The Shirekeep Times

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Elliot Markham

The Shirekeep Times

Post by Elliot Markham »

Batavia-based Times Group has established a newsblog for Shireroth called The Shirekeep Times. I thought you guys might want to check it out. Here is the link: http://theshirekeeptimes.blogspot.com/ . By the way, the first article is by Yours Truly.

Elliot Markham

Jacobus Loki

Re: The Shirekeep Times

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Saw it. :)

Some inaccuracies, not too bad for a first pass.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Kind largish inaccuracies, since he got the role of every position he tried to describe wrong, and kind of handled the Corey / Malliki dispute in a rather tabloid trashy way. Not exactly the best article for an opening appearance.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Yeah, but I have trouble writing in one language.

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

Wait...who's been saying what about me?

Also, I've been steward through the last few kaisers...
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Post by Kaiser Ometeotl I »

Yeah.. he missed that fact too.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Trivia question,

Weren't you Steward the first time to Anti-Kaiser Loki II? Sometimes I get things right.

I sense a trend, Corey / Jonas sort of as Civil Service, with Kaiser/Landsraad as being more political.

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

Jacobus Loki wrote:Weren't you Steward the first time to Anti-Kaiser Loki II?
Steward for Loki II, Ayreon, Loki III, Agni I....um, then there are a couple after that, I believe
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Wow E-mark, this really sucked. Perhaps you should check your facts before you write again?
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Dear Mr. Tosha,

Here in Shireroth, we believe in being hospitable and kind to our guests, (even you) especially the ones interested enough to run a newspaper.

Sincerely,
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Mike, while we do value your opinion, perhaps you would be so kinda as to show a bit more respect and civility while you are posting in Shireroth. In the future we may not act so gently with such comments. This is a friendly reminder.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Well, it's a bit of a philosophical thing, I guess. Is the value of micronational journalism in that someone simply takes the time to write anything, or in that it might actually communicate something that has something to do with reality?
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Ari Rahikkala wrote:Well, it's a bit of a philosophical thing, I guess. Is the value of micronational journalism in that someone simply takes the time to write anything, or in that it might actually communicate something that has something to do with reality?
If it's done by someone who isn't an active citizen, then it's a bonus that they took the bother to do anything about you, ever. I always felt the real articles about Novatainia/Gralus were the ones not written by me. Unfortunately, very few of those.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Mike, as being said by His Niftiness and Jake: please try to be a bit more polite. You can be critical, but that doesn't need to be expressed this way.

If it's done by someone who isn't an active citizen, then it's a bonus that they took the bother to do anything about you, ever. I always felt the real articles about Novatainia/Gralus were the ones not written by me. Unfortunately, very few of those.
Hhmm. Yes, that's true. I always enjoy reading stuff about my micronation by others. Luckily, the tradition of writing articles is integrated in the Dutch sector, so I have the chance to frequently read something about Batavia (and Shireroth). :love
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Kaiser Ometeotl I

I wouldn't mind more articles about Shireroth. Though perhaps some mild consultation by the writer could help improve accuracy and knowledge about governmental structure and operation.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

They are looking for journalists and freelancers. So... perhaps you should try to help? That way we can use it to inform the other micronations about what's happening here. :document
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Much as I am annoyed at him for messing up my assing attempt, Andreas has a(n interesting) point. If you're interested enough in a nation to regularly post well-researched news updates about it, chances are you're a citizen anyway.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I still love my description...
The new Praetor is Jonas. Praetors are imperial administrators, running the day-to-day affairs of the government on the behalf of the Kaisers.
It gives me the feeling of having much power. :evil :p

Kaiser Ometeotl I

True. But that description would be more accurate of the Ministers. Though you are a powerful figure on the playing field, but day to day, only the Landsraad is under your direct control.

Elliot Markham

Post by Elliot Markham »

Return to “General Discussion”