The Seven Laws of Micronationalism

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Bill3000

The Seven Laws of Micronationalism

Post by Bill3000 »

The Laws of Micronationalism has been updated to keep up with the times. (as the intent of the hobby changes as we "mature" ) Credit goes to Harvey Steffke for the original version of these Laws. (Previously called "Jason's Six Rules Of Micronationalism") One Law has been edited, one eliminated, and two added.Quote:1) Once a micronationalist, always a micronationalist. The more blatently you announce youir leave, the quicker you will return.2) In any event that involves multiple conflicting sides, try to be on the side that is allied with "good."3) The best ideas are thought up after midnight.4) Compromises don't always work.5) You can try to persuade someone from leaving, but you can't actually stop them.6) You can't do everything.7) Reputation doesn't matter in micronationalism.Quote:1) Once a micronationalist, always a micronationalist. The more blatently you announce youir leave, the quicker you will return.Micronationalism is incredibly addictive, probably as addictive as an MMORPG. As such, people who make huge announcements saying that they will leave micronationalism forever tend to come back quickly; the best example of this is Phillip Locke who, after announcing his leave of micronationalism forever, literally came back a day later. It is best to admit that you will never truely leave the micronational community, (Although you might not be a micronationalist per se by being active in the politics) and admit that leaves are purely haituses. If you want take a break, leave quietly.2) In any event that involves multiple conflicting sides, try to be on the side that is allied with "good."Okay, by good I mean moral good. I *don't* mean biblical good, or follow-the-law kind of good. Moral good. Every single human being knows what is morally good. It is morally good not to kill people, for example. Everyone knows this, although some choose not to heed it and some forget it at inconvient times. In most issues, if you look down deep enough, you can find where the moral good is. It is good to raise taxes so the goverment can run, but it is not good to overtax them. It is good to have a criminal code, but it is not good to have one that is vague or unfair. Note that, regarding moral relativism, fit the vague nature of "good" in which the majoroty of humanity believes in. Why should you be on the side of good? Well, for one, you'll be able to look yourself in the mirror. But from a political viewpoint, the public generally sides on the side of good. And at the end of the conflict, no matter who wins or loses, the people still know which side was the good side. Be there. It's a good place to be. Want a good example? (okay, I'll stop) The TYSOG Morovia incident. There were arguments on both sides of course. Maybe TYSOG was right, maybe it wasn't. That doesn't matter for this comparison. What matters is that the "good" was not infltrating Morovia, and that is the side the general public supported.3) The best ideas are thought up after midnight.Previously, this was "The best ideas are thought up after midnight, but shouldn't be acted on until you get a good night's sleep.", but after various examples of this law being broken by good ideas being acted on the moment of their realization, this law was modified to have the opposite intent: The best ideas occur after midnight, and it is best to act upon them then.4) Compromises don't always workA simple quote by chegitz guevara of Apolyton summarizes this quite easily: "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." This is another big one that is often overlooked. Compromises sound like great ideas. You give a little, you get a little, no one can complain and you get on with things. But some compromises are critically flawed. A scenario: You and your roomie live in a two-room apartment. You can't stand eachother's decorating, so you have a couple options. You could both decorate both rooms, so that your good stuff is in both rooms and so is his bad stuff. Or you could decorate one room and let your roomie decorate the other. The second option seems preferable, since you can relax in your decorated room and spend as little time in the other as possible. Both are compromises, but one is much better then the other. In micronations, people compromise on goverments. There are only really two types of goverment: either one (or a few) people rule, or everyone rules equally. Dictatorship vs. Democracy. There are offshoots on these. Maybe a monarchy where citizens elect the ruler and/or ministers, or a democracy with a leader that has some power. Compromises. Here's the point: not every type of government is a good compromise. One that I think is especially weak in micronations is the Republic. That's a whole seperate rant, but bascially the idea of letting about half the citizens vote and half just sit and watch doesn't seem quite right.5) You can try to dissuade someone from leaving, but you can't actually stop them.Just a quick one here. All debating and pleading aside, if someone is determined to leave, let them! Don't force them to fill out immigration papers or make a council vote on them leaving. Just let them go. It's not worth the headaches. And whatever you do, never NEVER try to create some sort of anti-emmigration law. Thankfully we haven't had a problem with this for a couple years.6) You can't do everything.Another quickie: no matter how much time you have for micronations, you can't do everything. It can be frusterating and gets boring quickly. And think about this: if you're the only person doing stuff, then what kind of micronation are you involved in anyway? Not a very popular one to say the least.7) Reputation doesn't matter in micronationalism.This is quite a rather sad law of micronationalism, but it is true. No matter what atrocity one undertakes in micronationalism, it will eventually be forgotten. Some good examples of this include Thomas Hubert and Phillip Locke (Sorry about the comparation to Hubert, Locke) - both had done atrocities that should not have been forgotten, but once settling down into a community, people had completely forgiven them up to the point where it is as if they never had done the atrocities at all. Another example is that, three years after the TYSOG incident, Bill Trihus and Harvey Steffke, previously considering Attera to be "evil", agree with them on issues pertaining to the Grand Commonwealth and thus are more friendly towards Attera now. Thus, it is possible to do something horrible in micronationalism, fade away for a couple months or more, and return, only to have people welcome you to return rather than condemn your returning. Part of this may be that there are (relatively) few micronationalists, and any returning micronationalist is usually a good addition for activity levels of micronations. Bill Trihus - Archon of SoloralismQuillan Fatebane, 65th Paladin, Lanys Tvy'l Server (EQ1)Quillan Umbarcotumo, 37th Paladin, Innothule Server (EQ2)Proud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Trihus";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'As for... Quil, to be honest many of us have wondered about [him] for some time now. The real question might be why he LEFT the lance there.' - Areania, on how Quillan (Bill in EQ1) let Trombonius 'sit' on his lance"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);Edited by: Bill3000 at: 6/4/05 19:41
Last edited by Bill3000 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gryphon the Pure

Re: The Seven Laws of Micronationalism

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

I think ShireCon 2004 proved unquestionably the necessity of the former number one law of Micronationalism. Though more as a rule than as a law.You should publish a set of rules for micronationalism as a pamphlet titled "Common Erb" or summat. Gryphon the Pure- Shirithian Elder - Dutch of Kildare - Minister of the Interior - High Priest of Apostrophe aka Grammar Fuhrer - Director of the Shirithian Census - Imperial Advisor -q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);

ProdigalSon523

Post by ProdigalSon523 »

Very true Bill. I don't know if I consider myself a Microntaionlist in any way shape or form for the record. I'm not in denial either, but I want to store some of the history on my web-site because it was a good story with fascinating people. Other then that my contributions will be very little. Peace,Adam Edited by: ProdigalSon523 at: 6/4/05 21:41

Olorix

Post by Olorix »

Quote:7) Reputation doesn't matter in micronationalism.That, and your example being some Shirerothians common ground with Attera, I think is just a standard thing of politics both in micronationalism and macronationalism worldwide. Politicians who severely damage nation's economies in the long term always seem to remain relatively popular afterwards. Selective memory is a great thing! :P

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Quote:That, and your example being some Shirerothians common ground with Attera, I think is just a standard thing of politics both in micronationalism and macronationalism worldwide. Politicians who severely damage nation's economies in the long term always seem to remain relatively popular afterwards. Selective memory is a great thing! :PNot particularly. It isn't quite analagous, because micronations will have hyperboles of this. A direct analogy of this Law is this - Say a terrorist blows up a building in the USA, then two or ten years later, runs for senator of the state in which he blew up in the building. In macronations, no chance in PRH he'd win. In micronations, he could probably win. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismQuillan Fatebane, 65th Paladin, Lanys Tvy'l Server (EQ1)Quillan Umbarcotumo, 37th Paladin, Innothule Server (EQ2)Proud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

Quote:I think ShireCon 2004 proved unquestionably the necessity of the former number one law of Micronationalism. Though more as a rule than as a law.How so?? Was Dead, Feel Better Now!!A madman is not less a musician than you or myself; only the instrument on which he plays is a little out of tune. -Kahlil Gibran

Harvey the Blue

Post by Harvey the Blue »

The former first rule, for reference:Quote:1) Always be extremly careful when crossing the line between micronational events and macronational ones.The "big one" that everyone should know! When I refer to the "first rule of micronations", this is the one I'm talking about. Micronations is very different world then real life is. They really aren't compatable. If you think you're bringing something into micronations that doesn't belong, stop and think!Examples of breaking this rule:* Someone in micronations makes fun of you or one of your ideas. You take it personally, swearing to hunt them down or hack their computer.* You invite one of your real-life friends into a chat room full of micronationalists that are actually trying to get something done. (Yeah, they should know better then to believe chats ever get anything done, but that's not an excuse!)* You tell the micronational world about all of your minor troubles of the day.Now, as with any rule, there are exceptions. If you happen to know certain other micronationalists well, then you can safely break this rule with them without too much risk. But, generally speaking, the rest of the micronational world won't give you such a warm response. Be wary.Out of them all, this is one that people break the most.I opted for this one to be entirely removed because it is my belief that it is has been shattered totally beyond all recognition, and that micronations is more about people in real life acting in government positions in fake nations than it was previously where people played roles and had personalitys totally different than they did in real life.I was not at ShireCon2004, so you can make your own conclusions on why this rule should have applied.I totally approve of Bill's replacement for rule 1, in both excecution and explination. I think rule 7 is a bit too cynical, but it's probably true. And for me these were always rules to follow, not laws to obey. Harvey SteffkeSai'Kar's Memories LiveJournal - ranting about Shirerothian issues since fall 2004.Edited by: Harvey the Blue  at: 6/6/05 1:46

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

No, it doesn't. It's not my fault that you don't change. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismQuillan Fatebane, 65th Paladin, Lanys Tvy'l Server (EQ1)Quillan Umbarcotumo, 37th Paladin, Innothule Server (EQ2)Proud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Comrade Titov

Post by Comrade Titov »

Edited by: Comrade Titov at: 6/28/05 16:36

Comrade Titov

Post by Comrade Titov »

No,Bill it's not your fault in the least. You have always been a decent sort at even your worst. I believe few of us change all that much, but that perceptions of us by others change frequently I am reminded of what Erik said recently, that people EXPECTED him to act a certain way.... and that this bothered him.I've decided that since a majority of the MN community hereabouts considers me to be at best a moron and at worst and ineffective evil bastard, that I should give the people what they want and expect. And do my best to not let what people think bother me.Quote:..that if I could not inspire love,..... that I would inspire fear.... (Young Frankenstein)

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Comrade Titov--Do you really enjoy perpetuating an erroneous stereotype? Sometimes people persist in behavior patterns "because it is what the people expect" and no one ever knows them for who they really are. I don't happen to think it benefits rl or micronational relations all that much, and you lose out on becoming genuine in your relations with others. Sorry for the rant--I just ride that particular hobby horse in my rl relations, too.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

The reason why people expected you to act a certain way was because you acted like that - you are too predictable. (And yes, with Erik too) The stereotypes exist because you make no effort to change or improve. Grow up, and you'll probably be forgiven. You had in the past, (Tymaria comes to mind slightly.) and even now an example of the seventh law can be shown with me (I'd bet I would be considered a Shirerothian more than a PITA I was earlier) Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismQuillan Fatebane, 65th Paladin, Lanys Tvy'l Server (EQ1)Quillan Umbarcotumo, 37th Paladin, Innothule Server (EQ2)Proud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);Edited by: Bill3000 at: 6/6/05 13:14

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

... actually, back when Jacobus decided that he didn't want to be bound by the Treaty of Shirekeep after all, I promised Cyberia that he would be banned from Shireroth for eternity. This was foolishly done on a random forum owned by Jacobus, though (and it's now gone due to the attack). Then I forgot to decree it officially before falling into inactivity, and although IIRC I told Scott that he should take care of tying up that particular loose end, it never got done. Scott was proly too angry at me for fucking up the transfer of power to remember to decree the banning of someone who wasn't around anyway, and Greg proly ignored the whole thing because he doesn't get the feeling of revulsion that Scott and I do when we have to deal with Jacobus.If you ask me it should be at least Unofficial Shirithian Policy by now that Jacobus does not have the privilege to post on this forum, no matter how old a login he might dig up. I was expecting Joseph to ban this login, too, when he asked me if this guy was IP-banned... that didn't get done, either. It's a disgrace caused by a string of mistakes and miscommunications, mostly mine, that we're still letting this guy post.Oh, and in case anyone's thinking that this guy deserves a chance... well... have a look at the tricks he was up to four years ago (or earlier - this is just what I found when I googled for "comrade titov"): pub15.ezboard.com/fthelyricanrepublicfrm15.showMessage?topicID=42.topic. Then reminisce what he did with the Treaty of Shirekeep. This guy has had more than more than too much time to prove that he's here only to troll and that whatever measure of good behaviour you can get out of him is only calculated to get you to trust him enough for him to get into a position to backstab you. Jag har glömt hur pjäserna stod!

Comrade Titov

As long as Lyrica has come up,

Post by Comrade Titov »

I may as well tell you that story.His Hicksterness was being confirmed as something-or-other in Lyrica (AG, I think). My primary ID went to give testimony to those responsible for confirming him. At the time, Peter was in the middle of his "eat (something) and die, Cyberia mode". His "Free Republic of Rocentia" was collapsing around his ears. People seldom like to hear the truth, so Peter "sued" us. The "Judge" in Lyrica (whose name escapes me) was a confirmed Hickeyite. I missed a post due to an EZboard foul-up (sound familiar?).Summary judgement was entered.So, as sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, I brought them both up before the Micronational Court of Human Rights, Judge Joseph Smith (log-in MCHR) presiding.One good kangaroo deserves another.***************************************************As for the Treaty of Shirekeep, my adversaries were plotting my demise from the beginning. I couldn't tell a story, a joke, or interact with anybody without Grievous Rex or someother so-and-so screaming "violation!" So rather than defend myself in smaller and smaller corners while my adversaries were lionized as champions of peace, I chose to abrogate the Treaty. May as well have the conflict in the open.I'm just bloody sick and tired of the double-standard that everything I do is EVIL and corrupt, whilst anyone who piles on is some kind of Hero.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I gotta admit, General Tits is funny. I also remember standing up for Rulzcentia. As it was a combination of Rulak, Umoja and Rocentia and thus wasn't Hickey's "original" Rocentia per say. A Rulzcentia and a Rocentia very well could have existed side by side with little conflict. The names were different enough to easily distinguish the two.Certainly all the bitching about Cognito, Lac Glacei and Absentia was unwarranted by Cyberia, as those were all original creations (which I latched onto in my boredom ), and effectively had nothing to do with the matters at hand. Jaris I dunno about. That had something to do with Lyrica IIRC, so I stayed away from that.I do have one question Jake - Where in the seven hells did you dig Loutradis up from?I want to send him back where he came from. Preferably in a body bag. Useless art is simply tolerated vandalism. I am a vandal.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Argh... damn you for posting, Warvoid. I was hoping that those of us who do not like Jacobus (curiously, I think this group includes pretty much everyone except Jacobus) would get to a moral higher ground by at least letting him get the last word before banning him... now he needs to get back and argue for his case again before he can be banned because, well, no matter how much of a troublemaker someone is, it's *never* right for those against him to both argue against his points and make it impossible for him to defend them. Jag har glömt hur pjäserna stod!

Comrade Titov

Chris

Post by Comrade Titov »

LIES , I AM TELLING YOU, ALL IS BEING MADE UP! JACOBUS IS GAVE AWAY MY LOG-IN, AFTER HE MAKE TELLING STORIES AND I AM LETTING HIM MAKE POST TO SHIREROTH, FROM WHERE IS HE BEEN RIGHTLY BANNED.NO PERSONS COULD BE SO MANY PERSONS. HE IS MAKING OF IT UP AL TO SOUND LIKE THE BIG-SHOT.YOU NOING IS HE LIAR! EVERYTHING HE SAYS IS MAKING LIES! EVEN NOW HE MAKING MORE. Edited by: Comrade Titov at: 6/28/05 16:59

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

The Truth as I've learned it:1) Once a micronationalist, always a micronationalist. Except for the people who last a month.2) In any event that involves multiple conflicting sides, everybody will think they are on the side of good.3) The best ideas are forgotten about in bureaucracy.4) Compromises never work.5) You can try to persuade someone from leaving, but you can't actually stop them. Besides, if you're bothering to stop them, they'll probably come back anyway.6) You can't do anything unless people know who you are and they like you. So make sure people know who you are, unless people don't like you.7) Reputation matters in micronationalism. 3e knowe ek that in fourme of speche is chaunge / With-inne a thousand 3eer, and wordes tho / That hadden pris now wonder nyce and straunge / Us thenketh hem, and 3et thei spake hem so, / And spedde as wel in loue as men now do...

ProdigalSon523

Post by ProdigalSon523 »

I need to take Issue with one statement.Quote:4) Compromises never work I understand in some cases Compromises do not work, but not never. If a nation becomes polarized enough (and it's a democracy) if both sides stop compromising it implodes.Peace,Adam

Gryphon Avocatio

Re: Chris

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

I meant that in the sense that people usually draw up compromises to make two or more sides happy with an outcome because those opposing sides' respective proposed outcomes are not mutually compatible. All a compromise does in reality is make it so that no side gets what it wants, which generally leads to people being unhappy. A compromise should be an attempt at pleasing all parties but cannot do so and thus fails. Eventually, the parties try to get what they wanted originally but was left out of the compromise, and the process begins again. I've seen this happen several times. 3e knowe ek that in fourme of speche is chaunge / With-inne a thousand 3eer, and wordes tho / That hadden pris now wonder nyce and straunge / Us thenketh hem, and 3et thei spake hem so, / And spedde as wel in loue as men now do...

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Quote:1) Once a micronationalist, always a micronationalist. Except for the people who last a month.Then they arn't real micronationalists. There's a difference between someone who actually is a part of the hobby and someone who joins and never becomes interested in it.Quote:2) In any event that involves multiple conflicting sides, everybody will think they are on the side of good.Not precisely. It is possible to see how a person acts regarding a certain issue, to reflect and see if it is "right."Quote:3) The best ideas are forgotten about in bureaucracy.Even thoguh bureaucracy isn't a fundamental part of micronations. Jasonia didn't have bereaucracy. It's just Shireroth' s nobility that causes the bureaucratic problems by people resisting change. This is Shireroth's own fault for having a bureaucratic system as is every Republic's fault. (By Republic I really mean Oligarchy, since a Republic is supposed to mean representatives, but people don't actually represent others, instead they just care about themselves in a Republic.) It's why a Direct Democracy is a more efficient system than this Oligarchical system, because ideas don't get caught in the system.Quote:4) Compromises never work.They sometimes do work, although it rarely happens.Quote:6) You can't do anything unless people know who you are and they like you. So make sure people know who you are, unless people don't like you.People will like any micronationalist as long as they are likable. Simple as that. The point of the real law is that it's impossible and counterproductive to have a one-man nation or a one-man economy or state.Quote:7) Reputation matters in micronationalism.Maybe for the week or so when the people actually remember an incident or how you act. Other than that? Nope. Reputation doesn't matter at all. You see me and Harv forgiving Archetype for the gods' sake - just a day earlier a chat of former Menelmacari were saying how insane he was and how he was the cause of the fall of the nation. If someone is willing to change, reputation surely doesn't matter. It's only when you don't change yourself when it shows the illusion that it matters. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismQuillan Fatebane, 65th Paladin, Lanys Tvy'l Server (EQ1)Quillan Umbarcotumo, 37th Paladin, Innothule Server (EQ2)Proud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Comrade Titov

Post by Comrade Titov »

No, reputation matters. I'm living proof. Sure, I could come in with a new log-in, or with a story that the Real Me had been abducted by aliens, and that I Really Didn't Mean all the stuff I said. How long would it be before Certain Individuals would be posting things asking me to "eat (something unpleasant) and die", no matter how nice I'm being?No, I'm beginning to think that attempting to be an SoB instead of being my naturally sweet self may actually be the ticket. Since I'm the one whos is ALWAYS WRONG AND GUILTY, shouldn't I try to enjoy it?As for compromises, the old saw about "a man persuaded against his will is of the same opinion still" is still valid. I repudiated the Treaty because I was sick and tired of having to be Superbly Politically Correct at all times.Go ahead and ban me now. I'll save the Spaulding story for another venue.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Quote:Sure, I could come in with a new log-in, or with a story that the Real Me had been abducted by aliens, and that I Really Didn't Mean all the stuff I said. How long would it be before Certain Individuals would be posting things asking me to "eat (something unpleasant) and die", no matter how nice I'm being?Because pretending to be someone else is different from actually being yourself.Quote:No, I'm beginning to think that attempting to be an SoB instead of being my naturally sweet self may actually be the ticket. Since I'm the one whos is ALWAYS WRONG AND GUILTY, shouldn't I try to enjoy it?Considering the fact just want you to go away, no. You should either just fix up your attitude toward micronations (It's more than a game, and you arn't playing characters, you are playing yourself), or leave it. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismQuillan Fatebane, 65th Paladin, Lanys Tvy'l Server (EQ1)Quillan Umbarcotumo, 37th Paladin, Innothule Server (EQ2)Proud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

ProdigalSon523

Post by ProdigalSon523 »

Comrade Titov,You can always apologise, that's what I did. The other parties involve owe me an apology and many other people but it doesn't matter. If you do your part in the apology that's all that matters, let their conscience or lack their of deal with not apologizing to you.Peace,Adam

ProdigalSon523

Post by ProdigalSon523 »

Bill,I am going to disagree with you on one point We aren't just playing ourselves.. nobody here is really a Governor, President, Paladin, . That's all make-believe, but it's for fun. Peace,Adam

Comrade Titov

Good idea, Bill!

Post by Comrade Titov »

Edited by: Comrade Titov at: 6/28/05 17:00

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Jacobus, eat shit and die. Hypatia's Mom: Yay! I'm legal now.Moose: WE(Shireroth) HAVE NON-NOBLES?![21:11] Bill7D0: It's 9:11 PM. Do you know where your plane is?

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Quote:I am going to disagree with you on one point We aren't just playing ourselves.. nobody here is really a Governor, President, Paladin, . That's all make-believe, but it's for fun. I don't mean it literally. What I mean is this - despite the fact that we arn't actually a President or such, we still are the same person. I'm still Bill Dusch, I don't act like someone completely different. This is the case of almost all micronationalists, and it should be. We act as ourselves, excluding the obvious concepts of titles and such. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismQuillan Fatebane, 65th Paladin, Lanys Tvy'l Server (EQ1)Quillan Umbarcotumo, 37th Paladin, Innothule Server (EQ2)Proud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Draco the Tainted

Post by Draco the Tainted »

Moose, go choke on a dick. Heil Loki!!!
Heil H'Graa!!!

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

*cough* Hypatia's Mom: Yay! I'm legal now.Moose: WE(Shireroth) HAVE NON-NOBLES?![21:11] Bill7D0: It's 9:11 PM. Do you know where your plane is?

Return to “General Discussion”