Art contest: Coat of Arms/Coins.

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

UEC

Art contest: Coat of Arms/Coins.

Post by UEC »

I present this challange to artists. 1. Make Coat of Arms for Shireroth. Specifically for the Kaiser(in general, not just the current Kaiseresss)And/Or2. Design a 1 sided coin which I could carve into Wax or such. Generally, what the coins shall look like when we mint them. Simple would be nice...Let is begin! E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Thomas G C

Re: Art contest: Coat of Arms/Coins.

Post by Thomas G C »

Alright, do we have free reign on what you get on your coat of arms, or would you like to give any suggestions? Don't forget a motto, too!Should have someting ready for you by the weekend. :) Read CITIZENIn Hanover,His Grace Thomas, Duke of Brunswick, Lord Chancellor, Minister of State, KCOA, OH

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

A inscription: "L'EMPIRE LYONNAIS" Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

UEC

Post by UEC »

I'm allowing free reign. But remember, it needs to reflect the cultur/nation/history(pick one or more..hehe) of shireroth. But have fun.As for a motto. either.. none.. or something in latin or English (and I want the translation). This'll proly end up being put on the coins, so yeah... heheAnd as a prize the winner may recieve one of the first coins when they are minted, if we can get that far... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Thomas G C

Post by Thomas G C »

http://www.geocities.com/tom_cut...reroth.gifIt's Geocities, I'm afraid, so you need to do that thing. Feel free to put it on your own server.The blazon, as far as I can translate it, is:Crest: An English bear's head proper atop a helm Grey trimmed Gules and Or.Supporters: Supported dexter and sinister by eagles proper clawed and beaked Or grasping samurai swords proper crossed before the helm.Shield: Yellow a tree proper rooted in a Royal Crown Or encrusted with rubies, wreathed Gules and Or.The motto is "fides per amicitiam" - Loyalty through Friendship.I'll describe the symbolism from the top down.The bear's head is meant to symbolise Shireroth's sylvan nature, as well as power and empire. This symbol is borrowed from one of the world's largest empires - Russia.The eagles also symbolise empire - this time borrowed from Germany and the Holy Roman Empire. The crossed samurai swords are a reference to the Duchy of Brookshire, the Kaiser's persoal duchy.The tree represents the slow growth, evolution and enduring power of Shireroth. The tree is rooted in the crown, symbolising the nations strong ties to its ruling dynasty and the supporting influence of the Kaisers. Read CITIZENIn Hanover,His Grace Thomas, Duke of Brunswick, Lord Chancellor, Minister of State, KCOA, OH

UEC

Post by UEC »

That's damn cool..How DID you make that? It looks so... professional... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

dood is thomas a cit?if not he deserves to be accepted for that YAY!!! we're doooomed!!!!!!

Harvey the Blue

Post by Harvey the Blue »

Thomas is not a citizen, but if his work impresses you so much, perhaps honorary citizenship is in order? That is, if he does not want to become a full citizen. *nudge nudge*But yes, very professional. Strikingly professional, in fact. Harvey SteffkeJadie's Lesser HalfSaves the worldProud bearer of the Shirerothian Silver Sword Award and Imperial Star

Thomas G C

Post by Thomas G C »

Thanks folks: I try my best.It's not hand drawn, I'm afraid - but it's not made in a special heraldry programme, so there is some skill and effort involved. About an hour in Paint and Microsoft Vision modifying and combining art from this website].I'm not a citizen and I can't become one - I've got Treesian, Hanoverian and Ascalonian citizenship already - and possibly some others I've forgotten. I wouldn't be averse to any honours or showers of wealth you might wish to bestow, though. Read CITIZENIn Hanover,His Grace Thomas, Duke of Brunswick, Lord Chancellor, Minister of State, KCOA, OHEdited by: Thomas G C at: 7/18/03 7:58 am

UEC

Post by UEC »

Heraldry Program? where? donde? E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Thomas G C

Post by Thomas G C »

I said it's not[/i] made in a special heraldry programme, but I now such things exist. I suspect you have to pay for them, though, I'm afraid. Try amazon or something, if you want, I don't know. Read CITIZENIn Hanover,His Grace Thomas, Duke of Brunswick, Lord Chancellor, Minister of State, KCOA, OH

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Great one Thomas :-) Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

UEC

Post by UEC »

oops sorry.. misssed the "not".. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Mattlore Devious

Post by Mattlore Devious »

Yeah, I think Ascalon has bought one, or wants one or something...

Thomas G C

Post by Thomas G C »

They should just commission me instead! Much cheaper!Anyway, speaking of Ascalon and on a related subject, I was approached ages ago by one of your female nobles (Elizabeth Chatham, whatever her title is) who invited me into the Company of Artists (or whatever it is, I can't remember the details). Anyway, all I had to do was get Freedom of the City of Koronia, but in the recent batch I was apparant refused it. How about using your Prime Ministerial influence to get a favourable decision next time around? :)And also, BTW, that Anne Perry is a liability to your government... Read CITIZENIn Hanover,His Grace Thomas, Duke of Brunswick, Lord Chancellor, Minister of State, KCOA, OH

UEC

Post by UEC »

Ack!.. Foreign politics! E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Mattlore Devious

Post by Mattlore Devious »

Heh, whats your beef with Anne? She has done a great job in the cabinet and is one of our most respected members...*cough* anyhu...wern't we talking about an art contest

Timothy Nehen

Post by Timothy Nehen »

Here, here Mr. Prime Minister!I think most Ascalonians would agree that you made a very wise choice when you nominated Ms. Perry for the Home Office.Timothy Nehen

TonerMan

Post by TonerMan »

Who? Wondering Nomad

Thomas G C

Post by Thomas G C »

Yeah, the art contest. Don't I get some kind of prize? Read CITIZENIn Hanover,His Grace Thomas, Duke of Brunswick, Lord Chancellor, Minister of State, KCOA, OH

TonerMan

Post by TonerMan »

Eventually... If we can make a few coins... We'll try to get one to you... Wondering Nomad

Thomas G C

Post by Thomas G C »

Cool - a collector's item! Read CITIZENIn Hanover,His Grace Thomas, Duke of Brunswick, Lord Chancellor, Minister of State, KCOA, OH

Return to “General Discussion”