gold runs out feb 5th

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

UEC

gold runs out feb 5th

Post by UEC »

and will currently cost 85$..... that is all. E. Metzler (UEC)Count of Monty CriscoFounder of the MCS"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSJoin Shireroth

Adanufgail

Re: gold runs out feb 5th

Post by Adanufgail »

Is that your yearly server/domain bill?

UEC

Post by UEC »

that's for 6 months...... blah... E. Metzler (UEC)Count of Monty CriscoFounder of the MCS"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSJoin Shireroth

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

tell me how to get the cash to you (I cannot use PayPal)

vasroixe

Post by vasroixe »

There is an offer I have to make.I will contact my business partner about letting Spinther.com to host Shireroth at a discount. Our website address is http://www.spinther.com . I'll need to know some basic statistics about site traffic, etc. before anything can be done.-- Matthew Basil Shirerothian PatriotPrince of Byzantia"I've got an idea.Let's get a gigantic prism...and send it into space. Then we can solve world hunger WITH SKITTLES!" -- anonymous

vasroixe

Post by vasroixe »

Spinther.com offers phpBB, Fantastico, CGI, PHP, Frontpage...all the goodies.I've hosted things before on my personal account, but Spinther.com is a separate thing. Shirerothian PatriotPrince of Byzantia"I've got an idea.Let's get a gigantic prism...and send it into space. Then we can solve world hunger WITH SKITTLES!" -- anonymous

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

I could help with money. I could probably send dollars (equivalent to 30 pounds more or less, consider it a x-mas present for Shireroth) by post to anyone that will actually use the money to pay.If it's safe to send cash by post that is. Edited by: RicLyon at: 12/11/05 17:29

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Put the community chest up, please. Bill Dusch - Archon of Soloralism - Founder of TelikosCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'No, you've changed too, Bill. Instead of being the fragmented, annoying and immature 16-year-old, you've graduated to being a well-spoken, annoying and immature 19-year-old. Congratulations.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

UEC

Post by UEC »

Wasn't there talk a php forum on a ner server.... the huge nifty one for 60 years at a price of $300 total. E. Metzler (UEC)Count of Monty CriscoFounder of the MCS"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSJoin Shireroth

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

$85 for six months is kind of insane...

vasroixe

Post by vasroixe »

Quote:If it's safe to send cash by post that is.LOL.Delphi, I can give Shireroth a MUCH better deal than that.If anyone in the government wants to discuss it with me (I CAN save you money), my e-mail address can be found at my personal website: mattm.spinther.com--basil Shirerothian PatriotPrince of Byzantia"I've got an idea.Let's get a gigantic prism...and send it into space. Then we can solve world hunger WITH SKITTLES!" -- anonymous

Hertug Gordon II

Post by Hertug Gordon II »

There are other concerns with you maintaing a forum on your personal website... like the one you deleted less than a month ago.

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Well, I ALREADY sent in my $20 for the switch to a php board, because it was supposedly all set up and just waiting for the money, with a long term contract for hosting and everything.If the powers that be say to do anything else for our next hosting whatever, I expect my money to be contributed to that. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

http://www.brinkster.com/sales/i...nding.aspxMy deal is bigger. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Interesting... I got something about that in one of my email accounts I don't really use anymore... That seems like it might be a solid deal. I looked through what we get and it seems like it'd be enough, but someone might want to look through with a fine-tooth-comb for fine print before we contribute and jump into that.

vasroixe

Post by vasroixe »

Free hosting comes with consequences, Ozarka. ProBoards...ezBoards...etc. How many times does it need to happen?Quote:There are other concerns with you maintaing a forum on your personal website... like the one you deleted less than a month ago.True, that was my PERSONAL website that I deleted certain files from for personal reasons. But this offer is from a COMPANY that I run, which has two other employees. One of those employees is the one who actually controls the webspace.I would never do anything, anything to harm a paying customer. Shirerothian PatriotPrince of Byzantia"I've got an idea.Let's get a gigantic prism...and send it into space. Then we can solve world hunger WITH SKITTLES!" -- anonymous

Hertug Gordon II

Post by Hertug Gordon II »

True, that was my PERSONAL website that I deleted certain files from for personal reasons.
It was hardly personal reasons- more political than any that you deleted a country's PHP boards. With no advanced notice I might add.

Sebastien Alexandre

Wow

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

Wow.. that must be a record.. my names already been mentioned to answer a question and I haven't even said anything yet......

osmose1000

Re: Wow

Post by osmose1000 »

Delphi - when we first looked at the plan, I went through the entire agreement legal text thing, and only found three areas that concerned me, but after talking to a customer service rep confirmed that they were just misinterpreted. It's solid. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Hmm, good. Where do we host the Shireroth site, anyway?

vasroixe

Post by vasroixe »

Ooops, I meant, my deal's bigger, OSMOSE!Delphi, Spinther.com of course! Of course? Shirerothian PatriotPrince of Byzantia"I've got an idea.Let's get a gigantic prism...and send it into space. Then we can solve world hunger WITH SKITTLES!" -- anonymous

Lachlan Powers

Post by Lachlan Powers »

Reality is... you will need gold even if only for 3 months cause it will take you that long to convert and you need access to the gold features to do a proper conversion. ejen ranti taicardainre (Lachlan Powers)The Grand Commonwealth - Aerlig - MNN - Treesia - mncentre - EIFA - Lemuria

TonerMan

Post by TonerMan »

aplus.net is our current host. Holy Warrior of NeeCommanding General of the Y.A.C.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Not per se, Lachlan. We could, in theory, get it done before February 5th... The conversion wouldn't take as much time as coming to a concensus on it though. And Erik, how is our deal over at alpus.net?

Lachlan Powers

Post by Lachlan Powers »

Oh I thought you had a few days!Get started now! Then Delphi can start coding something so we can share user databases across servers ejen ranti taicardainre (Lachlan Powers)The Grand Commonwealth - Aerlig - MNN - Treesia - mncentre - EIFA - Lemuria

UEC

Post by UEC »

not to bad accually...2gigs for $120 a year, PHP.. CGI..PERL all that good stuff..MYSQL...Unix server...but the 60 year one is better.. E. Metzler (UEC)Count of Monty CriscoFounder of the MCS"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSJoin Shireroth

Funky Wombat

Post by Funky Wombat »

No kidding.I've been given an address to forward money to now, so I shall do so when I'm paid. Eoinsy

Return to “General Discussion”