Operation GBTSUFO

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Zhaki the Dolphin

Re: Operation GBTSUFO

Post by Zhaki the Dolphin »

* arrives in Shireroth in the body of Dave Bowman *My god... it's full of duchies! Edited by: Zhaki the Dolphin at: 5/30/02 12:42:22 am

Kaiser Los I

Operation GBTSUFO

Post by Kaiser Los I »

(Which stands for Operation Get Bill To Shut Up For Once)I've been talking to Bill and asking why he opposes our annexations so strenuously but supports those of Treesia. He responded that Treesia creates little cultural blurbs for its territory, thus keeping their individual variety alive. Well, he has a point, and it would be nice if he stopped bothering us, and I have some extra time, so I wrote little blurbs for about half the Duchies (I'll do the other half later). If you want, check the Duchy fora and read them. Los answered furious: "Art thou one of those who when most complacentMean mischief most? Lo! I am also such.One must be master. Try thy Arts. I also will try mine. - from The Four Zoas, William Blake

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

I guess Bill forgets that Yardistan is in Shireroth...he should also pay attention to the fact that a good lot of the duchies have been part of Shireroth (or at least involved with Shireroth) for good amounts of time...

Kaiser Los I

Post by Kaiser Los I »

I don't know...every time people are on the verge of forgetting you guys, Yardistan's pretty good at doing a little something to "remind" them...which reminds me...you haven't annexed anything in quite a while...although I suppose that's excusable since you already said you annexed the entire Universe at least twice. "The number one thing that is different in micronationalism and real life is that while in real life most people want to be a part of the solution, in micronationalism most people want to be a part of the problem" - Ari Rahikkala

Gryphon Avocatio

What I meant was that there are distinct cultures within shireroth. Bill is too cultururally minded to begin with, anyway. And at least our cultures aren't artificially fabricated from nothingness. Doesn't bill just make his up? At least ours has developed. Hyperborea is different from Yardistan. Yardistan is entirely different from Jaris. Goldshire and Brookshire and Elwynn (sp?) are different from Jaris. More importantly, this all naturally occured.As for annexing the entire universe, we actually haven't done that even once. We don't have the man power to do it. And besides, if I did that, the YAC would have no more purpose. Of course, I could start the Yardistani Unannexation Corps...Yuck...I don't like the sound of that...

Sander042802

Post by Sander042802 »

some comments on the forum: - What do you mean by: "Notice to all Citizens:Our Storm Has Come Again!!!"- The background guy needs a facelift :lol- Turn smileys onnnnnnnnnnn ;)EDIT: OOPS! :$ wrong topic, this should've been at the "proclamation l2" one... sorry Sander DielemanChancellor of the Micronation of Pacaryhttp://www.pacary.tk/ - http://www.pacaryforums.tk/VP of Operations of Bobbesian AirwaysICQ#104572163 - MSN sanderdieleman@hotmail.com - AIM SanderDielemanEvil is the absence of empathy - umm.... I forgot, but hey, I'm not quotin myself anymore am I?yup yup - Commander ClarkEdited by: Sander042802  at: 5/31/02 10:04:01 am

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Please read what I had written to you on ICQ Scott.I will not have Shireroth, who claims to be Non-Apollonian, control the original Apollo Sector or have its history be known as such.If anything, you got me even more angry. Bill DuschBil'Per Car'SetPresident of BGIFirst Paladin of the ElpifernosElder of Elpidos"Never doubt that a small group of thoughful, committed people can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead"Where there is injustice - I believe in fighting. But do you fight to change things or fight to get power?" - Mohadas Ghandi"Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question, except possibly from Peter Little." - Marach SiskindEdited by: Bill3000  at: 5/31/02 11:06:43 am

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Quote: What I meant was that there are distinct cultures within shireroth. Bill is too cultururally minded to begin with, anyway. And at least our cultures aren't artificially fabricated from nothingness. Doesn't bill just make his up? At least ours has developed. Hyperborea is different from Yardistan. Yardistan is entirely different from Jaris. Goldshire and Brookshire and Elwynn (sp?) are different from Jaris. More importantly, this all naturally occured.Naturally occured? Made up?Listen you, Apolloism was created over time, @#%$ it. It evolved over time, and it least it is original and not based on something macronationaly. Yes, some of the the names were stolen from Everquest and Treesia, but that is because I'm horrible at names and I like them. t Treesia's culture was made up, and it was developed over time as new ideas came about. So was Apolloism. Culture in micronationalism is a lot different from macronationalism, as it is only in the works of the leader of the nation. And I would like you to stop insulting my culture which I have been working on since I was very young, before even micronationalism. Bill DuschBil'Per Car'SetPresident of BGIFirst Paladin of the ElpifernosElder of Elpidos"Never doubt that a small group of thoughful, committed people can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead"Where there is injustice - I believe in fighting. But do you fight to change things or fight to get power?" - Mohadas Ghandi"Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question, except possibly from Peter Little." - Marach SiskindEdited by: Bill3000  at: 5/31/02 2:44:13 pm

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Bill and I more or less agreed on a solution to his first problem, and Gryphon, I suggest you ignore the above post, as he's not going to change his mind or probably even listen to you. "We must go forward, not backwards, upwards, not forwards, and ever twirling, twirling, twirrrrlliiiinnggg towards freedom!" - Kodos

Gryphon Avocatio

*watches bill fail at making apollo what he wants it to be* NickThe Wandering Yardistani BardHigh Priest of B0O0/\/\ism Come gather 'round peopleWherever you roamAnd admit that the watersAround you have grownAnd accept it that soonYou'll be drenched to the bone.If your time to youIs worth savin'Then you better start swimmin'Or you'll sink like a stoneFor the times they are a-changin'.Come writers and criticsWho prophesize with your penAnd keep your eyes wideThe chance won't come againAnd don't speak too soonFor the wheel's still in spinAnd there's no tellin' whoThat it's namin'.For the loser nowWill be later to winFor the times they are a-changin'.Come senators, congressmenPlease heed the callDon't stand in the doorwayDon't block up the hallFor he that gets hurtWill be he who has stalledThere's a battle outsideAnd it is ragin'.It'll soon shake your windowsAnd rattle your wallsFor the times they are a-changin'.Come mothers and fathersThroughout the landAnd don't criticizeWhat you can't understandYour sons and your daughtersAre beyond your commandYour old road isRapidly agin'.Please get out of the new oneIf you can't lend your handFor the times they are a-changin'.The line it is drawnThe curse it is castThe slow one nowWill later be fastAs the present nowWill later be pastThe order isRapidly fadin'.And the first one nowWill later be lastFor the times they are a-changin'.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Despite what you say, Shireroth does not do anything to promote culture or anything else. All you care about is land, not individual cultures or individuality. There is no culture of Jaris, Kildare, or Elwynn, and all shireroth cares about is the amount of territories it has. Bill DuschBil'Per Car'SetPresident of BGIFirst Paladin of the ElpifernosElder of Elpidos"Never doubt that a small group of thoughful, committed people can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead"Where there is injustice - I believe in fighting. But do you fight to change things or fight to get power?" - Mohadas Ghandi"Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question, except possibly from Peter Little." - Marach Siskind

Scott Alexander

Actually, check the Kildare and Elwynn fora, though I haven't gotten to Jaris yet. "We must go forward, not backwards, upwards, not forwards, and ever twirling, twirling, twirrrrlliiiinnggg towards freedom!" - Kodos

Gryphon Avocatio

Ahh, Bill...Do you forget that Yardistan resides here? We seem to have a pretty distinct culture...Now Bill...I'm gonna calm down for a second (and proly goin g to get really hot towards the end of this post)...why do there need to be cultures for places that don't really exist?...remember that Goldshire, Brookshire, and Elwynn are all figments of Erik's imagination...They all come from the same twisted mind...Shireroth isn't culturally minded (unlike you), so I can see why you don't get along well, but it's not your job to shove your ideas down other peoples throats. PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THAT! PEOPLE DON'T LIKE PEOPLE THAT DO THAT! Don't complain that Shireroth isn't culturally minded, especially because you aren't part of Shireroth...it just makes Erik ban you from time to time...Also, realise that you are the only person who cares, Bill...nobody in shireroth gives a care about cultures...I have a feeling that the only reason Scott even made the culture blurbs was because you wouldn't shut up...Also, pay attention to this fact: SHIREROTH IS AN EMPIRE!! Of course we're obsessed with how much "terretory" we have! Empires tend to take stuff over. We just don't call ourselves an "empire" for the Hell of it...we really are one...so now that's all I have to say for now... NickThe Wandering Yardistani BardHigh Priest of B0O0/\/\ism Come gather 'round peopleWherever you roamAnd admit that the watersAround you have grownAnd accept it that soonYou'll be drenched to the bone.If your time to youIs worth savin'Then you better start swimmin'Or you'll sink like a stoneFor the times they are a-changin'.Come writers and criticsWho prophesize with your penAnd keep your eyes wideThe chance won't come againAnd don't speak too soonFor the wheel's still in spinAnd there's no tellin' whoThat it's namin'.For the loser nowWill be later to winFor the times they are a-changin'.Come senators, congressmenPlease heed the callDon't stand in the doorwayDon't block up the hallFor he that gets hurtWill be he who has stalledThere's a battle outsideAnd it is ragin'.It'll soon shake your windowsAnd rattle your wallsFor the times they are a-changin'.Come mothers and fathersThroughout the landAnd don't criticizeWhat you can't understandYour sons and your daughtersAre beyond your commandYour old road isRapidly agin'.Please get out of the new oneIf you can't lend your handFor the times they are a-changin'.The line it is drawnThe curse it is castThe slow one nowWill later be fastAs the present nowWill later be pastThe order isRapidly fadin'.And the first one nowWill later be lastFor the times they are a-changin'.

Mercurivs

Post by Mercurivs »

If you're calling Shireroth an Empire, does that mean you're only pretending that Shireroth is a federal state of the United Republic of Tymaria?

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Maybe you should realize that you do not DESERVE the land because you are not culturally minded. You take the land of Apollo and destroy it with your nonsense annexations and whatnot. You do not care about any of the lands that you take care of, and simply, you do not deserve a piece of anything that is not Shireroth proper. You just care about how much land you have, not the actual lands. Bill DuschBil'Per Car'SetPresident of BGIFirst Paladin of the ElpifernosElder of Elpidos"Never doubt that a small group of thoughful, committed people can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead"Where there is injustice - I believe in fighting. But do you fight to change things or fight to get power?" - Mohadas Ghandi"Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question, except possibly from Peter Little." - Marach Siskind

dStryker

Post by dStryker »

Fortunately, not everyone has the same standards as you. University politics are vicious precisely because the stakes are so small. - Henry KissingerNever interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. - Napoleon BonaparteMost people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

Two words:Manifest Destiny. Eros DarkstarGovernor of Aerovenus(Republic of Delvenus)Thane of Kitanus Fields(Imperial Republic of Shireroth)

Gryphon Avocatio

Bill! I admitted it already!! WE DON'T CARE! GET THE FLYING @#%$ OVER IT! SHIREROTH IS NOT CULTURALLY MINDED! GET OVER IT!! LEAVE US ALONE! NickThe Wandering Yardistani BardHigh Priest of B0O0/\/\ism Come gather 'round peopleWherever you roamAnd admit that the watersAround you have grownAnd accept it that soonYou'll be drenched to the bone.If your time to youIs worth savin'Then you better start swimmin'Or you'll sink like a stoneFor the times they are a-changin'.Come writers and criticsWho prophesize with your penAnd keep your eyes wideThe chance won't come againAnd don't speak too soonFor the wheel's still in spinAnd there's no tellin' whoThat it's namin'.For the loser nowWill be later to winFor the times they are a-changin'.Come senators, congressmenPlease heed the callDon't stand in the doorwayDon't block up the hallFor he that gets hurtWill be he who has stalledThere's a battle outsideAnd it is ragin'.It'll soon shake your windowsAnd rattle your wallsFor the times they are a-changin'.Come mothers and fathersThroughout the landAnd don't criticizeWhat you can't understandYour sons and your daughtersAre beyond your commandYour old road isRapidly agin'.Please get out of the new oneIf you can't lend your handFor the times they are a-changin'.The line it is drawnThe curse it is castThe slow one nowWill later be fastAs the present nowWill later be pastThe order isRapidly fadin'.And the first one nowWill later be lastFor the times they are a-changin'.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Quote: Bill! I admitted it already!! WE DON'T CARE! GET THE FLYING @#%$ OVER IT! SHIREROTH IS NOT CULTURALLY MINDED! GET OVER IT!! LEAVE US ALONE! I don't care if you don't care. And I'm not going to leave you alone. You got me pissed again over Shireroth ever since you wanted to annex Mar Sara.You control land which your leader claims to be the birthplace of the Apollo Sector. Yet, you consider yourself Non-Apollonian. Simple as this: If you do NOT want me to bug you about the land, either...1. Unannex the territories of the old UAS and Automatica (What you claim to be Apollonian)OR (And this one is better for you)2. Put the territories somewhere else, and you can do whatever you want with your land.Like I said earlier, I already have a boycott for Shireroth from BGI things. I know you don't care. But I'll bug you whenever the hell I want to until I get my demands. I stopped bugging Tymaria, but I did not say anything about Shireroth. I had already taken my insults out of my posts for decency, but now you are just pushing the limits. I said that I grew to like Shireroth earlier in Tymaria. That has gone to hatred again. All you have done is pissed me off again and again with your barbarious annexations. And YOUR religon is the fake one, not Apolloism. Apolloism is much greater than your @#%$ of anything.And know you know how I felt when Erik harrassed me like this in the AIN, UAS, and FIoJ. Bill DuschBil'Per Car'SetPresident of BGIFirst Paladin of the ElpifernosElder of Elpidos"Never doubt that a small group of thoughful, committed people can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead"Where there is injustice - I believe in fighting. But do you fight to change things or fight to get power?" - Mohadas Ghandi"Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question, except possibly from Peter Little." - Marach Siskind

dStryker

Post by dStryker »

1. A boycott is done by citizens against a business or government. A business boycotting citizens or a government is a stupid, pointless, and illogical thing to do.2. Shireroth IS Tymaria. Therefore, perhaps you should leave. University politics are vicious precisely because the stakes are so small. - Henry KissingerNever interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. - Napoleon BonaparteMost people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell

Gryphon Avocatio

Bill...leave. Go away. You won't get what you want. (and there is a boomist place of worship in the town of saratoga in a little park near to Lukedu's home. Boomists have a real place to go. In fact, we made a sacrifice there today, but some residents of the home nearby kicked us away because we were being very loud...) NickThe Wandering Yardistani BardHigh Priest of B0O0/\/\ism Come gather 'round peopleWherever you roamAnd admit that the watersAround you have grownAnd accept it that soonYou'll be drenched to the bone.If your time to youIs worth savin'Then you better start swimmin'Or you'll sink like a stoneFor the times they are a-changin'.Come writers and criticsWho prophesize with your penAnd keep your eyes wideThe chance won't come againAnd don't speak too soonFor the wheel's still in spinAnd there's no tellin' whoThat it's namin'.For the loser nowWill be later to winFor the times they are a-changin'.Come senators, congressmenPlease heed the callDon't stand in the doorwayDon't block up the hallFor he that gets hurtWill be he who has stalledThere's a battle outsideAnd it is ragin'.It'll soon shake your windowsAnd rattle your wallsFor the times they are a-changin'.Come mothers and fathersThroughout the landAnd don't criticizeWhat you can't understandYour sons and your daughtersAre beyond your commandYour old road isRapidly agin'.Please get out of the new oneIf you can't lend your handFor the times they are a-changin'.The line it is drawnThe curse it is castThe slow one nowWill later be fastAs the present nowWill later be pastThe order isRapidly fadin'.And the first one nowWill later be lastFor the times they are a-changin'.

Scott Alexander

As a statement of principle, the Apollo Skyline is now boycotting Bill. I am also going to do some interesting legal things in a sec... “I will have a foreign-handed foreign policy.”-G. W. BushEdited by: Scott Siskind  at: 6/6/02 10:44:52 pm

Zhaki the Dolphin

Post by Zhaki the Dolphin »

What I've feltwhat I've knownnever shined through in what I've shownnever benever seewon't see what might have beenWhat I've feltwhat I've knownnever shined through in what I've shownnever freenever meso I dub thee unforgiven...(no, this was not a piece of wisdom about the current situation, and is not related to the discussion)

Free Khaz Modan

Post by Free Khaz Modan »

No culture....NO CULTURE! You're saying that the Khaz Modan has no culture!?!You little welp! If we had no culture would we be demanding out freedom? Huh? We should end our revolt and go after you instead. When we get our freedom. We shall! FREEDOM IS OURS!

Jason Steffke

Post by Jason Steffke »

Couplea things:1) The BGI boycott on Shireroth has been broken by both my and Bill's consent. Scott has likewise recalled any response actions.2) Someone around here should make up their mind. I heard that you don't have a culture and that is fine, but I also see Scott making up cultural stuff off the top of his head left and right. Can someone make a stand on this?3) I'm personally going out of my way to prevent/halt another cold war. The last one ended over a year ago with both the total collapse of Shireroth and the FIoJ. It wasn't pretty. I don't know why everyone seems to ready to start another one, but think about it first.

Free Khaz Modan

Post by Free Khaz Modan »

Shireroth survived that "Cold War". With the help of the Khaz Modanian people. FREEDOM IS OURS!

Jason Steffke

Post by Jason Steffke »

No it didn't. It collapsed into ruin before the FIoJ did, and remaned that way for quite some time.Were you even around during that period? Or are you just talking? Jason SteffkeJas'Set Sel'EthRolen ne sarem lumsom Tymaria!

Brrapa Lu Eraro

Post by Brrapa Lu Eraro »

I don't recall a collapse... though I recall us going a bit quiet. Brrapa Lu'Eraro"Not all who wander are lost.."

Gryphon Avocatio

In response to Jas - 1) Ok. No boycott. Good.2) Shireroth pretty much has one homologous culture. We have one...but bill want's us to have more....so Scott was trying to make it seem as if we had differnent cultures so bill would be quiet.3) Bill's getting people pissed off...but...coldwar=bad.I'd also like to point out to jas that the Khaz Modan are not really anything...they didn't exist as anything until Erik wrote up his fantasy history and tried to proclaim himself a God...

Scott Alexander

"Tried"? That sounds suspciously like blasphemy to me. Don't make me start a Boomist Inquisition! “I will have a foreign-handed foreign policy.”-G. W. Bush

Return to “General Discussion”