Regardless of seperation of church and state...

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Mezzastromix

Regardless of seperation of church and state...

Post by Mezzastromix »

I'd like to request that a Church of Balance or a Church of the Mystic temple be placed here, so that I may worship in my own style and perhaps bring a few others to the light.And yes, both are completely compatible with B0O0/\/\ism. Trust me on that one. Shapeshifter Extraordinaire, and Emissary of Fax Celestis

Scott Alexander

Stuff

Post by Scott Alexander »

Whatabout just an Interdenominational Temple so we don't end up like Treesia with its barely-used Treesian Cathedral, unused Soloralist church, unused Yellowist mission, unused Yuriist citadel, et cetera.

Mezzastromix

Re: Stuff

Post by Mezzastromix »

I'd agree to that. Shapeshifter Extraordinaire, and Emissary of Fax Celestis

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Parthenon in Rome? Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Kaiseress Aure I

Post by Kaiseress Aure I »

Parthernon is in Athens!Regardless that fact, a universal temple sounds like a good idea. May the hasha be with you
Never let sense conquer nonsense - Quixy, the God of Madness
I'm just a person trapped inside a woman's body. Elaine Boosler

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

I know Parthenon is in Athens, but there is one in Rome too. Before it became a church it was a multireligious temple. Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Thomas G C

Post by Thomas G C »

The one in Rome is the "Pantheon". Pan - all. Theon - gods. In my humble opinion, it's the best ancient Roman building in Rome: incredibly impressive, and still usable. Read CITIZENIn Hanover,His Grace Thomas, Duke of Brunswick, Lord Chancellor, Minister of State, KCOA, OH

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I'm alitte curious... do you take these "micronational" religions outside into the "real world"? Or what?

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I worship to gods of Wicca wherever I go. :evil

Harvey the Blue

Post by Harvey the Blue »

Quote:I'm alitte curious... do you take these "micronational" religions outside into the "real world"? Or what?I got my best friend at college (an absolute diehard Christian) to at least agree to the principles of Soloralism, but I do not spend a lot of time trying to spread it around. Harvey SteffkeJadie's Lesser HalfSaves the worldProud bearer of the Shirerothian Silver Sword Award and Imperial Star

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

Well..I beilieve that the gods of NorKrantism (as in, Woden/Oten, Frigga, Lok ecti) were just powerfull chieften in real life, rather then gods.in the Anglo saxon Chronicle you can see the list of desendents of my ancestor Baltur, who, in the nordo-germanic faith was the beutifull son of Wodin, who was killed when Loki trick Holdur. - - - I will Be Kiaser of Shireroth by july 19th 2004And YOU will help me. "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."David I Northworthy Beckford KGCS KL KGC OHKing of the Royal Court of Middarthian-Derby, King of Northworthy, Earl of Peartree-Negril, König von Lotharingien

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Solarism? uh... didn't you make that up?

Harvey the Blue

The next person that calls Soloralism "Solarism" is getting slapped! This is not sun worship! Harvey SteffkeJadie's Lesser HalfSaves the worldProud bearer of the Shirerothian Silver Sword Award and Imperial Star

Jadie Steffke

Post by Jadie Steffke »

Um..Bill Dusch created Soloralism....and the rest of us kind of caught on and liked it. Like me..it does remind me of some of the principles of Chirstianity...kind of...Edit:...slight spelling error...ooopsies..sorry lovey Harvey's Elf-Cat Girl"May the hasha be with you"Edited by: Jadie Steffke at: 7/17/03 8:10 pm

Kaiseress Aure I

Theeeen what is it? May the hasha be with you

Brrapa Lu Eraro

Post by Brrapa Lu Eraro »

Blasphamy against the Gods... Brrapa Lu'Eraro"Not all who wander are lost.."

Harvey the Blue

If this little "free for all" religious forum ever gets put up, then perhaps I can explain. Harvey SteffkeJadie's Lesser HalfSaves the worldProud bearer of the Shirerothian Silver Sword Award and Imperial Star

UEC

Post by UEC »

Don't look at me.. Not my job. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Bah. Soloralism. It's as bad a name as Demesos.I've considered many times pursuing different religions. In mn's i've been everything from Boomist to Treesian Unorthodox. Offline i've been a Protestant, Muslim and atheist.In both cases, religion is a crock.Wicca, introduced to me by stodlum, has been the only religion to actually prove itself worthy unto me. If i'm going to portray something in mn's, i'm going to portray something I believe in and can support with my mind and heart, not just a mask of words.

UEC

Post by UEC »

Athiesm isn't a religion... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Scott Alexander

I've been thinking of starting some sort of micronational Buddhist group thing. Not an actual church or anything with members, but just a group to discuss it and learn about it and possibly promote it or something. Would anyone be interested in any way?

Johanns V

Post by Johanns V »

Sadly, my interest in politics prevents me from starting a cult :) King Johanns V fonn KlossoKing of the five Kingdoms of CrandaGrand Khan of Lontinien

ARIadnEL000

Post by ARIadnEL000 »

Sure. I'd be up to take a part interesting in group discussion.*reads what was written. oopsies, dyslexia.*Ahhh well. Not taht noticeable in anyway. *shakes head*

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

*looks weirdly at Scott*When did the Odin-hugging Hyperborean become a Buddhist?!?! It's Thule man, not Potala Palace!

Scott Alexander

Odin? Bah. Never had anything to do with that other than those silly titles I gave out, which was more of a way to insult Sager than anything else. Talk to the Crandans about that. It's bad enough that the crazy Nazis somehow incorporated Thule into their nastiness without me going ahead and asking for it by doing anything Norse. Besides, haven't you ever heard of Shambhala? By Standard Hermetic Logic (SHL), it sounds vaguely like Hyperborea, they're both mythological, and so they've got to be the same place. Q.E.D.

Kaiseress Aure I

... Standard Hermetic Logic?...*blinks*Anyhow, I'd be interested in learning about Buddhism... In fact, I'm always interested in learning about any religion, being an atheist irl.I'll convert the B0O0/\/\ist forum to a general religious forum... Whenever... I feel like it. May the hasha be with you

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Hm... i'm curious; Is being an Athiest (believing in no gods) the same as being an evolutionist?

Scott Alexander

I wouldn't recommend converting the Boomism forum...you'd probably anger Erik and it's more of a Boomism discussion forum than a temple per se. Why not a new forum? (other than the fact that there are way too many already, but some of those should be deletable)And I don't think there's such a thing as "evolutionism", per se. Evolution is a theory, rather than any sort of religion or belief set based around that theory. I suppose if you wanted to coin a new word to describe belief in evolution, that would do as well as anything else, but it still wouldn't be the same as atheism. Atheism is just the lack of belief in a God, which, while many atheists do support evolution, doesn't *necessarily* mean evolution has to be true (for example, those crazies from France who belief life was created by aliens would be atheist but not "evolutionist"). And a lot of people believe in both God and evolution (like people who think Genesis is a metaphor, or people who believe in divinely guided evolution.) So while a lot of atheists are evolutionists and a lot of evolutionists are atheists, they're not really the same thing.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Thanks for clearing that up bud:)

Brrapa Lu Eraro

Post by Brrapa Lu Eraro »

I'm becoming conserned,And when I become conserned,The Gods start becoming angered.And when the Gods are angered,People die! Brrapa Lu'Eraro"Not all who wander are lost.."

Return to “General Discussion”