That's "Sir Nick" to you!

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Scott Alexander

That's "Sir Nick" to you!

Post by Scott Alexander »

I am happy to report that in his birthday honors list, Emperor Jason of Ascalon has honored our Kaiser by appointing him a Knight Stranger in the Order of St. Mark. For those of you who can't access the Ascalonian forum, here is the announcement:Quote:HIS MAJESTYÂ’S BIRTHDAY HONORS LIST2004The EMPEROR has been graciously pleased to signify his intention of conferring a peerage of the Most Serene Empire upon the undermentioned:The Rt. Hon. Mattlore, Viscount DEVIOUS of Amiens, PC, OSM, to become The Earl of Waitakere. The Rt. Rev. and Rt. Hon. William EDWARDS to become The Lord Edwards of Pialona.Sir Gordon KIRCH, KB, to become The Lord Kirch of Gardenview. The Rt. Hon. Maria McCLOUD to become The Baroness McCloud of Novi. Mr. Bertram ROSS to become The Lord Ross of Ithaca.Dame Alicia RUTHERFORD, OA, to become The Baroness Rutherford of Kings Lynn The EMPEROR has been graciously pleased to give orders for the following appointments to the Most Venerable Order of Saint Mark:To be a Knight Stranger of the said Most Venerable Order:His Majesty Kaiser WYLTHEOW I of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth. The EMPEROR has been graciously pleased to give orders for the following appointments to the Most Honorable Order of Ascalon:To be Knights Commander of the said Most Honorable Order:Karen McNULTY, MCTreasurer of His Majesty's Household For services to the Crown. The Rt. Hon. Alexis TALBOTLord Executive of New MacadamFor services to the Commonwealth. The EMPEROR has been graciously pleased to give orders for the following appointments to the Most Excellent Order of Merit:To be Companions of the said Most Excellent Order:Troy CROWLEYGiolla of the Treesian Unorthodox ChurchFor services to the pagan community. The Rev. Jonathan EVOLAProlocutor of the Lower House of the Convocation of KoroniaFor services to the Church. John HEATH, MAMember of the Assembly of Reason (New Macadam)For services to the Commonwealth.Michael PEYTONExecutive of the City of RochesterFor services to local government.

Kaiser Wyltheow I

Re: That's "Sir Nick" to you!

Post by Kaiser Wyltheow I »

Yay for me! Heh. Okay... Wylþeow du GrifosThe Kaiser of ShirerothThe gods blessed you with power and a visionThe gods gave you life to accomplish a mission...

Mattlore Devious

Post by Mattlore Devious »

Horah...hehe, I'm now "The Right Honorable The Earl of Waitakere, PC, OSM"...its kinda getting a lil too long

Timothy Nehen

Post by Timothy Nehen »

Actually, he's not "Sir" until after the Feast of St. Mark... Timothy Nehen

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

And I'm still... Just Erik... Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

No you aren't. You're Kaiser! check the titles, hehe...

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

So outdated. I'm just a commoner now... Though by now I thnk I've held at least once EVERY position in this nation. Save the Dukes of all the duchies.. Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Hehe, THAT should be your new title..."Done it all, no need for titles"

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

That would amuse me... Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

and be truthfull at the same time...

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Perhaps... I kinda find it discoserting a bit that Nick is Kaiser for a few weeks.. and gets a knight hood from another nation we are friends with.. yet I've been Kaiser...nevermind.. I'm whining.... I just feel under appreciated sometimes... But I'm gonna shut up now.. cause I think the flood check will let me by now... Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Scott Alexander

I think it's just that Nick happened to be Kaiser when Ascalon decided to recognize us (not to mention on the Emperor's birthday), not anything personal.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I know... just seems that happens alot to me... Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

well, if you dont mind waiting till may the 4th...... "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

What about May the 4th? Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'TarasGrand Duke of Lac Glacei

pub73.ezboard.com/fmiddar...ID=3.topicpub73.ezboard.com/fmiddar...ID=4.topic "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Scott Alexander

We really should have some sort of honorary order...but no one seemed very interested in that last time I proposed it...although maybe that was the fault of the name...hmmm...

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I tried too... but it didn't get to far... Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Well, I think the reason why systems like that don't work is that some people are snubbed, or feel that they were snubbed, especially when the ruler just seems to reward those close to them, and no-one else. Also, unless there are some special perks apart from having the title, there's no real incentive to achieve. Take the Order of Duck Worriers in Treesia. I hand those out at random intervals, for random acts of bravery, intelligence, etc. David, to take an example, is a fourth circle duck worrier for offering to help us with the javascript on our calendar even though he hadn't the capability to do it. There's no real significance to it, though. In fact, I'd doubt he remembers it. So knighthood as a way of encouraging activity or achievement doesn't really work. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'TarasGrand Duke of Lac Glacei

of course I remember it! "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Godsdammit David stop poking holes in my analogy!! Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'TarasGrand Duke of Lac Glacei

your fault for not having a good enough one "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Scott Alexander

Stuff

Well, Duck Worrier is kind of a within-Treesia thing that honors mostly either Treesians or people who come to Treesia on a regular basis and help with its affairs. Shireroth has something kinda like that - we have the Kampiones and the Order of the Silver Star...no...wait...that was Crowley...but we have something that sounds a lot like that...Order of the Silver Sword, maybe. But what it means to be a Stranger Knight in an order like St. Mark is not that he's stranger than all the other knights (although I'm sure Nick is) but rather that it's given to a foreign leader who they want to honor for helping the country in some way or just because it would help relations. Pendronia and Stormark have something very similar, which is why some of the more deserving Hanoverians seem to have four or five different knightships.

Gman Russell

Re: Stuff

Post by Gman Russell »

Special orders? Like the Campione thing, right?I like being a Campione...

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Who's Prime Campione these days? Stone was the first.. and the last one I know of.. Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

It's me. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'TarasGrand Duke of Lac Glacei

BMajeed

Post by BMajeed »

Giving titles to one's self is the greatest thrill. I urge all Dukes and the Kaiser to try it out. It's very satisfying...

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

OK.. I guess it's Eoin.... Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Return to “General Discussion”