New Name

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Hertug Gordon

New Name

Post by Hertug Gordon »

Hello, this is John Sager, Count of Comstokia and soon to be Duke of Northhold.

I am just writing to let everyone know that I have adopted my Comstokian title as my new forum name. (I don't need to have one Ezboard anymore so I decided to make the switch).

Lachlan Powers

Post by Lachlan Powers »

Are people aware that on phpBB the admins can change your usernames; you dont need to register a new account.
Chancellor of the Grand Commonwealth
Protector of the Republic of Aerlig

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

You don't need an admin to change it either. I changed my old WarVoid account to simply read as Ryan. Just edit the name in your profile.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Hertug Gordon

Post by Hertug Gordon »

oh wow thanks. Will I be able to edit it to my new name now that I have created the new name?

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Edit this one to something else and then edit your old account to the new name. That'll prevent any conflicts in the scripting.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Hertug Gordon II

Post by Hertug Gordon II »

Yeah good thinking, thanks, I've gotten in working.

Lachlan Powers

Post by Lachlan Powers »

Sometimes the admins disable people changing their own names so that they can't do corrupt things... cant think of what they are though.
Chancellor of the Grand Commonwealth
Protector of the Republic of Aerlig

Hertug Gordon II

Post by Hertug Gordon II »

Well thanks for the advice everyone. I guess ezboard, which has since turned crazy (this was long after I praised the day they showed post counts), has held me back in learning better technologies. That name change was impressive- as was the forum change.

but who cares, thanks i got a new name with the same account.

(One question about the forum change--- my new password when we came to these forums was Changeme... so could someone have logged into anyones name under Changmen and messed shit up? just a question...)

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Hertug Gordon II wrote:(One question about the forum change--- my new password when we came to these forums was Changeme... so could someone have logged into anyones name under Changmen and messed shit up? just a question...)
Unless I'm badly mistaken, no. All accounts that came over from the ezboard transition were locked by default, so you can't log in as any of them before you get an admin to unlock one.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Kaiseress Semisa I

Post by Kaiseress Semisa I »

There's actually a randomized password for every account. When people asked me for passwords, I went in and changed the randomized password to "changeme".
Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo. --St. Augustine

Return to “General Discussion”