A point of interest.

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiseress Jadie

Re: A point of interest.

Post by Kaiseress Jadie »

*blink blink*Woah!!!! That is a lot to take in. I will agree with Eros that Erik is the only person who has contributed more than the average person. He founded the country after all. As the current Kaiseress I will try to do my best to do what is right for Shireroth as a whole. In reality I have passed one decree that was brought on by this Yardistani Rebellion. So I don't know how Nick can disagree with what I am doing. I haven't had time to do anything But thank you Eros for your input on the background of Nick the Yardistani. Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

ErosDarkstar

A point of interest.

Post by ErosDarkstar »

Might I remind the populace of Nick of Yardistan? Might I remind the people, the people of this nation, who Nick wishes to rule, of what Nick will do when he rules?Right now he moans and complains about "Treason Against Shireroth" because the Kaiseress is using her rights as a dictator to make a few decrees that he doesn't agree with.If he becomes Kaiser, all he will do is make a few unpopular decrees himself. When people complain, he will call them "Traitors to Shireroth" for going against the will of the Kaiser.And in a few months, when he realizes he can't justify explaining this hobby to the real world, and reminds himself that he's too cool to hang out with a bunch of freaks on a message board (of which I am proud to be one), he will leave.He will leave without so much as "the Kaiser is Dead, long live the Kaiser". And when he inevitably comes back to visit, having been drawn back as the curse is wont to make us do, he will complain that we are all being immature.I don't know what Nick of Yardistan's problem is... what case of paper-penis-envy it is that makes him repeat this viscious circle... but I've been through it before.He continues to rant about "the contributions he's made to Shireroth". I don't care, to be honest. I am of the personal belief that the only person in this nation who has done more to help it than the average citizen is Erik Metzler himself.Nick, I ask you this: not what you have done in the past, but WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW, that makes you so destined to rule us all? And I don't want to hear about a bloodline. The only thing a bloodline does is make it a monarchy. We have an heir system, and that's the same thing.Raving about noble blood is the same thing as raving about the citizen's rights in a dictatorship: you have none, get used to it. In fact, in micronationalism, you have one right that real people in real nations don't:You can leave at any time. Eros Darkstar al Sylvas ij Qel'AthasLast Son of Night"The Great are Only Great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!" -Stirner"There never was a saint with red hair" -Russian Proverb

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

*points at previous post*Yardistan does take over about once a year. It's inevitable. And we're due. Mog has been (dead?) gone for about, well, a year now. If anything, Nick owes it to us to take over the nation. As I said somewhere else... it's a grand tradition. Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

UEC

Post by UEC »

Or at least try....to take over...OK.. people.. Chill. this is just a standard shirerithian Civil Rec-War... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Now wait a second now, we're not actually taking this revolt seriously now, are we? If Nick actually meant this stuff that would take all the fun out of it. Edited by: Scott Siskind  at: 9/24/03 8:42 am

Kaiseress Jadie

*knows this*I just like being over-dramatic...but if Nick decides to seriously take over Shireroth...then well I will be prepared won't I? Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

UEC

Post by UEC »

Yardistan in control again.. scary.. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Scott Alexander

You're sure this is a recwar? It kinda looks like some very real things are happening because of it. Since everything is but an apparition, having nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection, one may well burst out in laughter. - Longchenpa

UEC

Post by UEC »

Which is indeed starting to consern me... I think Brookshire might be moving toward a nuetral stance in this war... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

*laughs*I know it's a recwar, but much like everyone here, I enjoy overdramatic statements If this were real I would not be voting in the Landsraad right now or still in control of BAM *shrugs*

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

All drama aside, I'm trying to take over the nation. I really don't have any reason for wanting to do so. I just want to.I am Yardistani. That is what I do. -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

UEC

Post by UEC »

....yes... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

And I am MoMA... stopping rebellions is what I do....OOH! DONUT! *gobble*

UEC

Post by UEC »

This is true.. Mr Policeman.. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I'm not a policeman!*he says with a stuffed full mouth**swallows*I'm an over-glorified policeman!anyone got any coffee?*pictures his waistline expanding like the nutty professor, and as a mustache and shaved bald head appears**shudders*No more donuts for me....

UEC

Post by UEC »

Lol.. that amuses me.. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I just can't wait until I pull over a hot girl for speeding...*grins*what?!ok ok... *laughs*

UEC

Post by UEC »

......riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

*Still in the form on a purple kangaroo with blue polka dots*Now kids lets all play nice... That's better.Anyway, as a new comer I have to say this place needed some stirring up and it is all in good fun.

Gryphon Avocatio

And now, to begin a debate:Quote:Might I remind the populace of Nick of Yardistan? Might I remind the people, the people of this nation, who Nick wishes to rule, of what Nick will do when he rules?How should you know, Eros, of my plans for this nation? You do not know me well at all.Quote:Right now he moans and complains about "Treason Against Shireroth" because the Kaiseress is using her rights as a dictator to make a few decrees that he doesn't agree with.If he becomes Kaiser, all he will do is make a few unpopular decrees himself. When people complain, he will call them "Traitors to Shireroth" for going against the will of the Kaiser. Actually, the first bit you speak of is just me making noise. I really don't have a problem with Jadie's policies. I am merely doing that which I do, cause trouble. And, along with that I am trying to reach a goal. Mine happens to be the Kaisership.The second part? I would not call anybody who disagrees with me a traitor to shireroth. But the rest can all be successfully argued on a case to case basis. How do you know you might not like some of what I want to do?Quote:And in a few months, when he realizes he can't justify explaining this hobby to the real world, and reminds himself that he's too cool to hang out with a bunch of freaks on a message board (of which I am proud to be one), he will leave.He will leave without so much as "the Kaiser is Dead, long live the Kaiser". And when he inevitably comes back to visit, having been drawn back as the curse is wont to make us do, he will complain that we are all being immature.Quois? Where did that come from? If you are refering to when I left after being steward, that only happened once. I left because I was thoroughly disatisfied with the direction Micronations as a whole were headed, as well as a myriad of personal reasons. And why do I have to come back to complain about you being immature. To be frank, you are all overreacting.Quote:I don't know what Nick of Yardistan's problem is... what case of paper-penis-envy it is that makes him repeat this viscious circle... but I've been through it before.Really? When?Quote:He continues to rant about "the contributions he's made to Shireroth". I don't care, to be honest. I am of the personal belief that the only person in this nation who has done more to help it than the average citizen is Erik Metzler himself.Yeah, Erik does have a bit of an advantage being the founder and the only kaiser for a LONG time. Most of my ranting about the bloodline was noise anyway. The post justifying my position is long-lost--I knew I could never back it up if it came down to it (unless Erik would testify on my behalf). I have done quite a bit here, not nearly as much as Erik, but I willingly admit that.Quote:Nick, I ask you this: not what you have done in the past, but WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW, that makes you so destined to rule us all? And I don't want to hear about a bloodline. The only thing a bloodline does is make it a monarchy. We have an heir system, and that's the same thing.Wjat am I doing right now? I'm trying to overthrow the Kaiser so that I may take a position that I believe is rightfully mine. I want to rule the nation. I want to lead. I want to try new things.Quote:Raving about noble blood is the same thing as raving about the citizen's rights in a dictatorship: you have none, get used to it.How's that?Quote:In fact, in micronationalism, you have one right that real people in real nations don't:You can leave at any time. Why should I leave? I enjoy it here. I would not want to be the leader of this place if I didn't likeit. -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

~ stands on the sidelines with the kittens, the Dalmatians, and the Novi Dalmacija rugby team looking at those planes and everything- wishing Duke Gryphon the Pure had given me permission to rain cats and dogs~

UEC

Post by UEC »

Waiiiit.....*thinks*Kaiser Letifer I... made a decree.. before he split... that cleaned out the Line of Succession... leaving basicly only me... (this was so no one could pop up and claim the throne while I did plot stuff..hehe the whole return of the King thing with RAynor...).. meaning.. Nick... You are not in the Line of Succession.... It doesn't exsist anymore... it broke down before Letifer.. and he got rid of it.. and we switch FULLY to the Heir System.. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gryphon Avocatio

Um...do I care?Metzler Said I ws to be Kaiser. James ignored that fact before Gaelan.Wait, does that mean I'm vengeful? -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

Yardistani Annexation Cor

Post by Yardistani Annexation Cor »

Well. It would seem that Eros is conveniently ignoring Nick's rebuttal. Well than.*Annexes Nick's Rebuttal* Submit to the Y.A.C.!

ErosDarkstar

Post by ErosDarkstar »

That's what I was waiting for To be honest, I believe that both myself and Nick have said our pieces. I really don't have any more to say about it. If Nick does, he's welcome to, of course. Eros Darkstar al Sylvas ij Qel'AthasLast Son of Night"The Great are Only Great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!" -Stirner"There never was a saint with red hair" -Russian Proverb

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

The date on this thread lies.. so I shall make it tell the truth! Erik Mortis BrookshirePrætor of ShirerothDuke of Brookshire

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Nice name man. Alot more formal as well. I just wonder if the "Mortis" is from, "riga mortis" (spelling?) as in, dead, stiff limbs

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

Mortis is the genitive (possessive) of the Latin word Mors, meaning DEATH!!!His name means litterally "Erik Brookshire of Death" (or if you want to stretch it using the locative place from which construction, "Erik from Death's Brookshire" or "Erik from Brookshire in Death", the latter of which suggests that Erik will die before giving up brookshire) Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

Kaiseress Jadie

*shrugs*It will mean something like that..... Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of Shireroth

Scott Alexander

In other words, we have a new person to vote for in the Praetor election. Since everything is but an apparition, having nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection, one may well burst out in laughter. - Longchenpa

Return to “General Discussion”