really... but it was what I had in mind... (and BTW, this translation does not suck... it's not mine) Mitä minä todella sanoinEdited by: Ari Rahikkala at: 9/3/03 2:28 am

UEC

Post by UEC »

Yeah.. IT's rare that I'm in a good mood..but it is continueing.. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gryphon Avocatio

Mattlore: I wrote that for my english iv ap class..which is like philosophy ap...and yes...senior year of high school...Ari: Cool poem dude...thats nice... -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

UEC

Post by UEC »

Poetry is fun... *listens to Moonlight Sonata*.. I've decided I like this song... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gryphon Avocatio

You didn't before? -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Mattlore Devious

awww...we don't have a Philosophy class in our school...the closest we have is classics...we do Socrates for a quarter of the year and the rest is, Art History, Literature and History History.

Gryphon Avocatio

Yeah...seniors are required to take philosophy at my school...I just happen to be in English IV AP, which is just like another philosophy class...but it is a year instead of a semester and we do more writing and we don't read books that are directly about philosophy... -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

UEC

Post by UEC »

I LOVE MY LOGIC CLASS!!!!!!! E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gryphon Avocatio

Boo...Logic sucks...Yardistan Rocks!!*gets hit by a speeding turtle and drowns in the ash coloured mafia-wagon-coupe* -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

whee!! I can play the first movement of Sonata Quasi una Fantasia from memory!! w00t... so I can hear it whenever I want!!! *random delayed reaction* Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

Gryphon Avocatio

I figured out how to play Aqualung! Yay! -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

UEC

Post by UEC »

For no real reason we figured out taquilla in music class the other day. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gryphon Avocatio

heh...that's kinda random -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

UEC

Post by UEC »

Yes.. it was.. the Teacher is.. weird!!!!! But really nice... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gryphon Avocatio

I can play Aqualung and Crazy Train on the Mandolin...I feel accomplished... -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

UEC

Post by UEC »

My Keyboard is being invaded by ants...In my keyboards life time, I have spilt food, and drink all over it.. but ants never found it at my house... but they have now.. I've been killing ants for about 30 minutes and they keep coming back... but in smaller numbers.. I need to buy some ant killer E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Kaiseress Jadie

Post by Kaiseress Jadie »

It is called college Erik...the ants know they will get more food because we all live so close together...*laughs*so there isn't much we can do about it. Harvey's Elf-cat Kaiseress

Gryphon Avocatio

heh heh heh... -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

UEC

Post by UEC »

DEATH TO ANTS!!! *goes on rampage* E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gryphon Avocatio

ants just don't strike me as the Keyboard-crusading type... -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

UEC

Post by UEC »

They are.. they used the cord as a highway to the keyboard.... but they have vanished... I guess I killed enough of them to make it not worth their while... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Return to “General Discussion”