Last straw...

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Jadie of Goldshire

Re: Last straw...

Post by Jadie of Goldshire »

Very nicely said Eriana...I hope everyone is as touched as I was when I read it *hugs for Eri* Jadie of GoldshireCarry on with your lives people...nothing to see here.

Eriana Moon

Last straw...

Post by Eriana Moon »

Ok so IÂ’m on the edge of quitting my job as baron and possibly Shireroth all together. However at the request of my Duchess I am going to try speaking my mind first. IÂ’m not very good at getting my ideas out coherently so please just bare with me.So My number one reason for wanting to retire is that I feel I have failed with Lunaris. I had one goal and only one goal with lunaris when it began and that was to make it a center of the arts. I feel that I have failed for every attempt I have made has been either ignored or put so far on the back burner that no one has gotten around to it. I asked for art for the theater gallery and not only received nothing but didnÂ’t even get a response. I held a contest for the flag and though I got some responses I still received nothing. I wanted to do a play and that was going ok but then I couldnÂ’t get a hold of the script and then Snipyr moved the theater. It is back now but my problems remain. Snipyr is also now building a recording studio in Goldshire proper despite my announcement that any such things would more than happily be built in Lunaris for anyone who requested such. Erik: You complain that no one takes this place seriously enough. Well here is a place where I have taken my goal and my Barony very seriously and not even you have given me any support. The last straw for me is a combination of two things. One, I feel relentlessly pressured in to participating in an economy that I do not have the time, energy, or desire to figure out and participate in. Second I joined Shireroth because it was a fun friendly place to come and chill I enjoyed the fun laid back attitude that I saw as the driving force of this place. Some of you feel that people do not take this place seriously enough and are making it stricter and stricter partly because of this and partly for other reasons. I see this as a tragedy. I feel it is strangling out what made this place grate. I donÂ’t believe that one must be serious let alone strict to take something seriously. I think most if not all of us do take this place seriously. ItÂ’s a real place On the internet where we go to enjoy one another, It is a real place in our minds that is governed by very real laws, well except maybe the one about chickens. And it is a real place in our harts governed by real leaders who we really do respect as such and from whom we really do expect leadership.We really do all care about this place and want the best for it. Sometimes we just donÂ’t agree on whatÂ’s best but we must all remember that we would all be sad to loose it and we would all have lost something VERY special. Baroness of Lunaris in The Republic of ShirerothBaroness-Councilor of Tallandor-New Barbary in TreesiaFounder of Lumenetra (please stop by. We would love to see you)This has been a test of the emergency Eri update system. Had this been a real emergency there would have been a lot more cussing.Have a nice day

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Well.I share some of your concerns.No one should have to participate in the economy unless they choose to, and I think that this is the current policy. There was a suggestion to make subdivisions pay for websites, but I don't think it went anywhere. If it ever did, I'd be happy to make very small boring websites for people for free.If you need the Mogbeth script, I can send it to you.Shireroth should stay at the level of seriousness it currently has, which is a perfect mean between the stuffiness and formality of some nations and the total chaos and lack of organization of others. There has been some concern that it's sliding too far one way now, and I am certain that will soon be counterbalanced with a movement to take it the other direction. I don't think anyone wants us pretending to be Morovia or Ascalon here, because we're not, nor to become Istvanistan or MyNation. But the price of this is making sure we don't slide too far, and while I disagree with the vehemence of some of these efforts, I don't think they're necessarily misguided or represent a dramatic shift in our policy.You've been a great asset to Shireroth and I hope you stick around. "The Lord is a shoving leopard." - Reverend William Spooner

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

As far as I know no one is required to participate in the economy. There are several people who are not in the economy right now. If my efforts to help you get the theater going are making you feel pressure to be involved in the economy – then you can relax.If you want me to continue to help with the theater I am willing – and you don’t even have to involve it in the economy. I won’t pretend that I don’t want a theater as part of the economy, but there is every reason that you can have a theater that is not part of the economy. However, I also feel there is every reason that if someone else wants a theater and to have it part of the economy they can also do that. But for now I am interested in helping you with your theater – but don’t feel obligated. Please decide first if you’re going to stay in Shireroth.I don’t believe I have forced anyone to be in the economy. While it is true that I have suggested it to people and have done what I can to get people involved in the economy this is because the economy is what I want to do in Shireroth, just like you want to do the arts. So if people don’t want to be involved in any given thing in Shireroth they should not be forced to. But what do you say – stick around and lets work on that theater.Austi

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

YES!!!!! MYNATION LIVES ON IN PEOPLE'S MEMORIES!!!!! THE BRAIN LIVES AGAIN!!!Er, sorry... hehe.Too Eriana: I wouldn't have you leave... I couldn't imagine Shireroth without you and your efforts and nor would I like to see it come to pass..*takes your hands into mine*I swear to you, upon all I hold sacred... you are NOT unnapreciated. You're barony is the most pretty of them all, even mine! Don't leave!

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

*is tuched* *tear falls**to Austi*I I do apreciate yer help with the theater and would like to continue working on it, asumming I stay. Most of the presure I feel is not from you. As for the whole forcing art thing I'm not trying to force it but I know people are doing it anyway and I wana make a place for it to shine. And if that kind of place isn't wanted then maby I don't belong here cus art is my life on and off line. I mean friends are too but.... I hope you understand.....*looks back at Gman a little confused but still tuched then sits back to see what others have to say* Baroness of Lunaris in The Republic of ShirerothBaroness-Councilor of Tallandor-New Barbary in TreesiaFounder of Lumenetra (please stop by. We would love to see you)This has been a test of the emergency Eri update system. Had this been a real emergency there would have been a lot more cussing.Have a nice day

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I really don't appreciate being singled out like that. And I don't know what people are talking about with strictness. There are almost no laws restricting behavior on anyone. and any that are in place have been there for a @#%$ all long time.So anyhoo, Leave me out of this! I'm just a bloody commoner who has no power to change things.. and I wish people would stop looking to me with their woahs or abuse or whatever... I'm not the KAiser! I'm just a @#%$ Commoner! Erik Mortis BrookshireCount of Monty CriscoCommoner of AlexandrettaHeir to the Line of Metzler/Mortis/RaynorBig Cheese of Rrakanychan Inc.Shirerithian ElderGeneral in the YAC

Alexandra Decens

Post by Alexandra Decens »

Erik has a point....the only real reason that people think things are getting stricter is because they are making it that way in their own minds...There really aren't many restrictions on the people of Shireroth except the ones you place upon yourself...i think the only real reason why everyone is so worked up is because people are bored...and they want to create some unstability so that the nation doesn't die....because like it was stated before somewhere "stability=micronational death".... I have no custom signature...oh wait...

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Might I add that was my quote! Well, not ORIGINALY mine...... but hehe...

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

MyNation became Dragonis in Treesia, Greg. So yes, it lives on in many respects. It'll probably live on in the Bladelands once Treesia goes under as well. For reasons you'll all soon see via the Dragon's Rebellion story.To Eriana - Arts is something i've long tried to express in micronationalism. It is very hard to do this, and led to my founding Gothica so I could express what I felt. You seem to have done that with Luminetra (forgive me if I mispelled that). Why not continue with that project as an outlet for your artistic skills?

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

I don't blame Erik - but I do think you - Erik - should accept your place of influence.

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

Erik: I was responding to a spacific rant of yours wich had ofended me. And, as founder you do and always will have influence even if you wern't even a cidizen.WarVoid: Were I to quit here I would devote all my energy to Lumenetra. However, I feel that Lunaris is not worth giving up on. Problem is, that was my only goal thus should it be unatainable there is no point in my continuing as Baroness. Baroness of Lunaris in The Republic of ShirerothBaroness-Councilor of Tallandor-New Barbary in TreesiaFounder of Lumenetra (please stop by. We would love to see you)This has been a test of the emergency Eri update system. Had this been a real emergency there would have been a lot more cussing.Have a nice day

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

As you start something for one reason, you usually find many to stay; regardless of wether the original one was met. Dig?

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

You could aways put the energy into Lunaris instead of Luminetra...And I say bah to my influence...hehe Erik Mortis BrookshireCount of Monty CriscoCommoner of AlexandrettaHeir to the Line of Metzler/Mortis/RaynorBig Cheese of Rrakanychan Inc.Shirerithian ElderGeneral in the YAC

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

I alredy have been and have been met with no suport till now and still now from few individuals (thank you very much to those few). And STOP implying I should give up on Lumenetra. I'm not going to do it you've voiced yer opinion if you want me to leave one it will be here. I'm not trying to be confrontational or rude but I am getting sick of it. And if you wern't implying that sory it's been a long night....Edit: Gman... Ya I dig but I've also found reasons to leave hence the original post. Dig? *smat ass smile* Baroness of Lunaris in The Republic of ShirerothBaroness-Councilor of Tallandor-New Barbary in TreesiaFounder of Lumenetra (please stop by. We would love to see you)This has been a test of the emergency Eri update system. Had this been a real emergency there would have been a lot more cussing.Have a nice dayEdited by: Eriana Moon at: 4/25/04 2:06 am

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I dig... I just wish I could be as "smat" as you

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

poo monkey Baroness of Lunaris in The Republic of ShirerothBaroness-Councilor of Tallandor-New Barbary in TreesiaFounder of Lumenetra (please stop by. We would love to see you)This has been a test of the emergency Eri update system. Had this been a real emergency there would have been a lot more cussing.Have a nice day

Return to “General Discussion”