Extending Boycott to Shireroth

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Gil'les Mel'ang

Extending Boycott to Shireroth

Post by Gil'les Mel'ang »

As you know, I haven't made a post on Antica's forums in months. I haven't wanted to help their activity levels in any way, after their participation in the Kezan Affair.

I have just recently learned (from Malliki) that Delphi Augustus' account was used by some Shirerithians (I have heard either Scott or Ari) to make it look as if Delphi himself was involved in the Kezan Affair. I won't go into detail, but this little subterfuge (conducted after the main subterfuge) has had some continuing negative effects for me. And because of this, it really puts Shireroth in a position that is no better than Antica at this point. While other aspects of the Kezan Affair I could forgive, the unauthorized use of Delphi's account must have consequences.

Thus the laughs are over. The consequences are this: I now regretfully am extending my boycott of Antica to Shireroth, until Shireroths draft and passes laws against the hijacking of users' accounts. This is similar to how I have asked Antica to draft and pass laws preventing future targeted malicious subterfuge of citizens, something which it still refuses to do. It is not fair for me to boycott Antica and not boycott Shireroth when, as I know now, Shireroth has caused me about as much trouble. Good-bye.

Jonas

Re: Extending Boycott to Shireroth

Post by Jonas »

What? How? Who? :knife
I'm not going to respond to this as long as I don't know the facts, but if you're telling the truth then we should indeed take necessary steps to avoid this in the future and to show that we condemn such actions. A law would indeed be a good idea, as it's unethical.

Btw, what's the Kezan Affair?
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

But... but... I already told you back in http://shireroth.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 67#p156767 that Shirithians were as involved in the prank as Anticans were. It was unfair in the first place for you to boycott Antica and not Shireroth! You're breaking my heart by actually doing what you were supposed to do all along :(

(btw, the one who emailed Delphi to ask for his permission to use his account, and who did get said permission and posted as such, was Scott)
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Delphi's account was used with his permission, and we already told you all this a while ago.
I've already said it was a mistake, and in theory I'd support a law against doing it again, but I'm not sure what the law would say or be against, exactly.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Now I atleast know why Elliot left in the first place. :p
But Gil'les, why are you saying these things while you already knew it a while back? :confused
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

AryezturMejorkhor

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

The Delphi thing was made known a long time ago.
There is no need to bring back the ghosts of the past.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Well, since we're airing laundry that the shit has long ago dried and encrusted into, I might as well post this amusing log from a couple of days ago. I even went through the trouble of checking that TheGhostOfElliot's IP address matched with a Gil'les post, because... uh... someone might want to impersonate him... for some reason? Anyways, to the logmobile!
00:36 -!- TheGhostOfElliot [3f61cc23@PSI-55571805.mibbit.com] has joined #micronations
00:36 < TheGhostOfElliot> Ah, Ari
00:36 < TheGhostOfElliot> Ah, Chrimigules
00:36 < TheGhostOfElliot> Who else is doing the Devil's work today?
00:36 < TheGhostOfElliot> Artz?
00:36 < TheGhostOfElliot> I just learned that DELPHI was never involved in the Kezan Affair. His account was used to make it look like that.
00:36 < TheGhostOfElliot> Well doesn't that beat all?
00:37 <@Artz> hello?
00:37 <@ari> IIRC Scott or someone asked him if his account could be used and he said "sure"
00:37 < TheGhostOfElliot> I think Hello is not warranted.
00:37 < TheGhostOfElliot> Oh?
00:37 < TheGhostOfElliot> Well, Scott will be asked.
00:37 <@ari> The really funny part is
00:37 < TheGhostOfElliot> No. Nothing about it is funny to me.
00:37 < TheGhostOfElliot> Not now.
00:38 < TheGhostOfElliot> This has cost me too much.
00:38 <@ari> Remember when I made fun of you for being paranoid when you said Icebreaker was the one who spammed Shireroth's and Antica's forum? (the 50PEPYSES and such)
00:38 < TheGhostOfElliot> Bye.
00:38 <@ari> Yeah, that was acutally Icebreaker.
00:38 <@ari> *actually
00:38 < TheGhostOfElliot> No, I don't.
00:38 < TheGhostOfElliot> And I don't care.
00:38 < TheGhostOfElliot> I was right. No surprise.
00:38 < TheGhostOfElliot> Goodbye.
00:38 -!- TheGhostOfElliot [3f61cc23@PSI-55571805.mibbit.com] has quit [Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client]
Oh, man, the anger :D. The things that prank has cost you! It sure is unwarranted for people to greet you, that's how much it's cost! :D I'm imagining you sort of shaking on your seat, you know, Equius-style. Hell, make that the whole crimson face, eyes bugging out, maybe some steam coming out of the ears deal. And, of course, going so completely one-tracked that you barely even acknowledged that one of your paranoid accusations had actually hit the correct target.

AryezturMejorkhor

Can we have an all Micran day of reconciliation and amnesty for everyone? Including Ardeshir when he comes back and so on.
Let us also tame inordinate emotional responses.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

To be honest, if I were in his place, I'd be pretty upset too. We all need to chill out and stop instigating each other and so on.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Post by Kaiser Ometeotl I »

??? What's all this? and... who's Gil'les Mel'ang?

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

The reincarnation of Markham.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Ah. That makes sense.. in which case... What is he talking about? When did we use Delphi's account?

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Operation Light Blue Octopus.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Kaiser Ometeotl I

To me, that feels like years ago. I mostly already forgot about the details.

So.. I guess on behalf of Shireroth. Sorry. Didn't mean to piss you off, just rile you up a bit. But you did kinda make most of it up yourself so.... yeah. Still not sure what that Delphi thing is about, but take that up with Scott/Ari. Not like it was some officially sanctioned machination of the Shireroth government, so I'm not gonna make a big deal out of it.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Elliot: I knew about this, didn't approve of it personally, but also didn't interfere. To the extent that silence speaks consent, then, I am as culpable as the others.

However, as you can see from the Kaiser above and from here the general feeling is that it went too far and that we shouldn't do it again (or at least, only do it to people who we know will take it as a joke). Personally, I hope you will accept the Kaiser's policy and return as a citizen. But I cannot make you forgive. The choice is yours.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

To be honest, if I were in his place, I'd be pretty upset too. We all need to chill out and stop instigating each other and so on.
Indeed, though I point out that it was a particularly... instigatory period, and I think the atmosphere has gotten better since then. I was involved in it the operation at the time, and I'm sorry I was.

I grant that he has a right to be upset; what I don't particularly understand is why he's being upset NOW. As has already been said, the details of Operation Light Blue Octopus came out quite some time ago, the role of Delphi's account included, and I seem to recall Elliot being aware of it at the time, so unless he didn't understand or else he forgot (or I'm misremembering), it shouldn't have been a recent revelation.

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

To be honest, the OP of this thread was news to me...

Although, I played no part and had zero information about the whole debacle to begin with, and at the time, out of unintentional ignorance, couldn't care less.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

I like the amnesty day idea, but not yet. We have only just committed to a punishment over the Elywnn betrayal, if we absolve him no, we should hardly have punished him at all.
I am confusing, have a wiki article to help: Link-a-dink

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Since we're reminiscing what we did during the OLBO... basically the only thing I did to mess with anyone's head during it was SammyJ-ing up Malarbor. And later I blew the lid off with that post I linked to earlier in this thread. Just saying that so that you know that when I'm being your conscience - that nagging feeling, deep in your mind, that maybe what you did was not wrong - I'm not doing it to excuse anything I did myself :)

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I was probably not around here at that time or already with my thoughts to other places. Hhmmm, yeah.. I think it were those hot, sunny days... :kaiser
I want the sun back! :cry

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

True that, Jonas. True that.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

We got the sun for a few days.. then it went back to being mild again....

Aster

Post by Aster »

COME TO ASHKENATZA!

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Aster wrote:COME TO ASHKENATZA!
*Takes gun.*
You want our oil! Everyone wants our OIL! :mal

Kaiser Ometeotl I

I always thought they wanted our bodies for hideous experiments.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Perhaps they want both... :document

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

00:00 <@ari> Well, that was a bit disappointing
00:00 <@ari> So Vasroe posted in http://shireroth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14089 and deleted the post
00:01 <@ari> And I caught it but it's actually... not that interesting
00:01 <@ari> http://pastebin.ca/1958869

00:04 <@beets> Vasroe must waste so much time typing up long PMs and posts and then deleting them

(not to mention it's not really nice to the rest of us who start typing up replies only to find out that what they're replying to no longer exists)

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

People have the right to withdraw a statement to minimise harm to others...

AryezturMejorkhor

But that statement was not harmful at all and was done in good faith, I thought.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

I don't know what the stement was, I'm just saying that I'm sure the writer had his reasons to withdraw it, be they altruistic or no.

Return to “General Discussion”