Well, that didn't take long

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Ari Rahikkala

Well, that didn't take long

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

I tried out whether our forum could be hosted on shireroth.org for various reasons, chief among them being that our access to shireroth.kuroshiro.net was arranged for us by Greg Dean who hasn't been around for the last several forevers, and since we're not paying for the hosting I was wondering if we might be overstaying our welcome. The original plan was to stick around for a day and see what happens.. Well. The general slowness of scp should have been a hint, I guess. Or that I read from various sources shireroth.org's host's servers are badly oversubscribed. But it was when it started taking forever to display forum pages (even after the cache directory had been repopulated) and one finally failed with a "too many connections" error that.. well, yeah. Not too keen on Aplus.

Current plan: I'll ask our host if it's still OK for us to stay, and if he might also fix the shireroth2 thing (which was caused in the first place by me not figuring a server move out properly and asking him to create the damn thing).

(btw: I think the only post that got made on the shireroth.org excursion was Bacchus's enrollment to the recwar course. Uhh, could you repost that here, please? It'd be less trouble that way than closing down the board again for another database move...)
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Bacchus

Re: Well, that didn't take long

Post by Bacchus »

Sure. I also posted in the thread you made which explained what was going on, asking about uploaded avatars and attachments, but that's irrelevant now.

Dammit. I also made a joke the wording of which I can't quite remember in the Bacchic Debate thread. That's going to be bugging me for ages. :p
The High Priest of Bacchus, or Dionysos Eleutherios, the bull-horned god
The poster formerly known as Benkern
Eaaaaohhh! Join in the dance!
official representative of the Channel Islanders in Yardistan

Gman Russell

Re: Well, that didn't take long

Post by Gman Russell »

Yes, serious thanks to the ever-absent Greg Dean for being awesome all this time. :)
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Return to “General Discussion”