Forum arrangement on PHP

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Scott of Hyperborea

Forum arrangement on PHP

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

So, we're getting a really nice PHP board, and MiniInt would love to use this to clean up some of our forums so that we have a nice, simple, presentable main board. We get sub-forums now, so not everywhere has to be immediately visible from the main page. Here's what I suggest:Quote:CATEGORY: GENERALGeneral DiscussionShrine of ControversyCATEGORY: GOVERNMENTKaiser's Court (sub: Imperial Judex, Advisory Council)Landsraad (sub: Passed Bills, Failed Bills)The Front GateCATEGORY: MINISTRY ROWMini Im NatMini InfoMini IntMini ExMOMAMORE (sub: Au Library)Mini TradeCATEGORY: SHIREKEEP CULTURAL CENTERBoomist templeMulti-templeSSHITJMIII ULukedu CenterCATEGORY: MILITARYS.N.A.R.L.Any Snarl wars going onSecret Evil PlansCATEGORY: FIEFDOMSDuchy of AnticaDuchy of ElwynnDuchy of KildareDuchy of Naudia'DivaDuchy of Northhold[each fiefdom can have whatever subforums it wants, including but not limited to its baronies and counties]CATEGORY: ARCHIVESGeneral Archives (sub: various general archives)Fiefdom Archives (sub: various fiefdom archives)Classified Archives (sub: various classified archives)It's too bad we don't have Gryphon, forum re-arranger extraordinaire, here, but does anyone want to propose something different?

Delphi

Re: Forum arrangement on PHP

Post by Delphi »

This looks simple and efficient enough to me.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

So a fiefdom could have a subforum for its legislative assembly, for example? Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

I would sort of like to see the Landsraad and the Front Gate more related somehow, but I can't decide whether one should be a subforum of the other, or if they should both be subfora of another forum. Perhaps the forum "Imperial Landsraad" could include the Front Gate, Passed Bills, Failed Bills, and something like "Assembly Room" "Noble Assembly", etc., for the actual debating. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

Lets not make this more complicated than it has to be, but i'd like to see the Landsraad accesable as a subfora by the Front Gate, so we HAVE to see that first. That would be acceptable. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Scott of Hyperborea

Hm. I was thinking the Front Gate was too important to be relegated to a Landsraad subforum, but Greg's idea is interesting and fitting with the whole concept of a Front Gate.What about a Landsraad forum where anyone can post, and then a Voting Chamber forum where only nobles can post?

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

I though only nobles could speak in the Landsraad?

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

I too like Greg's idea, and it's the same reasoning that made me ask that the Front Gate be moved to a spot directly above the Landsraad in our current fora arrangement. Making the Front Gate literally just that is appropriate. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Why not make the ministries a collection of subforums for a general "Imperial Offices" forum? Useless art is simply tolerated vandalism. I am a vandal.

Kaiseress Semisa I

Post by Kaiseress Semisa I »

I like WarVoid's Imperial Offices thing; makes the front page less cluttered. I also like the ability of a fiefdom to give a county a forum. And having the Landsraad be a subforum of the Front Gate does make a certain amount of sense, enough for me to support it.

AngelGuardian93

Rock on! There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Scott of Hyperborea

Ministries as subforums = no. They're too important, and with the changes we're making now we shouldn't have a problem with clutter. Also, I think we're going to want subforums in some ministries, and second-level-subforums is just going overboard.

Kaiseress Semisa I

Post by Kaiseress Semisa I »

True enough. Alright. Scott, I hereby authorize you to arrange the forums as you see fit.

AngelGuardian93

That's scary. Good luck! There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Sebastien Alexandre

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

Scott... surely... you could group our some of our ministries together?Such as..Category: State Affairs>Ministry of Immigration, Naturalization, and Emmigration>Ministry of Foreign AffairsCategory:Research and Education>Ministry of Research and Education>John Metzler III Libraryso on, so forth... all the above just examples, before someone bites

Return to “General Discussion”