Fuck the RIAA

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

UEC

Fuck the RIAA

Post by UEC »

http://www.eff.org/share/petition/Sorry.. My real Political moment of the year.... But yes.. Fuck the RIAA! E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Gryphon Avocatio

Re: Fuck the RIAA

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Because most (if not all) of us are broke students!! -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

HIH Noseworthy

Post by HIH Noseworthy »

Renounce your US citizenship and move to Canada - it's legal to download music up here for personal use since we have to pay a special levy, which goes to the music industry, on all recordable media (CDs and tapes).

Yardistani Annexation Cor

Post by Yardistani Annexation Cor »

Well...we don't pay a tax...and nobody should have to...musicians should get fair compensation for their work, and the RIAA should not be trying to make money for themselves. They should be trying to make money for the artists. Submit to the Y.A.C.!

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

We have value added tax (VAT) that you pay to the government on everything but baby clothes, that's the sole exception, baby clothes and shoes. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

VAT's ridiculously high, if I remember correctly... -Gryphon Avocatio- Anarch and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen.

UEC

Post by UEC »

I don't mind paying the musicians.. I'm against the RIAA, it's Big Brother/Big Bussiness approach and it's evil means... I mean.. FUCK.. They can (if I recall right) simply go to an ISP and say.. "Give us ALL your records".. and look for what they want... they don't have to say.. "We want the records for this person, from here till there..."That's not right.. not right at ALL! E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Return to “General Discussion”