Holy Fuck and Thanks for All the Fish.

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

RicLyon

Re: Holy Fuck and Thanks for All the Fish.

Post by RicLyon »

I think it's not just Shireroth. I can't seem to access the MNN forums either... Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Stjepan Veliki

Post by Stjepan Veliki »

Istvanistan's Off Topic has been laid waste by this problem. Just about all of the posts from this year are gone.

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

averything from the Duchy of Arminy archive, and most things from Lac Glacie's archive is gone too

Gryphon the Pure

Holy Fuck and Thanks for All the Fish.

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

So last night while we were all hopefully sleeping, Ari informed me of an EzBoard fuckup. For a long period of time, all reply requests were answered by a blank page full of error code and nothing else. It was indeed the suck.Boards are still having problems, and the error reports since midnight go back to Page 16 of the bugs forum right now.In addition to this, half the archives are showing up as empty, despite having several pages still.I swear I had nothing to do with any of this. I want answers as much as any of you.And I want somebody fired and/or burned at the stake for this, because if those notices are true and the posts cannot be restored, we're in a state of holy fuck.Someone raise the terror alert?Ow. Rant Ow. Can't stop talking or it will sink in. Fuck.P.S. Let us all share a moment of silence in remembrance of the *wistles* that were. Gryphon the Pure- Shirithian Elder - Dutch of Kildare - Minister of the Interior - High Priest of Apostrophe aka Grammar Fuhrer - Director of the Shirithian Census - Imperial Advisor -q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);Edited by: Gryphon the Pure at: 5/31/05 11:26

Liam Sinclair

Post by Liam Sinclair »

It seems very few of the pubs escaped this failure. I know that p094 seems to have escaped it as my board on that pub is still working fine and with everything entact (knock on wood). p202 seems to be fine and p220 is back up though having archive problems (micronational boardwise). Sir Liam Sinclair, K.S.G.Kingdom of Gotzborg | Minister of State, Home Office

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Well, crap. Request restoral, now. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismQuillan Fatebane, 65th Paladin, Lanys Tvy'l Server (EQ1)Quillan Umbarcotumo, 37th Paladin, Innothule Server (EQ2)Proud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'As for... Quil, to be honest many of us have wondered about [him] for some time now. The real question might be why he LEFT the lance there.' - Areania, on how Quillan (Bill in EQ1) let Trombonius 'sit' on his lance"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Osman Shahanshah

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

There has been a massive loss of data in Babkha. We don't know what will occur but alternatives to a full restoral are limited.

VA Foghorn

Post by VA Foghorn »

... which is why I thank almighty Bob for phpbb.

Liam Sinclair

Post by Liam Sinclair »

The majority of Gotzborg's forums appear to be entact though I've now counted half a dozen affected by the crash. Two of those happen to be our primary government forums unfortunately. I highly recommend that micronationalists who maintain a cache in their browser switch to offline and see what threads from the affected micronations you may be able to save. There's a good chance that a lot of boards will never get fully restored, either because Ezboard won't be able to do so, or because those boards don't have CSC and thus cannot request a restore. Sir Liam Sinclair, K.S.G.Kingdom of Gotzborg | Minister of State, Home Office

Emperador Augustin

Post by Emperador Augustin »

Minorca has been wiped blank. As has the PRH.Heads SHALL roll. : -->:">

Draco the Tainted

Post by Draco the Tainted »

Not exactly clean. You've still got a little Colonia in your archive.But yes. I think if ever there was a case where micronations need to stop taking bullshit from crappy macronational corporations, it is now. EzBoard will fix it or we should fix EzBoard. Heil Loki!!!
Heil H'Graa!!!

Emperador Augustin

I told Johanns that if EZBoard doesn't fix it, their HQ is gonna look like a scene from Kill Bill. And I just got a new katana last week. Anyone wanna help? We can have a Deadly Viper Assassin Squad of our own.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Whatever differences may divide micronations, some good old-fashioned carnage can bring us together. I don't have a katana, but perhaps I could fight alongside you, bludgeoning the guilty with my metal walking stick?

Emperador Augustin

I own over a dozen swords. If you don't own one, I have spares.

sovereignvikingemperor

Post by sovereignvikingemperor »

*gets out his chainsaw*

Johanns V

Post by Johanns V »

Cranda's been wiped clean too. Attera's been knocked back to a year ago. God I hope for a restoral. Waz ist wunders hie geschehenDaz ein Magt ein Kint gebarHêre übr Engel ScharWas daz niht ein Wunder gar?-Walther von der Vogelweide

Gryphon the Tainted

Post by Gryphon the Tainted »

*readies a few quarterstaves, attaching blades to the ends of some* "Tradition is grand and to be respected but if a nation is too strongly tied to it, it will become the anchor that sinks it." ~Eriana Moon

Harvey the Blue

Post by Harvey the Blue »

Jasonia is wiped.*gathers several bricks* Harvey SteffkeSai'Kar's Memories LiveJournal - ranting about Shirerothian issues since fall 2004.

Kaiser Alejian I

Post by Kaiser Alejian I »

*le sigh*

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

THEY WILL PAY FOR THE CAPITAL OF TURKEY!~ Hypatia's Mom: Yay! I'm legal now.Moose: WE(Shireroth) HAVE NON-NOBLES?![21:11] Bill7D0: It's 9:11 PM. Do you know where your plane is?

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Apparently this was the result of a hacker attack. EZBoard thinks they are hot on the guy's trail. I hope he rots in prison forever.They also think they'll be able to restore everything up to May 9th, which is pretty good. "Whenever I hear the word 'culture', I reach for my revolver." - Herman Goering

Liam Sinclair

Post by Liam Sinclair »

Mind you the hacker deleted a large number of the restoral backups so a lot of boards will never be fully recovered. They have a incremental backup from May 9 available, but that means all posts since then will be lost. Sir Liam Sinclair, K.S.G.Kingdom of Gotzborg | Minister of State, Home Office

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Well, that's still better than our current situation. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismQuillan Fatebane, 65th Paladin, Lanys Tvy'l Server (EQ1)Quillan Umbarcotumo, 37th Paladin, Innothule Server (EQ2)Proud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'As for... Quil, to be honest many of us have wondered about [him] for some time now. The real question might be why he LEFT the lance there.' - Areania, on how Quillan (Bill in EQ1) let Trombonius 'sit' on his lance"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Comrade Titov

Post by Comrade Titov »

Let's try and remember this the next time some a-----e starts talking about Spam Cannons and the like. Anybody remember the Great Casual Forums disaster?

Return to “General Discussion”