Wow! I was going through the original Istvanistan forums...

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

For Her Light

Wow! I was going through the original Istvanistan forums...

Post by For Her Light »

...and christ, was I a pretentious asshole or what?Seriously, I was always so serious and pseudo-fatherly in government deliberations. Makes me wanna kick my own ass. And so we lay,We lay in the same grave,Our chemical wedding day...

SaiKar LumEth

Re: Wow! I was going through the original Istvanistan forum

Post by SaiKar LumEth »

Agreed. But I was about the same, though my focus was a bit different.

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

I think we all are pretty embarassed about what we were like back then. On the other hand, we all remember it as one of the best times ever, so we couldn't've been too bad.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I used to be passifist... Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

That's why I don't like visiting the old forums...allthough I must say, the flying islands of jasonia zealot was a great thing

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

PAh... FIOJ.... Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

FIOJ ROCKS! \m/!!!!But, you have your opinion, I have mine hehe.It should be brought back (wink wink, nudge nudge Harv...)

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

SaiKar LumEth

Post by SaiKar LumEth »

No.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

erp! *hides*

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

I cringe, actually cringe, at what I was like back when I was 14/15. Although I agree, they were the best times. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'TarasGrand Duke of Lac Glacei

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

I was the coolest kid on the [micro]block two years ago, and I'm the coolest kid on the [micro]block today.Word. Now it's time to kick out the jams, motherfucker!

Kaiser Wyltheow I

Post by Kaiser Wyltheow I »

Yes...I miss the old days too...They were the best...seems like I had a rebellion every month or so...heh... Wylþeow du GrifosThe Kaiser of ShirerothThe gods blessed you with power and a visionThe gods gave you life to accomplish a mission...

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

*begins calculating* Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Well, the whole oath thing kind of took care of that whole rebellion thing...

SaiKar LumEth

Post by SaiKar LumEth »

I remember when Jasonia tried to begin a voluntary oath policy. Everyone got REALLY REALLY offended at it, especially Scott. Everyone said that an oath was binding and holy and honorable and they would never make one to something as stupid or as fragile as a micronation.And now Shireroth has a manditory oath and no one has a problem with it.

For Her Light

Post by For Her Light »

I just remember being really patronizing. I had a lot of really good people working with me in Istvanistan (bnham, Glissando, dstryker, and Caesar Augustus later on). Probably all of them were more adept at policy than me and contributed more to the internal development of the state then I did. Really, by the end of it I was probably holding it back more.I've learned a lot since those days.I tried to make myself a father of the nation. I guess it worked but when it comes down to it, Istvanistan's success was the result of a real team effort which had the advantage of working through the imperfect constitutional system which I had set up. In that team I wasn't much more than the cheerleader...well...at least a cheerleader who knew better than to sign any military alliance with the GAPR (though I carried that policy too far).Like when Shane was pushing the formation of the Apollo Confederacy. I had such a good relationship with Shane at that point and he really thought the Confederacy would have been doomed without us (right or wrong, it was doomed). If I had gone ahead and worked with him, could have made Istvanistan into a diplomatic presence alongside Blackrock. Instead, I stuck with boring principals... Of course, that's all contingent on if the Confederacy would have ended up any better then the way it did, but the point really is that I wasn't even willing to roll the dice. bah...wouldn't make those mistakes again. And so we lay,We lay in the same grave,Our chemical wedding day...Edited by: For Her Light at: 3/10/04 5:12 pm

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Hm... interesting Harvey... was I offended too?*laughs*

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Quote:And now Shireroth has a manditory oath and no one has a problem with it.I'm not sure if I ever actually took Shireroth's oath for immigrants in the form it was given. If I did... well, I wouldn't do so anymore, even in the case I'd rejoin Shireroth. Sure, this nation isn't particularly fragile or stupid, I've understood that, but it's still not something I'd prefer to swear an oath of loyalty to. Do you really believe Project Bluebook revealed EVERYTHING the Army Air Corps knew? Do you know what REALLY happened at Roswell, New Mexico in the late 1940s? Have you even heard about the Men in Black? Do you have any friends who have `missing days'? Do you sleep with your window unlocked?Be seeing you...

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Mm, that's the one thing I have a problem with too, apart from Shireroth's lack of fundamental rights. I mean, it's a micronation for chrissake. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'TarasLotter of the West LotGrand Duke of Lac Glacei

Scott Alexander

Stuff

Post by Scott Alexander »

That's a good point. I think I always included a disclaimer at the end of my oaths, but even so I'm not entirely comfortable with it. Maybe we should get rid of it.

Gman Russell

Re: Stuff

Post by Gman Russell »

*shrugs* I rather like the clause in my oath... before it was standardized *grins*

SaiKar LumEth

Post by SaiKar LumEth »

UhhThe previous statement of mine was more of a "sign of the changing times" then a "let's tear down the evil oath!" statement. If Shireroth's oath works, then it works. I am not saying you should get rid of it.

Phoenix the Risen

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

I don't think I've had to reimmigrate since Gryphon first joined, so even if I have taken the oath of loyalty, there's no record of it due to the attacks. But it's not as if I have any reason not to be loyal to Shireroth... *shady look* w00t! *dashes away* Phoenix the Risen - Dutchess of Kildare - Political Nuisance but at least She gets the job done. - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig and Gryphon the Pure's Awesome Tables! - COME BACK, STEVE!!! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth"I HEARBY QUESTION THE KAISERESS AUTHORITY!" ~Gryphon Avocado (Switching Day)

Return to “General Discussion”