International News

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Artz

International News

Post by Artz »

Hey

I'm sure you've noticed the decline in general micronational activity and I think one of the reasons that nations are moving away from each other is that we just don't know enough about one another! Specially in the realms of news, I see many nations trying to make an international newspaper and grasping for stories. I think there might be a better way of making a true international paper that may bring us together a little through a joint task.

I'm not setting anything up just yet as I want to see what peoples thoughts on the idea are and if any one person from every nation would be willing to participate.

Basically, what I'm thinking so far, is one person from each nation writes an article on anything they like about their nation. They send that to me and I'll compile them all into a newspaper format, find relevent pictures (Unless a specific one is requested by the nation involved) and publish it. And vwala, through a team effort we've come up with something good we can all share and we get to learn about whats going on in other nations through reading it.

Do you have any thoughts about the idea? And would any of you be interested in participating?

Thankyou =]

Daniel Farewell

Re: International News

Post by Daniel Farewell »

I'll be interested :)

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Hey, you.

I'm too lazy to participate. I'm just saying hey.

Gil'les Mel'ang

Post by Gil'les Mel'ang »

This idea sounds good although let me go ahead and state that The Times Group has been planning a similar project. It is intended to be a magazine consisting of articles from all the different nations it services.

Artz

Post by Artz »

Times group? Is that within shireroth?.. Whos in charge of that.. might get talking to them and see how they're doing with their project. =]

@Ric: awesome =].. I'll keep you updated if anything happens

@Harvey: hey! You like saying hi in my posts =P

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

I do too...
I am confusing, have a wiki article to help: Link-a-dink

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Times Group is a Batavian company which is also active in Shireroth (and other nations). It has the same intentions as you have. Perhaps you could join them. They are looking for journalists. ;)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Artz

Post by Artz »

Well, I don't want to be a journalist =P.. I want to get people together.. but I'll sure contact the times group and see how they do their papers and if its akin to my idea and perhaps help them on rounding people up, if it is.

@fides: You do what?.. say hi? =] lol

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Post by Kaiser Ometeotl I »

Perhaps a joint venture...

I'd read it.. I don't have time to write.

AryezturMejorkhor

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

If only we could also unify all of our countries as well.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

:(

Kaiser Ometeotl I

That would be rather boring if there was only one country.

Gil'les Mel'ang

Post by Gil'les Mel'ang »

I do think perhaps a loose confederation of nations withh streamlining of diplomacy, rec-war, and perhaps a unified gateway to the micro-national hobby might be beneficial, but only if done in a way that is not threatening to potential member nations. However on giant nation or empire would be boring and if it were run by the same people who run Antica, oppressive.

AryezturMejorkhor

As Scott proposed once, some sort of community of individual developments would be rather nice. Also as Chris pointed out over the preceding summer, a lot of micronational discourse is mainly focused on chatting and shared pursuits between individuals. There are no more than 50 micornationalists in our sector. Divide that by about 10 or 20, and we get a lot of non-productive little countries. Micronationalism has now evolved into a community and subculture more than an actual venue for the construction of governments and cultures.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Something like this was my main agenda for about a year. But there was no real support. I honestly just don't think anyone cares.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Micronationalism has now evolved into a community and subculture more than an actual venue for the construction of governments and cultures.
BUT the problem (good, perhaps not a problem but atleast important enough to stand in the way of large unifications) is that most people care more about those cultures and governments (or government systems) then about the community. :document
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

AryezturMejorkhor

Yeah, everyone is attached to their projects. That's why Scott's idea was good, to have a common federation for those projections which would allow both the projects and for the general coming together of individuals on a greater level.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Shireroth kinda operated that way for a while.. it doesn't really help or provide much for the community. No one wants to work together, if everyone can have their own, private, culture/state.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

AryezturMejorkhor wrote:Yeah, everyone is attached to their projects. That's why Scott's idea was good, to have a common federation for those projections which would allow both the projects and for the general coming together of individuals on a greater level.
I still don't believe this fundamentally. Put a bunch of people that have gone their own ways together and they'll still have gone their own ways.

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

I'm just in it for the community...
I am confusing, have a wiki article to help: Link-a-dink

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Yeah, I was too. Good times. But I think it's a dying center. Lots of people are just going off on their own to pursue their own interests without having to deal with any unwanted outside interference. Frustrating to admit, it's pretty tempting to me too at this point.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

It depends. Is your little project CoD 2? If yes, then you can focus on it; if no, then bad Harvey, no being a hypocrite :p
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Don't hold your breath.

Return to “General Discussion”