AryezturMejorkhor

Re: Let's have a cup of tea...

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

This is the best idea I've seen today.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

....and a cookie, er, biscuit, thanks.......

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

mmmmm Yorkshire black... if only I didn't need to go to bed at 10 tonight..
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

AryezturMejorkhor

I find tea puts me to sleep.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

ARYEZTUR!!! I'm sorry for being a dick to you. I've met a real dick, and you are not one.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

AryezturMejorkhor

Yeah, I've been reading all the CJ Miller stuff. I suppose we can get along in the future to an extent.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

AryezturMejorkhor

Do you guys prefer teabags or tea leaves?
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

lol.. teabag.... (sorry.. had to be immature...)
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I think we can at least agree to disagree. :)

And NO teabags. :p
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Bags on the road, or in the field, leaves at home.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Yay! Tea party! We're all one big happy family...until I get that block feature working

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

I'll have an iced tea, thank you.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

We really should get the chat, source of evil*, offline... :evil

*: not the good kind of evil (aka Babkhan evil), but the evil evil.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Allot

Post by Allot »

Jonas wrote:We really should get the chat, source of evil*, offline... :evil
I agree.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Or you people should just stop reading the logs. Really, it's kinda pathetic to obsessively read logs from a place you don't even visit.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Malliki Tosha wrote:Or you people should just stop reading the logs. Really, it's kinda pathetic to obsessively read logs from a place you don't even visit.
I haven't read the logs. But this situation has proven it once more: people get big arguments / fights in the chat and bring it to Shireroth. :no

Btw, it should also be a good thing if people stopped acting as a dick in the chat. Better to avoid then to cure an illness. The same with this.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Before I forget: above statement is not made to attack you personally, Mike.

Icebreaker

Post by Icebreaker »

Allot wrote:
Jonas wrote:We really should get the chat, source of evil*, offline... :evil
I agree.
HAVE FUN WITH THAT. IF YOU'RE SERIOUS, YOU CAN START HERE: http://www.psigenix.net/

GRAB A LIST OF THE IRCOPS AND COMMENCE WHINING.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Waawaa people talk on an Irc channel waawaa I want them to stop waawaa...
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Jonas wrote:
Malliki Tosha wrote:Or you people should just stop reading the logs. Really, it's kinda pathetic to obsessively read logs from a place you don't even visit.
I haven't read the logs. But this situation has proven it once more: people get big arguments / fights in the chat and bring it to Shireroth. :no
When are you going to see the position that we were trying to do you all and Shireroth a favor by disallowing CJ into the country? CJMiller is either a kid with really wild extremist views or he's a troll that enjoys pissing people off for his own amusement. Possibly a combination of the two. Either way you slice it he's not exactly an ideal member of the community here. Everyone that spoke with him, and this includes some really level-headed people since apparently my and Malliki's opinions don't count, immediately disliked him and just wished he would go away. It's weird how you're turning this into a 'THE CHAT IS TEH EVIL!" argument when really it's more of a "CJ IS TEH EVIL AND SOME PEOPLE FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS ON THE CHAT!" type thing. I almost wish Erik had let him into the country just so you would all have to deal with how terrible of a person he is and I could have gotten a decent "told ya so" out of it all, but since Erik read the logs himself and made the right call, guess that's not going to happen.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Harvey Steffke wrote:I almost wish Erik had let him into the country just so you would all have to deal with how terrible of a person he is and I could have gotten a decent "told ya so" out of it all
Don't make me pull that quote on you again. :D
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

AT LEAST I WIZENED UP!

Also, the quote's probably photoshopped.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

.......really wild extremist views or he's a troll that enjoys pissing people off for his own amusement. Possibly a combination of the two.
WARNING! DEEP JACOBIAN SECRETS REVEALED BELOW! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I was accused of both, so I've got problems excluding active people.

Who among us has not at some time or other "pissed people off for his own amusement"? Especially in the olden times? Well, for some folks, the olden days are today.

What better way to civilize a so-called "troll" than to give him a stake, something worth not loosing?

(Sigh)

I landed in the Second Cyberian Civil War almost by accident. I was a resident alien in a now long-dead very civil Kingdom at the time, and wandering micronationy late in 1999.

The idea of Cyberia looked like fun, but there were a series of posts wherein a prominent and powerful old-timer (imagine that, two years made you an old-timer then) was metaphorically beating the crap out of a newbie, and no one was helping the kid. In fact, they were piling on. So I took some shots of my own, and got blasted fairly badly myself.

Well, I was called away form the computer, and when I came back, the Second War for Cyberian Liberation (aka the Phyle Rebellion) was in full bloom. The folks that had torqued me off were among the "Loyalists". The rebels were "Communists", and my sense of the absurd had yet to develop a Communist persona.

Thus was born the Emperor Jacobus, an the tale is told in full elsewhere.

Now, I'm not going to start any more ten year Civil Wars, gods willing. That is just how much picking on newbies (beyond normal acculturation) pisses me off.

(Come to think about it, the Very Olde Cyberia, perhaps that was "normal acculturation". ;) )

Look, it is no secret that I'm probably the physically oldest person here. Maybe its because I never had kids that I get overly(?)protective when "kids" get taken apart.

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

Yeah.. The "evilness" of the chat had nothing to do with this. CJMiller showed his colours in the chat, and we used the chat as a quick means of communication, it caused no strife in and of itself.

The issue is this with the chat. People are dicks sometimes. In the chat they can exchange dickishness at an increased rate compared to the slowness of forums. People who aren't even in the chat go trolling for their names so they can see what 'horrible' things are said about them. People being as they are... like to gossip, thus there is bound to be some unflattering things said. Thus, those that troll the logs get hurt feelings.

In this situations, the logs actually SAVED us from a huge argument. Well.. it was huge.. but it helped control it and in the end...end it.

The only problem with the chat is that all the people who have....more sensitive leanings, have left the chat for one reason or the other. Mostly cause they would come in alone. And those that remain are a bit crass and thick skinned. So... this makes for a very one sided atmosphere. If more people came in of the...sensitive variety, it might help balance the mood out there.

I myself feel I fall in the middle. I'm not crass and bantering..usually, but I can handle the level of banter that goes on in there. Maybe it would help if those of the bantering variety were a little more aware of their words in regard to the sensitive bunch. Neither side can really expect the other to conform to their style of behavior and personality. But they could both be a bit more accommodating of the others. Banter with those who can take it, and be a bit softer to the others. Or just leave them alone. And those others need to stop trolling the logs, and recognize that most things said in their are often in jest. That being a 'dick' and actually being a bad person aren't always the same. Some people use it has a defense mechanism, some it's just culture.

So the moral. Stop trolling logs and get in their if you want to see what said. And try to be a bit nicer to those that come in and aren't thick skinned. And before you say it Icebreaker... yes, you should learn to behave a bit more maturely in regard to others, when it is required with them.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Allot

Post by Allot »

Well said, Erik. Thank you.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

Does this mean you will join us in the chat some time?
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Return to “General Discussion”