What laws make Shireroth less pleasent to be in.

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Erik Mortis

What laws make Shireroth less pleasent to be in.

Post by Erik Mortis »

Tell me! Tell me which laws, traditions..etc. make things less pleasant to be a citizen. What makes you want to leave, or participate less. Which made you leave?

Malliki Tosha

Re: What laws make Shireroth less pleasent to be in.

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Well, being blamed for everything that's wrong with Shireroth is pretty much on the top of my list, Erik.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Laws had nothing to do with why I emigrated.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Oh, and in second place is the fact that most things on the national level are off limits to change, since change would apparently DESTROY THE ESSENCE OF SHIREROTH or PISS ON OUR TRADITIONS or basically any other lame excuse the elite can invent.

Third would be the fact that the forum and wiki are more important than the people that use them. Look at the lame reaction to Ari leaving, for instance. Great way to show that you care, Erik. Or basically when anyone leaves with lots of critique and concerns, the standard reply is "well, they never really liked it here", or even worse, "they're bad citizens, good riddance". I don't want to be a part of a "community" where things matter more than the people in it.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

What did I say to Ari when he left?

Elliot Markham

Post by Elliot Markham »

There are just so MANY laws and traditions. Something should be done. Not necessarily getting rid of them--rather, every citizen be provided a "Shireroth 101" class to understand the essential laws and traditions. I still don't feel like I understand them all; not everyone has a photographic memory like CJ and quickly can absorb the meaning of jokes from The Year 2000 and the Apollo Sector. By the way, what was the Apollo Sector?

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

The Apollo Sector was a union of nations around 2000-01 that included, among other nations, Audentior, Jasonia, Menelmacar, United Demesos, Treesia, and possibly (to much debate) Shireroth.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

The laws aren't the problem, apart from the whole "taking our land" thing with the Houses, and that's being sorted. And I'm happy enough with the longstanding traditions (like the Kaiser gets the most power, Duchies deal with land) etc because I'm used to them. For me, the thing putting my continued citizenship in doubt is the community and included attitudes. Not to at all imply that everyone is the same or that everyone is the problem; just things like being mean to people for the fun of it, arguing instead of debating, the strange approach to recwar, and the ragequits (to which partial blame at least must go to those who annoy the ragequitters enough that they do ragequit).

That, and general restrictions on my time. If I have a limited amount of time to spend in micronations, I'm most likely to spend it in places that are active and interesting me; and where people aren't annoying me.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Okey.. so.... what I've got so far is that people are upset, leaving/left, angry about Shireroth because of one or more of the following.

a. Loss of land.
b. Immutable nature of Shireroth government/culture.
c. Feelings of being treated unfairly.
d. Lack of a sense of community.
e. Lack of appreciation for personal work/projects.
f. Everyone being so angry.
g. Other people treating them poorly.

a1. Lack of Time/RL commitments.

Does this list feel like it fits, at least partially to what people are feeling, at least the gist?

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

The laws aren't really the problem, as long as they are "enforced" with a wink and a nod. The traditions are some of the best things, but people should be treated gently when they don't know them, or want to start some newer ones.

For me,

a
a1
f
:mal
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Return to “General Discussion”