I'm re-Sweden-ized!

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

RicLyon

I'm re-Sweden-ized!

Post by RicLyon »

On Monday I'm going back to my motherland. Only for a weak though, but it will be nice meeting old friends and that.Make sure you all have a nice christmas wherever you are, whenever you have it, unless you're awkward and celebrate something else

AngelGuardian93

Re: I'm re-Sweden-ized!

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

That offends me!!!!!!!1111ONE!Ok, not really. Take care and good luck! There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Stjepan Veliki

Post by Stjepan Veliki »

yay Sweden. Land of At The Gates and easy women.unfortunately also the land of fjortisar but...at least they're not chavs. SF-SNEdited by: Stjepan Veliki at: 12/17/05 14:51

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Oooohhhh! I miss fjortisarna!

Sebastien Alexandre

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

Ric, just an English lesson from your Swede-learning student..Weak: tired, exhausted, etcWeek: a period of 7 days from Sunday to Saturday; 56 weeks in a year.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Oooops my mistake. Thanks Oz

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

Didn't even notice that! Hah. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Stjepan Veliki

Post by Stjepan Veliki »

I didn't think that it was possible to miss the fjortisar. SF-SN

Tahmaseb

Post by Tahmaseb »

A week in Sweden is indeed weak so I think Ric put it there subconsciously.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Shut up

Funky Wombat

Post by Funky Wombat »

Enjoy Christmas, Ric, especially the...turnip-throwing contests, or whatever it is you Suedes do at Christmas.. Eoinsy

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

You know of a tradition I don't...? *worried*

Ryan

Re: .

Post by Ryan »

I thought it was cabbage-throwing? Or is that the Poles? Merry christmas anyways. Useless art is simply tolerated vandalism. I am a vandal.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

It may be true, but after 15 christmases in Sweden I should have known...

CSmithMN

Post by CSmithMN »

Aren't their fifty-two weeks in a year? -Now offering consulting services throughout the microworld-Graphic/Web DesignLegal RepresentationFrench-English TranslationDiplomatic Assistance"Carson Smith is my sport." -The Sloganizerhttp://www.freewebs.com/smithconsulting

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

You better change that "their" before Oz becomes pedantic again!

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Is he ever not pedantic? Useless art is simply tolerated vandalism. I am a vandal.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Not when it comes to "56" weeks a year.

JacobusRexetImp

OK, so

Post by JacobusRexetImp »

What's (a) fjortisar?

Sebastien Alexandre

Re: OK, so

Quote:A week in Sweden is indeed weak so I think Ric put it there subconsciously. Actually... my uncle visted Sweden not 6 months ago. He works with the FBI and was working with the local Swedish police to arrest someone who had stolen a painting from a Swedish museum.Perhaps you heard of it, Ric? It was something like a 12 million dollar painting of some dude... that was like 4 inches by 8 inches? I mean a TINY TINY self portrait.Anyways, by what he said, Stockholm seems like an awesome place- especially when everyone speaks english

Sebastien Alexandre

Their- possessive. "It's their house"They're - they are "They're going to the movies"There - place, as in "Let's go over there"And to think.. I wouldn't have said anything were it not for you, Ric :PAnd I could've sworn it was 56....

Kaiseress Semisa I

Post by Kaiseress Semisa I »

Fifty-two.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I'm also wondering what a fjortisar is.I assume something to do with fjords... Useless art is simply tolerated vandalism. I am a vandal.

Sebastien Alexandre

See... Ric has yet to teach me what fjort means... although if it is anything like jord (without the f) I believe it means land. As Storjord meant King's Land, and Stormark means King's land, and jord and mark have relatively similiar meanings.Now if you we find out the prefix f- and then isar means....

Tahmaseb

Post by Tahmaseb »

Fjortis (single), fjortisar (plural): comes from the word fjorton meaning fourteen. Describes a person in the lower teens or a person acting like one. Also an underaged girl you'd like to fuck.Source: Swedish wikipedia Edited by: Tahmaseb Shah at: 12/18/05 21:40

Sebastien Alexandre

Sadly, I'm guessing they were referring to the latter....

Kaiseress Semisa I

Post by Kaiseress Semisa I »

Why is that "sadly"?

Stjepan Veliki

fjortis

Post by Stjepan Veliki »

I do not want to fuck any fjortis. I've always conceptualized them as like Valley Girls crossed with Teeny boppers....kind of. Underage girls who dress and try to act like they aren't. Very much related to sexuality.Many of my friends like to use quasi-Swedish slang when talking to each other for no other reason than we can and no one has a clue what we're talking about. We've even invented a few new words like "vraal" (correctly spelled vrål) which is an adjective describing the sound that tr00 arisk black metal makes. We also mutiliated some words by pronouncing them like Finns (they seem to have a hard time pronouncing b's as b's rather than as p's) Haven't used it much in a long while though and I think I'm gradually losing my ability to pratar på bög-Svenska.We frequently call one of our friends a fjortis because he's significantly younger than the rest of us.(let's see if we can make the nifty å work - rock!) Edited by: Stjepan Veliki at: 12/19/05 0:34

Stjepan Veliki

Re: fjortis

Post by Stjepan Veliki »

And of course, this naturally raises the next question: "why the hell do my friends and I talk in quasi-Swedish slang - or for that matter even know any Swedish slang at all?"I'll let you guys think that one over for awhile. SF-SN

Tahmaseb

Re: fjortis

Post by Tahmaseb »

Of course one could wonder why you have ever had the ability to speak gay-Swedish (at least if my contemporary Swedish is any good, bög means gay)?And your conceptualisation of a fjortis seems to be quite correct as well. Reading the wiki entry again and completely also tells this meaning. By the way, if you want to use a Finnish term for this (which of course is infinitely better) it's pissis. You can probably guess the ethymology.And yes, we frequently talk about the Pulkarians and the unfortunate people of Posnia.

Return to “General Discussion”