A visit from the past

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Tau

A visit from the past

Post by Tau »

So it looks like I made it just in time to see the forums close.

For those of you who don't know me (I assume most of you), I was formerly known as dStryker, say around 6-8 years ago. Erik suggested I stop by a few months ago, but I never had time to do it. After spending time on the East Coast going to school, I'm now on the West Coast doing more school. Now that I'm on break, I finally have some time to stop by and say hello.

A few comments:

1. You guys have FINALLY gotten rid of those ugly forum colors. That was one tradition I'm glad is gone.

2. Is there actually a working economy? If there hasn't been one by now, I think it's safe to say that micronational economies will never work. That's not to say people won't keep on trying ad infinitum. And as the former Minister of Trade, I'm always in favor of trying to make them work, even if in the end, they always fail....

3. Realizing that vestiges of what I did is still around is sort of strange. I came across a description, probably from 2001 or so, of my conlang d'Enetet on the ShireWiki (back in my day, there wasn't such thing as a Wiki anything...). I've been working on my conlang on and off since those days, and while I hadn't seen what I originally wrote in many years until just now, looking at the description, it's pretty neat to see that some of the ideas I came up with nine or ten years ago are still part of my language today.

4. Who's around nowadays? Is there anyone left that I know?

5. That is all. For now.

CJ Miller

Re: A visit from the past

Post by CJ Miller »

Go to the Bastion Union. And bring Foghorn with you.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Wow! dStryker! It's been a LONG time. You knew me back then under the pseudonym of WarVoid.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewforum ... 6168428817

Is where we are now. It's great to see you! :)

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

For economic talks: Andreas is your man. You can find him on the new forum ( http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=14 ).

Welcome back, by the way. You will not know me, but I'm glad to see former micronationalists come back, even if it's just for a short visit. :thumbsup
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Return to “General Discussion”