Ender's Game!

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kuralyov

Ender's Game!

Post by Kuralyov »

Anyone else here read that series (Mainly Ender's Game, Ende's Shadow, and Shadow of the Hegemon)? That has a Hegemony and a Hegemon and a Strategos and stuff like that. .. not really important, but WTF. Long Live the Revolution!KuralyovMember of the Free Citizen's Party Consul of the RepublicThe Free RepublicCitizen of MachiavelliaAssistant for RA2 TurtleDove ModCzech Out My Website Here!Fan of "Pokey the Penguin"Pokey the Penguin Rulz!

Scott Alexander

Re: Ender's Game!

Post by Scott Alexander »

Actually, I think all of us have...and stop giving away our sources for ideas! "The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time. " - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

PrinceEdwardI

Post by PrinceEdwardI »

Yeah, the Hegemon is Peter reborn, and UEC would make a great Ender ;)Card, and long, boring greek translations in college, are two of the places Jason and I got some of the ideas from.Regards,Edward ConwayStrategos

Stjepan Aracic

Post by Stjepan Aracic »

I read much...but never that... Who are you?Man condemned to shine a salvationthroughout the centuries...Why?Was the wine of the grailtoo sour for man to drink?The Carpenter, Carved his anchoron the dying souls of mankind.On the tomb of this unknown soldier,Lay the tools of the onewho for us has died...Tools of the carpenter...-Nightwish - The CarpenterWelcome to Dying...

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I have the book, but never got around to reading it.I'm into Harry Turtledove at the moment. Ryan D. CarusoPresident-General of the Nautilus Free StateICQ # 73438757The Last Hellspawn

Stjepan Aracic

Post by Stjepan Aracic »

Where the hell is my H.P Lovecraft...? Who are you?Man condemned to shine a salvationthroughout the centuries...Why?Was the wine of the grailtoo sour for man to drink?The Carpenter, Carved his anchoron the dying souls of mankind.On the tomb of this unknown soldier,Lay the tools of the onewho for us has died...Tools of the carpenter...-Nightwish - The CarpenterWelcome to Dying...

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Turtledove's OK...but the only books by him I really enjoyed rather than just tolerated were the Worldwar series...especially the new ones. "The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time. " - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

H.P. LOVECRAFT RULEZ!Turtledove's Great War Series also look promising.I still say the Myst Novels are the best books i've ever read. Ryan D. CarusoPresident-General of the Nautilus Free StateICQ # 73438757The Last Hellspawn

Kaiser Metzler I

Post by Kaiser Metzler I »

If only I had a Dr. Device... Kaiser of the Republic of ShirerothE. Metzler "UEC""Death awaits everyone, it's just that it has less patience for some...""Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity." "Life is to short not to be kinky"Don't ask, I didn't say any of that...except one.. guess which!

Return to “General Discussion”