Betting Pool for the next Shirlanian Impersonation!

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Phoenix the Risen

Betting Pool for the next Shirlanian Impersonation!

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

Bets are starting at 3 Erb a piece.Maximum amount on one bet is 25 Erb.Maximum number of bets is 3.Winners will split their winnings according to the ratios in which they betted.Current Bets:Zirandorthel-3 Erb on Eoin (Zirandorthel)Solitary Poet 8-3 Erb on Mike (Stone Jackabar)-3 Erb on Austi (Austi Scot)Phoenix the Risen-3 Erb on Tanya (Eriana Moon)-3 Erb on Chris (Krasniy Yastreb)-3 Erb on Austi (Austi Scot)Eoin (Zirandorthel)-3 Erb from ZirandorthelMike (Stone Jackabar)-3 Erb from Solitary Poet 8Austi (Austi Scot)-3 Erb from Solitary Poet 8-3 Erb from Phoenix the RisenTanya (Eriana Moon)-3 Erb from Phoenix the RisenChris (Krasniy Yastreb)-3 Erb from Phoenix the Risen Phoenix the Risen- Emissary and Counsel to Duke Gryphon the Pure of Kildare - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEthEdited by: Gryphon the Pure at: 10/27/03 12:16 pm

Gman Russell

Re: Betting Pool for the next Shirlanian Impersonation!

Post by Gman Russell »

Was the Serapheenx login a mockery of your name? If not than 3 Erb on you

Solitary Poet 8

Post by Solitary Poet 8 »

I think it was. Still deciding on who the Gryphoness login mocked, though. Thus, the flaw of 2 Gryphons! Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

3 Erb on Zirandorthel. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Solitary Poet 8

Hmm..........should I bet? After all only 28 Erb in the account.... Well, I suppose I'll go with 3 Erb on Stone and 3 Erb on Austi Scot. Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

Yankee Wolf

Post by Yankee Wolf »

ME! ME! IMPERSONATE ME!PWETTY PWEESE! I WANNA BE IMPERSONATED!*jumps up and down frantically* P.S. This is what happens when you give the Void too much sugar.

Phoenix the Risen

okay... I've decided that I'll keep the updated pool at the top... and I just realized that Austi is kinda asking for it... and there's not much from Button Willow to impersonate... soooo... for the record:3 Erb on Eriana Moon3 Erb on Krasniy Yastreb3 Erb on Austi Scot Phoenix the Risen- Emissary and Counsel to Duke Gryphon the Pure of Kildare - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

10 erb on Austi10 erb on Me,10 erbn on ErikI would want to be the one done, if only for the atention and worship... war trophy liberated from Babkha by the Federated NORworthic Liberation Devision (FNORD)

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Wait, has Phoenix the Risen allready been mocked?

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Well, I think Serapheenx was meant to be Phoenix the Risen, wasn't it? ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Phoenix the Risen

I'm pretty sure it was mocking me... as that the previous login was Gryphoness (mocking my Duke and DL)But I was honoured by it, as she did the name no injustice... Phoenix the Risen- Emissary and Counsel to Duke Gryphon the Pure of Kildare - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

Whoa, ??? I’m asking for it ???? How? Gets out the ‘what makes you think that wonder’ device – inputs ~wizzzzzzzz ….crackel ……….. pop …..nzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzHey, yet another one of these ClarkeBenFord in-Sufficiently Advanced things wants more input.According to ClarkeBenFord you mean I have either made a nuisance of myself, mocked someone a lot, made a friend, or done that very same thing to Shirlanian. Whatsup with that?This dang ClarkeBenFord in-sufficiently Advanced company – I hate being the field tester for every little idea.... and besides - Won’t Shirlanian see this thread and take bribes?

Kaiser Erik

Post by Kaiser Erik »

My statement... RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT..... Kaiser Erik of Shireroth.Duke of BrookshireNot dead yet...

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

I think we can cut out all of Austi's ramble except for the last sentence there... ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Take off all my bets then *laughs*Or consider them right and let me win

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Postcognitive betting, sounds good to me.."I'd like to bet that such and such a horse won yesterday, with 300 Erb at two thousand to one" "Why yes he did sir! What a coincidence, that's six hundred thousand Erb for you sir!" "Thank you" ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Serapheenx

Re: Gambling?

Post by Serapheenx »

Gambling? Is that what it's called?Ummm....well, it's like paying back taxes or paying back a loan.I dunno...Ha, ha Phoenix, sure, use a little innocent life for your gambling pool...sure, sure...*ahem**oooo...ooo...tummy ache*I feel another login coming on.....place your bets....

Solitary Poet 8

Re: Gambling?

Don't quite feel good about my bets now, so I'm gonna withdraw them. Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

AgapeScience

Re: Shirlan

Post by AgapeScience »

Okay. This is getting ancient and really old. So, here....I've got to try this another way. A different approach.Truth be told, here I am again. Seems to me that annoyance is avoiding this....so here we go....Okay...

Phoenix the Risen

okay... this is closed... everyone gets their money back... it was Eros Darkstar. Here is the Explanation:Quote:The ancient Greeks distinguished between three forms of love: Eros, Filios, and Agape.Eros was physical love, love of the body, desire and attraction and lust (Carnal); Filios was brotherly love, love of the mind, love for the family and for friends(Intellectual); and Agape was religious love, love of the soul, as in worship and religious devotion(Spiritual).I think the Bible mentioned those three, too.You can't really link DarkStar to science, though...unless you qualify the fact that DarkStar SF&G is the Sci-Fi club at UCSD (which is just... pushing it a little).~Caesia Vox ConsiliiHowever, in the previous incarnations, she only did allude to half the name: Gryphoness of Shirlan, THEJustBlue, ARIadnEL000, SolidaryDork, SeraPheenx, Sera SteffkeSo I shall be counting this as a rip on Eros.So everyone gets his money back!The next pool shall probably be started on Friday. Phoenix the Risen- Emissary and Counsel to Duke Gryphon the Pure of Kildare - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEthEdited by: Gryphon the Pure at: 10/27/03 9:37 pm

Mari Greenwood

Post by Mari Greenwood »

Ha HaNobody won?Geeze

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

Alternately, it could be a play on the work Agape. An agape is also someone who spreads the word of God through love... and an Agape of Science would be someone who spread science through love... or she/he/it is TRYING to be contradictory... Eros Darkstar al Sylvas ij Qel'AthasLast Son of Night"The Great are Only Great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!" -Stirner"There never was a saint with red hair" -Russian Proverb

Phoenix the Risen

Most likely... but Eros, yours is still the closest name I can find... and that's what this was about... Phoenix the Risen- Emissary and Counsel to Duke Gryphon the Pure of Kildare - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

I'll put an erb on YOU as the NEXT one. Eros Darkstar al Sylvas ij Qel'AthasLast Son of Night"The Great are Only Great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!" -Stirner"There never was a saint with red hair" -Russian Proverb

Phoenix the Risen

it will reopen on friday... sorry... and it's already AnnMarieTheOne... which most closely resembles Angelline... or WiscoGirl... but it is not an impersonation, for she has taken the name AnnMarie as her official Pseudonym. Phoenix the Risen- Emissary and Counsel to Duke Gryphon the Pure of Kildare - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth

Phoenix the Risen

okay... I will not be reopening the betting pool today as her logins are getting banned faster than we can bet. if someone else wants to start another pool, please do it in a different thread.((edited out 3\/1L reply-eating sig)) Edited by: Gryphon the Pure at: 10/31/03 5:43 pm

Return to “General Discussion”