Concerning the MCS

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Stone Jackabar

Re: Concerning the MCS

Post by Stone Jackabar »

methinks erik will be greatly apperciative......he'll have more time during the school year...... YAY!!! we're doooomed!!!!!!

Ryan

Concerning the MCS

Post by Ryan »

I had a rather weird little thought today about the MCS while at work today.Since the MCS is no longer hosted by it's destructor, Delvenus, and I doubt anyone wants to have it hosted again. Why not make it part of the Apollo Foundation and have the Foundation itself host the MCS?It's neutral, it's unaffiliated, ain't noone but me in my Duschian moods swings ever gonna annex it, and even then it only lasts about three days... So, why not?And seeing as Scott and Erik are real low on time, Troy disappeared (nothing new there...) and Beckford is just sitting around on his hands (again, nothing new there...), I could contribute to it. I got my new comp now, along with PSP, Adobe, and plenty of hosting space.A lot of nations depend on it, including the PRH now, and i'd rather not see it die. Especially like this.

TonerMan

Post by TonerMan »

Well.. Delvenus was a good choice till Mari went paranoid moved the nation and led to the destruction of the Headquarters...I'm trying to restore Delvenus, when I do that it will go to the Foundation. (the original board, not the nation)I keep this under consideration.. Holy Warrior of Nee

Harvey the Blue

Post by Harvey the Blue »

Assuming the MCS office at Delvenus is restored, we should move it as soon as we can. We will move the posts ourselves if need be.Getting the MCS off of Delvenus and someplace where MCS workers have some say on if the forum gets deleted seems like the only safe option. Harvey SteffkeJadie's Lesser HalfSaves the worldProud bearer of the Shirerothian Silver Sword Award and Imperial Star

TonerMan

Post by TonerMan »

I used to think we had that say...... Bloody Delvenusians... To think I used to like that nation.. Holy Warrior of Nee

Mari Greenwood

Post by Mari Greenwood »

Enough is enough!It is bad enough I felt that I had to move the nation. It sucks that someone deleted MCS.But there is a copy of it. You told me yourself Erik that you were getting the board restored. So what is the problem?And I suppose if you want me out of shireroth you will kick me out.I am tired of the bickering and your unjustified calls for vengence. You think we enjoyed moving? You think we enjoyed having months of work destroyed for Fax's ammusment?If we can move on I suggest you do. "May The Hasha Be With You!"

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Well, whatever you guys decide is fine with me. I still have the old Foundation (bantya) forums hanging around. Plus the PRH is going Gold this fall if you don't want ads. But it's up to you guys in the end. Just let me know.

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

Quote:Troy disappeared (nothing new there...) actually, after the second .. or was it the first...of the maps made by the MCS requts (sp?), it was decided by Erik that ebcause of the wa we handled the working of the map, that Troy and Sirithal would be let go(at least, that's how I remember it)Quote:and Beckford is just sitting around on his hands (again, nothing new there...)yesI have, i have been doing absolutly nothing with my time.or...maybe..maybe the reason I have not come out with an update yet is because I am BUSY?*points at work..points at the old family home that I am supposed to be buying which keeps getting robbed...points at lawers...points atpreaching work that I am suposed to do, but dont because I never get chance, so I will probably die at armagedon...points at family who I hardly speak to, though they live in the same house....my grandparents are my parents they's days, on sunday, itis there wedding aniversery...I will say good bye to them in the morning, then goodnight when I come back from work. I wont have chance to do any more then that. Simark's BlogspotDavid I Eric Vivian Northorthy Beckford KGC OHDafitt Erick Wiffjan Nurtbefoon BergsdrumfortChunchos CuriataoKing of the Royal Court of Middarthian Derby,King of Northworthy, Earl of Wessex, Puritania; Governer of Saksenlant, cranda;;High Priest of Oten, of the Nor-Krantism Pagen Faith.Speaker of the Tynwald, Puritania.MCS & Delvenusian cartographerSlobovian GrossadmiralSLOBOWIEN ÃœBER ALLES!!! SLOBOWIEN ÃœBER ALLES IN DER WELT!!!

TonerMan

Post by TonerMan »

He didn't fucking do it for his amusment, when will you get it through you stubborn scull?!As for the MCS... It's the Foundations now, Since David quite, and I have niether urge nor time to work on it. I retain my Editorship, and ownership of the map for purposes of if it goes stagnent again.So.. Yeah, you can have it.. otherwise, I'm shutting it down, perminently. Holy Warrior of Nee

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

CoolI got my new comp hooked up and should be able to whip some stuff together this weekend. I'll add in Copyright tags to all the materials, including the maps and any webpages I put up.I do, however, need to know where the current maps are stored, so I can download hard copies to my HD for editing purposes. (i.e. the political map, physical map, resource map)

Mezzastromix

Post by Mezzastromix »

I had a breakthrough! I had a breakthrough! ((Sings))Finally, I'd like to add one thing: if you're going to call this the republic of delvenus, I'd suggest you do a few things: get rid of those rank symbols you have, change the colors, the flag, the name, the titles of offices, the shape of your territory, the images, and delete all the forums that were created by me (states, council, constitutional committee, Convention center, NEWS, GWEMS, Bank of Delvenus, et al.). You may be asking why. In fact, you probably are asking why. The reason is because I have intellectual copyright to the whole damn thing.:D :D :D Shapeshifter Extraordinaire, and Emissary of Fax Celestis

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

1. Fax, be less of a jerk.2. The MCS oughtn't to go to the Apollo Foundation because that will increase rumors that it's Apollonian which will increase stupid knee-jerk reactions from crazies who don't want to be on anything associated with the Apollo Sector in any way, who might then leave the map. Wouldn't be the first time.3. Erik, you're sure you have to resign? Gah.4. Would you people get over this Delvenus thing already? Since everything is but an apparition, having nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection, one may well burst out in laughter. - Longchenpa

TonerMan

Post by TonerMan »

I think Fax is being sarcastic...I'm not resigning..And you accually have a point about the Apollo thing.I tihnk I might simply shut the entire opperation down... I shoulnd't have bothered bringing it back. PEople made it sound like they wanted it, and would accually help, but when the times came for that help to be given, None was really. So I think I'll just shut it down. CAll it a success in it's time. And let people someday punch themselves when they realize what they could have had....(ego moment)... Holy Warrior of Nee

to view the maps, go to the delvenus museum/mcs board, and goto the mcs part of it....see the first post in the "the maps..." threadonce I have less things on my plate, and certain people *points at everyone in micronations* stop annoying me, I will ask to came back..wether you accept me back is upto you ..*points at whoever will be incharge of mcs at that itime* David I Eric Vivian Northorthy Beckford KGCS KL OHDafitt Erick Wiffjan Nurtbefoon Bergsdrumfort"It's a dull man who can only find one way to spell a word"(Mark Twain)

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Bah! I spent the whole day writing up stuff to take care of the whole thing!*throws papers out the window*

Harvey the Blue

Post by Harvey the Blue »

Erik, I wanted to join and help, but you told me flately that there was no way in the PRH I would ever be allowed to join. A paraphrase at best, but the point is there. So do not blame me for not helping.Scott, we cannot just "get over this Delvenus thing already" when people just keep causing trouble. Harvey SteffkeJadie's Lesser HalfSaves the worldProud bearer of the Shirerothian Silver Sword Award and Imperial Star

UEC

Post by UEC »

It was a lil more tact than that. My reason was that I want to recruit more.. newish people so they could take over from me. This looked like it was about to happen.. but didn't... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

RicLyon

MCS then...

Post by RicLyon »

What concerns me is what is going to happen with the MCS now_ Will it be Apollo Foundation. I\d do almost anything to see it going, I don\t want it dead.The MCS has several member nations, the organization needs a forum somewhere. If not the new Delvenus forum, then where_ Old Delvenus_ Well it couyld be transformed to a completely new MCS forum, but I\d like to recommend another member state like perhaps RNK (if they still are on after that Baracao thingie) or Cranda... I don\t know really.

UEC

Re: MCS then...

Post by UEC »

Why bother? I get the feeling that all I ever get is derision from people. and it's been dead recently. No new members that I know of. No one seems to ever really use the map.... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Noviykrazniystan, Xandelare, Trian and another nation made claims recently.Not to mention Treesia, Shireroth, the PRH and plenty of other rely on it for cartograhical reasons.If you're going to kill it, then what difference does it make if it goes to the Foundation? At least as part of the Foundation, it would be politically unaffiliated, like it kinda was at Delvenus.Besides, i'd still uphold the same MCS policies as before. Only things i'd possibly change would be to add some more copy & paste forms, maybe add a mailing list like for the Skyline, and possibly divide the maps up into quarter sections (in addition to the complete map) for ppl with slow servers.If Ric wants to help, maybe he can be an employee with me.

a few peple are joining the map, so many tht we have to make more coloursif the mcs need me, i will rejoin, Iwill take it over rather then see it deadI had almost completed the last update...but I deleted it and all the notes I hade made when was having a bad day...... David I Eric Vivian Northorthy Beckford KGCS KL OHDafitt Erick Wiffjan Nurtbefoon Bergsdrumfort"It's a dull man who can only find one way to spell a word"(Mark Twain)

Mercurivs

Post by Mercurivs »

It would be a shame to see intermicronational cartography end on this sort of note, and the recent efforts of a number of people, to put it bluntly, wasted.Perhaps it needs a new start, rather like what has now been achieved with the economics situation.Here's a suggestion for y'all: following what's happened it seems that the only place for any sort of cartographical organisation is a completely neutral board, but preferably one that everyone can find easily. I will therefore offer the use of a board at Micronations.Net, whether it's for the MCS or a successor organisation.If it is a successor organisation, but one which still used MCS maps as a basis for its own, it could be used as a further stimulus for micronational economics and in particular PHP MicroXchange. For example - member nations would pay the organisation a fee to be on the Map, and the organisation would pay both rent to Micronations.Net and royalties for the use of MCS Maps to the MCS creators.I hope that's a pragmatic and practical suggestion for resolving this situation. :)

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I like that idea better than hosting it with the Foundation or Treesia.

I would support such a move David I Eric Vivian Northorthy Beckford KGCS KL OHDafitt Erick Wiffjan Nurtbefoon Bergsdrumfort"It's a dull man who can only find one way to spell a word"(Mark Twain)

UEC

Post by UEC »

....I could always MAKE a new board for it.... And give admin to someone to run the organization. and just stay on as Editor or.. owner like I do now.... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Yeah, except when that forum runs off it's trial it'll revert to a stinky ad-filled crappy ezboard.And you can always be given mod powers at an MNN forum.

UEC

Post by UEC »

After when happend in Delvenus... I rather the MCS have it's own Board, were IT controlled things... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Fine then, you create a board, pay for the Gold, and i'll do all the maps, mailing and hosting work.

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

I like the Idea of taxing nations for being on the map... that would make use of our voluntary tax fund... since we don't need any more in our chest currently... Raised by a family of Griffins in the forests of Llanowar, this young mage is rumored to be the sole male born of the Serra tribe.

UEC

Post by UEC »

Shireroth doesn't own/run the MCS.... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Return to “General Discussion”