I believe enough time has past for this-

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Re: I believe enough time has past for this-

Post by Kaiser Ometeotl I »

Yeah. Don't expect me to remove that clause. It's there for good reasons. We don't need another Mari Greenwood. (History: Was leader of 3 different nations at the same time)

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Kaiser Ometeotl I wrote:Yeah. Don't expect me to remove that clause. It's there for good reasons. We don't need another Mari Greenwood. (History: Was leader of 3 different nations at the same time)
I agree with you on this one. Being Kaiser(ess) is already hard on its own, our state of head shouldn't divide his / her attention too much between several states.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I disagree for roughly the same reason. Other states would understand a decrease in activity from someone who has become the Kaiser(ses) of Shireroth. If the Kaiser(ess) didn't get around to visiting other countries they held citizenship in, well, its those country's losses. The policy seems to be designed specifically to cause people to resign citizenship from other countries in order to have a chance at the Mango Throne, which I see as a continued form of passive agressive warfare. I'm pretty sure my stance on this one is well-known.

I will agree that we don't need another Mari Greenwood leadership though. Girl was sweet and kind, great person. But leader material she was not.

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

Then how was she elected?

Anyway: As Emperor of Gralus, I still find the time to hang out here and do nothing, or in Nelaga and be the minister of the interior very poorly...
I am confusing, have a wiki article to help: Link-a-dink

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Then how was she elected?
Complete and total lack of other candidates. In some cases, a complete and total lack of other active citizens.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I disagree for roughly the same reason. Other states would understand a decrease in activity from someone who has become the Kaiser(ses) of Shireroth. If the Kaiser(ess) didn't get around to visiting other countries they held citizenship in, well, its those country's losses. The policy seems to be designed specifically to cause people to resign citizenship from other countries in order to have a chance at the Mango Throne, which I see as a continued form of passive agressive warfare. I'm pretty sure my stance on this one is well-known.
I have about the opposite response to this. I don't think we should be letting people who resign from other countries just to become Kaiser have the Kaisership. Sure, Hesam resigned from Babkha in order to be Kaiser here; did that mean he was loyal to us? No.

The pool of possible Kaiserial candidates should consist of people who are single-cits before an heir to the throne is ever being considered. If that means Erik's got to be Kaiser more often, so be it.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Combine the two. Make the pool only availble to loyal, active citizens, but remove the one-citizenship only requirement. You'd still be getting loyal, active Kaisers; you'd just have more options to choose from.

Also, what if Erik doesn't WANT to be Kaiser more? Yes, he's doing a very good job during this reign. But most people only have so much inspiration and energy. I've been President of Nelaga for a while now. I've done okay. I want to resign soon, but I'm worried about who will take over for me if I do and what will happen to the country. I imagine Erik is starting to have similar thoughts or will be having them sooner rather than later.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Yeah... I'm having those thought. I don't mind being Kaiser up to half the time. But I work a hell of a lot now that I'm a manager, and it's hard to find the time.

As for 'passive warefare', not to sure about that. You might just be being a bit paranoid on that one, I'm not trying to steal people. I fully expect anyone who was a duel-cit before to be a duel-cit after. But I want people to realize there's a level of commitment required. I don't want the Kaiser to also be the head of another government, or even a high official. There will no solution to these problems that I think someone won't find to be some form of passive warfare, or meddling in the politics of other nations, or some other terrible thing. The rule has nothing to do with other nations, and everything to do with Shireroth. However you put it, the leader of a nation to be dedicated to that nation.

And I have soup in my beard.. damn it.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

It's just a minor thought but: instead of the one-cit rule (which I still support) we could demand that they don't have any high position in a government. That way you don't get a Kaiser who is President in another nation at the same moment, but he shouldn't give up his citizenship.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Also agreeable.
Kaiser Ometeotl I wrote:As for 'passive warefare', not to sure about that. You might just be being a bit paranoid on that one
Oh, I'm probably paranoid. Too many people say I perceive slights where none were intended for me to ignore. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. ;) I do consider unintended consquences a lot. The one-cit Kaiser rule has and will continue to encourage people to abandon other citizenships to be part of the running. I do not consider that at all healthy for the stability of the hobby.

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

I personally support the one-cit rule, for the stability of shireroth. The solution is to find more citizens for shireroth.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Finding new citizens for the hobby is the main issue that my *CENSORED* wants to confront, since I believe it's too large of an issue to be handled by any one nation, and if we don't work together there will be all sorts of nasty competition that would threaten to undermine the whole effort.

Falkner van der Sluijs

Ok, I'm gonna try something, let's see how many citizens I can recruit
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

No offense, but didn't you say like exactly that same sort of thing about a month ago?

Falkner van der Sluijs

Well, I never actually did anything that time. This time I did.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

All right. Good luck.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Censored? *Puts a few facts together*... Ah... that makes sense now.

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

I agree with Harvey, though.
I am confusing, have a wiki article to help: Link-a-dink

Return to “General Discussion”