To S. Siskind

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

The Real Kuralyov
Location: High Throne of Antica, Palace of His Lordship Kuralyov, Aquilaria

To S. Siskind

Post by The Real Kuralyov »

AIM will probably not be convenient for me over the next day or two. Still trying to convince myself to get through some papers, it'd just be an added distraction. However I still check my email frequently, that'd be your best bet to "talk" to me.
"Kuralyov, you are a true friend and ally of the Antican people." - Delphi Augustus
"I pledge myself to the great Antican liberator Kuralyov! And Kingdom of Heaven was boring to the extreme!" - Baldwin PlantagenetJulii

The Real Kuralyov

Also, please note that I have spoken with Bill, as well as left an proposed modification to the treaty in the Landsraad Front Gate.
"Kuralyov, you are a true friend and ally of the Antican people." - Delphi Augustus
"I pledge myself to the great Antican liberator Kuralyov! And Kingdom of Heaven was boring to the extreme!" - Baldwin PlantagenetJulii

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I've emailed you.
In an effort to become untraceable, I'm not using my real name online anymore. As far as anyone these days knows, my name is "Scott Alexander". If you could address me as such, it would do much to keep the FBI off my doorstep.

The Real Kuralyov

I've emailed you back.

Have you done something the FBI should be concerned about?

Braden Indianensis
Location: Number 12 Concord Street, Nafticon, Republic of Antica

Post by Braden Indianensis »

Don't worry, Kuralyov. I believe I speak for most of us when I say that not talking to you is the least of our problems.
Antican Ambassador to Shireroth and Babkha
Former Speaker of the Assembly of the Republic of Antica
Reporter for the Antican Liberator
Elder Guard of the Order of the Vorpal Blade

The Real Kuralyov

Fortunately Scott, Bill, Foghorn, and the rest disagree with you. :angel

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

Post by Nick Foghorn Leghorn »

...and the entire Republic of Antica, it seems.
Count of Norfolk

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Let us put it this way: I have done exactly as much that the FBI should be concerned about as several of the people who were thrown into Guantanamo Bay.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

My file at the FBI must be frickin huge. :P
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Scott of Hyperborea wrote:
Let us put it this way: I have done exactly as much that the FBI should be concerned about as several of the le who were thrown into Guantanamo Bay.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sc ... gle+Search

How do you plan on covering up your name with 1) Your lifejournal on the front page, 2) Micronationalism on said front page as well? :p
Senechal Bill Trihus of Greater Audentior
Citizen of Shireroth
Zor nukrô šempi zor fredrô

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

Post by Nick Foghorn Leghorn »

you look so young in Menelmacar!
Count of Norfolk

The Real Kuralyov

Another two emails to Mr. Alexander. I especially suggest you look over the second one and tell me what you think.

Elleri Broeck

Post by Elleri Broeck »

I'm less concerned about the likes of the FBI and more about future employers.

King Alex Garagin of Hanover was once known by another name, which he reguarly used in Hanover. When applying for a job, his employer googled him, which led to one hell of an awkward job interview.

I intend to prevent such things happening to me, hence I am Elleri/Ciaron Broeck.

I totally empathize with Scott's decision!

The Real Kuralyov

It seems that Mr. Alexander and I have reached a suitable agreement, for all of you curious.

Sander

Post by Sander »

Gah, I'll never get a job...

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Oh come on this isn't such a bad hobby.
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Citizen of Shireroth
Former Scourge of Micras

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

I use Moose because it sounds cool. Besides, it's not like Michael Kelly is a rare name and anything about me will pop up in Google. Actually, there's quite a few Michael Kellys.
CENSOR'D

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

I've googled my own name, and it's more common than I thought. There's apparently a third grade teacher somewhere in the south who is quite well known, who is also named Renee Reavis (also listed as Karen Renee Reavis). The first results page is almost all about her. And then on the second page you find a Reavis high school in Illinois.

I use Renee Alyssa pretty much because I can, and because increasing my findability on google (using my own name) isn't a priority. It's even easier to find me if you search variations on "little ribbit". The top result for "little ribbit" is my AllPoetry page, and the first two results for little_ribbit are 1)my hug button from my LiveJournal profile, and 2) a comment I made to David on The Ferret's journal...in fact, further search through the three results pages reveals that I am the only little_ribbit out there, except for someone on ebay with my screen name. I garner three pages of results without even allowing google's bots to log my LJ user info page!
National Picketer
Hypatia's Mom's Daughter
M.I.A.

Return to “General Discussion”