Official Riddle Thread

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Thomas G C

Re: Stuff

Post by Thomas G C »

"We're five little objects of an everyday sort,You'll find us all in a tennis court"Vowels.

david northworthy beckfor

Re: Official Riddle Thread

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

damn! I forgot about the "a" "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

lachlanpowers

Post by lachlanpowers »

Thats pretty crafty.... there all in order too!

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Today I have not one, not two, but thirty-six riddles!Each of them is a common phrase or conversion, using initials.For example, "20000 L. under the S." would be 20000 Leagues under the Sea. "100 C in a D" would be "100 cents in a dollar". "9 J. in the A.S.C." would be "Nine justices in the American Supreme Court." Some of these are easy, others are VERY tricky. I'm curious how many the population can solve working together.1. 7 = W. of the A.W.2. 1,001 = A.N.3. 12 = S. of the Z.4. 54 = C. in a D. (with the J.)5. 9 = P. in the S.S.6. 88 = P.K.7. 13 = L in a B.D.8. 32 = D. at which W.F.9. 18 = H. on a G.C.10. 90 = D. in a R.A.11. 26 = L of the A.12. 7 = D with S.W.13. 8 = D. a W. ( in the B.S. )14. 15 = M. on a D.M.C. ( hint: Yo Ho Ho!! )15. 4 + 20 = B.B. in a P.16. 3 = S.and Y. O.17. 5 = T. on a C. ( including the S. in the T. )18. 200 = D. for P.G. in M.19. 3 = B.M. ( S.H.T.R.! )20. 4 = Q. in a G.21. 24 = H. in a D.22. 6 D. in the L.23 101 = D..24. 57 = H.V.25. 11 = P. on a F.T.26. 1,000 = W. that a P. is W.27. 29 = D. in F. in a L.Y.28. 64 = S. on a C.29. 40 = D. and N. of the G.F.30. 20 = Q. ( A., V., or M. )31. 7 = Y. of B.L. for B. a M.32. 2,000 = P. in a T.33. 4 = S. on a V.34. 76 = T. that L. the B.P.35. 2 = G. of V. (in the P. by S.)36. 1 W. on a U.

1. 7 = W. of the A.W.2. 1,001 = Arabian nights.4. 54 = Cards. in a Deck. (with the Jokers.)8. 32 = Degrees. at which Water.Freezes.14. 15 = Men. on a Dead.Mans.Chest. ( hint: Yo Ho Ho!! )20. 4 = Quarters. in a G.23 101 = Dalmations24. 57 = Heinz.Variaties.27. 29 = Days. in Feburary. in a Leap.Year.29. 40 = Days. and Nights. of the Great.Flood. "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Ruhan Zarathustra Erudinz

Post by Ruhan Zarathustra Erudinz »

Here's my .txt file of this... with proper acredidation. (And yes, some of these are blank, it means I haven't gotten them yet)I have a headache so the thinking involved started to get to me.1. 7 = W. of the A.W. | 7 Wonders of the Anicent World (from Zary)2. 1,001 = A.N. | 1,001 Arabian Nights (from Dave)3. 12 = S. of the Z. | 12 Signs of the Zodiac (from Zary)4. 54 = C. in a D. (with the J.) | 54 Cards in a Deck (with the Jokers) (from Dave)5. 9 = P. in the S.S. | 9 Planets in the Solar System (from Zary)6. 88 = P.K. | 88 Piano Keys (Full credit to the Elendorites)7. 13 = L in a B.D. | 13 Loaves in a Baker's Dozen (from Zary and the Elendorites)8. 32 = D. at which W.F. | 32 Degrees at which Water Freezes (from Dave9. 18 = H. on a G.C. | 18 Holes on a Golf Course (From Zary)10. 90 = D. in a R.A. | 90 Degress in a Right Angle (From Elendorites)11. 26 = L of the A. | 26 Letters of the Alphabet (From Zary)12. 7 = D with S.W. | 7 Dwarves with Snow White (From Zary)13. 8 = D. a W. ( in the B.S. ) | 14. 15 = M. on a D.M.C. ( hint: Yo Ho Ho!! ) | 15 Men on a Dead Man's Chest (hint: Yo Ho Ho!!)15. 4 + 20 = B.B. in a P. | 4 and 20 Black Birds (baked) in a Pie (From Zary)16. 3 = S.and Y. O. | 3 Strikes and You're Out! (From Zary)17. 5 = T. on a C. ( including the S. in the T. ) | 18. 200 = D. for P.G. in M. | 19. 3 = B.M. ( S.H.T.R.! ) | 3 Blind Mice (See How They Run!) (From Zary, with nursery rhyme remembrance of the SHTR bit from the Elendorites)20. 4 = Q. in a G. | 4 Quarters in a Game /or/ 4 Quarts in a Gallon (by Zary, with help from the Elendorites)21. 24 = H. in a D. | 24 Hours in a Day (from Zary)22. 6 D. in the L. | 23 101 = D.. | 101 Dalmations (from Dave)24. 57 = H.V. | 57 Heinz Variates (from Dave)25. 11 = P. on a F.T. | Players on a Football Team (From Zary. Mind you, it's wrong... but that's the answer)26. 1,000 = W. that a P. is W. | 1000 = Words that a Picture is Worth (From my flatmate and the Elendorites)27. 29 = D. in F. in a L.Y. | Days in Feburary in a Leap Year (from Dave)28. 64 = S. on a C. | 64 Squares on a Chessboard (From Zary)29. 40 = D. and N. of the G.F. | 40 Days and Nights of the Great Flood (from Dave)30. 20 = Q. ( A., V., or M. ) | 31. 7 = Y. of B.L. for B. a M. | 32. 2,000 = P. in a T. | 2000 Pounds in a Ton (from Zary)33. 4 = S. on a V. | 34. 76 = T. that L. the B.P. |&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 35. 2 = G. of V. (in the P. by S.) |36. 1 W. on a U. | 1 Wheel on a Unicycle (from Elendorites) "Disce quasi semper victurus; vive quasi cras moriturus"

Alexandra Decens

Post by Alexandra Decens »

3. 12 = S. of the Z. Signs of the Zodiac4. 54 = C. in a D. (with the J.) cards in a deck (with the jokers)6. 88 = P.K. piano keys17. 5 = T. on a C. ( including the S. in the T. )20. 4 = Q. in a G. quarts in a gallon 21. 24 = H. in a D. hours in a day32. 2,000 = P. in a T. pounds in a ton and i WILL figure out more......*shakes fist* I have no custom signature...oh wait...

Quote: 11 = P. on a F.T. | Players on a Football Team (From Zary. Mind you, it's wrong... but that's the answer)how is that wrong? "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

There are 11 players /on the field/ at any given time for a football team. But I've never actually heard of the team having /just/ 11 players. That'd mean they could suffer no injuries, never get a break, and would have to use the exact same group for offense, defense, punting, kicking, returning, et cetera. "Disce quasi semper victurus; vive quasi cras moriturus"

Alexandra Decens

wait...a minute...damn ezboard....i thought i posted before Zary....i came up with what i got on my own...i swear!..... I have no custom signature...oh wait...

Sure, Alex, you were just trying to steal my glory! ADMIT IT!*wields a stick of gum menacingly at Alex*I CHALLENGE YE TO A DUEL BY CHEWING GUM! "Disce quasi semper victurus; vive quasi cras moriturus"

Alexandra Decens

okey...i just need some gum .....*gum magiacally appears*....ok..back to back...3 paces...turn...and chew...*stands back to back with Zary both walk 3 paces out and turn to face eachother*....ready..........CHEW!!!!!! I have no custom signature...oh wait...

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Quote:There are 11 players /on the field/ at any given time for a football team. But I've never actually heard of the team having /just/ 11 players. That'd mean they could suffer no injuries, never get a break, and would have to use the exact same group for offense, defense, punting, kicking, returning, et cetera. It means soccer... Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'TarasLotter of the West LotGrand Duke of Lac Glacei

Which still leads to the same problems, Wombat, you'd have to sustain a total no-injuries to anyone level... and no red cards... and hope you don't get more than a yellow card or two. "Disce quasi semper victurus; vive quasi cras moriturus"

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

But only 11 players can play at once. And it's only a frickin' riddle. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'TarasLotter of the West LotGrand Duke of Lac Glacei

But the riddles most be correct or the riddle god shall curse us for all eternity to an undieing hell of bad riddles and worse puns! "Disce quasi semper victurus; vive quasi cras moriturus"

Thomas G C

Post by Thomas G C »

These are some for which I haven't noticed any answers. Sorry if someone already got these...22. 6 D. in the L. | Divisions in the league?30. 20 = Q. ( A., V., or M. ) | Questions (Animal, Vegetable or Mineral)

Scott of Hyperborea

30 is good, 22 is wrong. 22 is kind of an evil devious one that I don't expect people to get unless they can think out of the box.

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

Post by Shasta Rana Wanderlust »

31. 7 Years of Bad Luck for Breaking a Mirror Oh look, a Thing Of Beauty. Let's blow it up.--Advocate of B0O0/\/\ism : Priest of Horjin--

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

22. 6 Dukes in the Landsraad Oh look, a Thing Of Beauty. Let's blow it up.--Advocate of B0O0/\/\ism : Priest of Horjin--

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

33. 4 Strings on a Violin. Oh look, a Thing Of Beauty. Let's blow it up.--Advocate of B0O0/\/\ism : Priest of Horjin--

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

18. 200 Dollars for Passing Go in Monopoly Oh look, a Thing Of Beauty. Let's blow it up.--Advocate of B0O0/\/\ism : Priest of Horjin--

who is the god of riddles? "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Scott of Hyperborea

While you're waiting to figure out those last few:My first part wears my second part. If my first part went to a beach, he might get my third part. Put all my parts together, and millions of my first part will live in it. What am I?

Phoenix the Risen

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

w00t!Manhattan!!! Phoenix the Risen - Dutchess of Kildare - Political Nuisance but at least She gets the job done. - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig and Gryphon the Pure's Awesome Tables! - COME BACK, STEVE!!! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth"I HEARBY QUESTION THE KAISERESS AUTHORITY!" ~Gryphon Avocado (Switching Day)

Scott of Hyperborea

Indeed. Good work, Gryphon.A man and his son are driving home from a football game when they have a terrible accident. The man is taken to the emergency room for treatment and the boy is taken straight to the operating table. The surgeon comes over to the operating table, sees the boy and says " I can't operate on this patient, he's my son! How can this be? Scott of Hyperboreaaka non-Newfie Scott

Alexandra Decens

The surgeon is his mother! I have no custom signature...oh wait...

Scott of Hyperborea

I have two American coins. They total 35 cents in value. One of the coins is NOT a quarter. What are they?

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

The one that isn't a quarter is a dime.

BMajeed

Post by BMajeed »

Next please. The Sultanate of Kumarastan

Return to “General Discussion”