SPEARing Our Future

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Gryphon the Pure

Re: SPEARing Our Future

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

In case you didn't notice, there was a huge EzBoard fuckup and your post wasn't the only one lost Gryphon the Pure- Shirithian Elder - Dutch of Kildare - Minister of the Interior - High Priest of Apostrophe aka Grammar Fuhrer - Director of the Shirithian Census - Imperial Advisor -q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);Edited by: Gryphon the Pure at: 5/31/05 14:47

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Quote:Let's say that I was shocked. More shocked than I was when I first learned about the Grand Commonwealth, because this not symbolizes a breaking of the Mango-Camel Pact, the friendship shared between Babkha and Shireroth, but also a paradigim shift in policy and attitude.Why does this symbolize a breaking of the MC Pact if the Grand Commonwealth, which is exactly like this only a bit stronger, did not? Both organizations seem to pass or fail the test of alliance together.Quote:So the constitutional monarchy and the feudal autocracy became allies - where our interests, once individualistic, became mutualistic. What did our alliance accomplish? Unprecedented peace, end of the age of terror, disgust for micronational weaponry and move towards unifying the Anglophone Sector. However it seems that no matter how far from the brink we step away, it is just as easy to step right back again. This is true, but something you ought to speak to your Shahan-Ri about and not to any Shirerithian. Babkha upset the Pax Mangocamela by forming the Grand Commonwealth as an essentially anti-Shirerithian agency. See my thread on this for more details.Quote:Shireroth is famous for its 'Third Way' approach - where realpolitik has allowed us to traverse the myriad ways of the micronational community. Instead with SPEAR Shireroth is simply going to be an unwilling signatory to the machinations of Attera and Antica, the former trying to find out where's its Empire went and the latter tired of hiding its aggressive and militant attitudes. Are we ready to pass on our foreign, economic and defense policy into the hands of Atterans and Anticans? Is our destiny no longer in our hands but the hands of some 'Council'? Can we reconcile our culture and be assured that the Natopians and the United Atteran Monarchies will spread it? Unlike the Grand Commonwealth, SPEAR does not give any of Shireroth's sovereignty away. We can develop our plans, our policies, and our culture completely free from any Antican, Atteran, or Natopian interference. It just also gives us the opportunity to cooperate with them on things we cannot take care of ourselves. Actually, this applies to the entire rest of your "Oh no we're surrendering to Attera and Antica!" part of your post (I like how you can't figure out a way to cast Natopia in a bad light; if I were you, I wouldn't be able to either)

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Ok, first off... Antican despots? Come now Rakesh, we've not displayed any such actions to have you paint us in such a flattering light, so please, stop complimenting us! Quote:Our Babkhan friends forgot us, and so our friendship ended.This said by Harvey... but I ask you all, do you really think Babkha forgot? The same way your MiniEx intentionally neglected to tell you and in fact kept the information away from his fellow Shirerothans, why don't you look at the distinct possibility that Babkha left you out on purpose? Certainly not a sign of friendship, and absolutely not a move of negligence on their part.Quote:I think we all know what to make of hollow Atteran rhetoric - 'Babkhan Hegemony.' What the Atterans want is not some micronational community of love and fluffy bunnies but where it is 'Atteran Hegemony.' That is their problem, nothing else.Is that so? That's funny because this wasn't even Attera's idea. They happily agreed to join the delegations, and were actually the last ones invited.I think there's a lot of propaganda going on in both directions here, and there are people trying to shoot down the idea of SPEAR before it's even been looked at thoroughly. Let's get over the fact that it was kept secret and move on to the fact that this is just overall a beneficial move, and one that will indeed keep Shireroth from being isolated and targeted by the Grand Commonwealth, as they have already stated they intend to do.

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

*pickets*DOWN WITH THE RHETORIC!!!!PROPOGANDA WANTS TO COME IN THE NIGHT AND WIPE YOUR FORA!!!!! *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Tahmaseb

Post by Tahmaseb »

Quote:...by forming the Grand Commonwealth as an essentially anti-Shirerithian agencyWhat? That is simply the most amazing leap of logic I've seen since Pete Little's grammar. We kept you out of it because we knew without asking that you wouldn't want a part in it. You are traditionally isolationist after all. That said, you're welcome to join any time.

Taoiseach Taicardainre I

Post by Taoiseach Taicardainre I »

Quote:Is that so? That's funny because this wasn't even Attera's idea. They happily agreed to join the delegations, and were actually the last ones invited.I think you will find noone will believe this, much the same as Babkha joined the GC negotiations at the end.Anyways Delphi, you knew about the GC for months... howcome you didnt tell Shireroth :b Taoiseach Taicardainre IThe Grand Commonwealth - Aerlig - MNN - Treesia - mncentre - EIFA - Lemuria

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

I told who was necessary, but we haven't an extensive treaty like the Mango-Camel Pact. Regardless, it's not our job to report on your doings.And about Attera, it's entirely true. You can all see if I'm allowed to make public the forums.

Gryphon the Pure

Unknown

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Return to “General Discussion”