New constitution discussion.

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiseress Aure I

New constitution discussion.

Post by Kaiseress Aure I »

I'd like to know if there are any specific things that people would like to see in the new constitution. Post your ideas in here, I'll take everything into consideration :) May the hasha be with you
Never let sense conquer nonsense - Quixy, the God of Madness
I'm just a person trapped inside a woman's body. Elaine Boosler

Thomas G C

Re: New constitution discussion.

Post by Thomas G C »

A specific clause allowing noble titles to be given to non-citizens!A section defining the line of succession of the Kaiser - since it all seems to be rather confused in Shireroth at the moment. Read CITIZENIn Hanover,His Grace Thomas, Duke of Brunswick, Lord Chancellor, Minister of State, KCOA, OH

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I believe we need a constitution that allows peasents (or peons if like me you prefer to call us that;)) to vote in the landsraad... It would cut down the number of inactive duchies and baronies (of which we are plagued with) and give all citizens a fair voice we currently don't get.Besides, would it really make that big of a difference? Shireroth only has like 4-5 Peons anyway...

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Personally, I would like to see the Landsraad opened to all citizens as a direct democracy. With an appointed (by the Kaiseress) speaker to handle the opening of voting threads, their closure and archival.It would certainly speed up the time it takes to get anything done in the Landsraad, which is becoming scarily reminiscient of LoSS voting procedures...

Harvey the Blue

Post by Harvey the Blue »

A Bill of Rights?*runs from angry mob* Harvey SteffkeJadie's Lesser HalfSaves the worldProud bearer of the Shirerothian Silver Sword Award and Imperial Star

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

There's going to be a new constitution?Obviously I missed something...where can I find the thread on this?

Harvey the Blue

You are looking at it,

Kaiseress Aure I

Re: Re: New constitution discussion.

Scott, I'm hatching it... And for a big thing like a constitution, one mind brainstorming is not enough. May the hasha be with you

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

I dont think the Landsrad should be opened upfor most of europes history, forigners could be inline for the throne.this was a source of much political schemingmaybe you could allow this? - - - I will Be Kiaser of Shireroth by july 19th 2004And YOU will help me. "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."David I Northworthy Beckford KGCS KL KGC OHKing of the Royal Court of Middarthian-Derby, King of Northworthy, Earl of Peartree-Negril, König von Lotharingien

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

wait... are you a foreigner?

ummm............maybe....... - - - I will Be Kiaser of Shireroth by july 19th 2004And YOU will help me. "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."David I Northworthy Beckford KGCS KL KGC OHKing of the Royal Court of Middarthian-Derby, King of Northworthy, Earl of Peartree-Negril, König von Lotharingien

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

*rolls eyes*Why not just become a stinkin' citizen?! It's not that hard yet!

but I cant give up my citizenships in Northworthy, Cranda or Sloboviaand i want to do my bit to keep Delvenus and OAM going..unless there is a change in law, I cant be a citizen here.even if I was a citizen, I would still have made the sugestion I did. - - - I will Be Kiaser of Shireroth by july 19th 2004And YOU will help me. "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."David I Northworthy Beckford KGCS KL KGC OHKing of the Royal Court of Middarthian-Derby, King of Northworthy, Earl of Peartree-Negril, König von Lotharingien

UEC

Post by UEC »

If the Landsraad is opened to non-nobles.. it would become a DD. and the Nation would collapse in months. It's that simple. Shireroth should NEVER be a DD.The Line of Succession is mentioned in the current one.The System is fine. It's just the people..... As ussual... Oust Fest anyone? E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

what IS the line of sucesssion anyway? YAY!!! we're doooomed!!!!!!

Mari Greenwood

Post by Mari Greenwood »

May I suggest a peoples forum.And if the people by a majority find an issue worth voting for and agreeing upon in a majority. Then the suggestion shall be forwarded to the Lanstradd for consideration and vote. "May The Hasha Be With You!"

Harvey the Blue

Mari, I do believe that is the point of this forum Harvey SteffkeJadie's Lesser HalfSaves the worldProud bearer of the Shirerothian Silver Sword Award and Imperial Star

UEC

Post by UEC »

Exactly. The Front Gate is like a well.. Literal front gate of the Landsraad, Non-Nobles can tack up ideas, and issues for nobles to look at. Also a non-Noble should be talking to their noble about what they think should be discussed, and what their view on an issue is. So it's not the fault of nobles if no one is telling them what they want. I know Ari told me about some concerns he was having with the Holdings Act, to me, Which I than presented. (Or at least some of them, I think I missed one...must go check that...)But I shall say this again, A DD will destroy this nation, and against the traditions of this nation. We shoulnd't be trying to be like every other tin-pot nation out their with a DD for their mob to rule in. We should preserve our traditions and heritage; Our Culture. We don't want to become just another junk nation do we? As Kaiser my goals for the nation were simple. To survive, and to maintain our unique culture. (Hey, cool.. I'm conservative... or at least the Shireroth version.....hehe...neato...) E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Mezzastromix

Post by Mezzastromix »

Stupid stupid stupid.If our current (evolving) government has worked for three years, why should we change it now on a whim? Think: what kinds of micronations in general have succeeded? Dictatorships. Baracao, Attera, Delvenus, Shireroth, and Babkha are all good examples of that.Menelmacar is a good example of what's wrong with direct democracy. People in general are stupid. People in large groups are dumber. I swear on everything I find holy and right, if a new constitution is made, I will revolt (with others) to bring back the true Shireroth.If you don't like Shireroth the way it is, you shouldn't call yourself a Shirithian. Shapeshifter Extraordinaire, and Emissary of Fax Celestis

UEC

Post by UEC »

err.. Fax my friend... calm... calm..... Talk now... THreaten later.... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

i'd revolt with him....and make a trail of mangos to the crown to make erik take it up if i had to YAY!!! we're doooomed!!!!!!

UEC

Post by UEC »

What if I don't want it? E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Kaiseress Aure I

*rolls eyes*Geeze you guys! Why can't you just calmly say that we don't want a new constitution for the following reasons and blah blah blah. No... You have to start threatening me with a revolution against a constitution which isn't even a work in progress and probably is never going to be! I just don't get it! I ask for your opinion and what I get in return is threats and bitterness!! May the hasha be with you

UEC

Post by UEC »

Well.. Not bitterness... It's our way... I told you that Shireroth had rebellions every now and again... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Kaiseress Aure I

Of course it's your way ... How could I forget? May the hasha be with you

UEC

Post by UEC »

What's that supposed to mean? E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

If I may say something...The Kaiseress here is trying to do something, change the nation unto the better. You can't expect to have everything the way it was before, under no circumstances. All things, including Shireroth, must change. And if you can't change it to the better it will only chnage to the worse. If nothing happens, Shireorth will change to the worse. Have faith in her.Do not threaten with rebellions or such. That's just lame, so lame. Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Ok, first of all I didn't know that forum existed for that reason, and no one told me what that forum did so I had no reason to go there...*heads off to that forum to argue with the landsr-hehe...to post my opinion on the landsraad*:)

Thomas G C

Post by Thomas G C »

Quote:I ask for your opinion and what I get in return is threats and bitterness!!Ahem. Us friendly foreigners gave polite and helpful suggestions! Isn't that right, Dave? No bitterness here. Read CITIZENIn Hanover,His Grace Thomas, Duke of Brunswick, Lord Chancellor, Minister of State, KCOA, OH

Harvey the Blue

Quote:If you don't like Shireroth the way it is, you shouldn't call yourself a Shirithian. I do not call myself a Shirithian! I call myself a Shirerothian!Our ladyship desires to make our constitution into a larger document in order to put our nation's processes into more detailed wording for the future generations. She wishes for us to give suggestions on the problems we see so that she may correct them in the document.However, she does NOT ask for any sort of government change! To you that say that the nation is being destroyed for no apparent reason: find where she says this! It is not the Kaiseress that suggests government change but the citizens responding to this call!In the spirit of the reason this thread was created, I suggest we all look at how Shireroth runs today and try to find a few minor glitches that can be fixed in the new constitution. Harvey SteffkeJadie's Lesser HalfSaves the worldProud bearer of the Shirerothian Silver Sword Award and Imperial Star

Return to “General Discussion”