The Shireroth Calender.

A central forum for general discussion

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Kaiser Mors I

Re: The Shireroth Calender.

Post by Kaiser Mors I »

shireroth.endersblade.net...lander.htm Kaiser Mortis Mercator IFeel The Power Of My Sword...

Kaiser Mors I

The Shireroth Calender.

Post by Kaiser Mors I »

I invented the calander for Shireroth.....ok...13 days in a week. 2 weeks in a month... 14 months in a year.. 364 days in a year.. BUT!..... there is accually 365 days.. but.. between New Years Eve and New Years Day... is a hidden day.. it's not written on the calanders... it's the Day of Chaos. Basically.. Yardistan is in control.hehe Now.. with 13 days in a week.. days 1-2, 7 and 12-13 are like.. "weekend" days..no school ussually.. or work... the govenrment still works on most days.... save the 13th....We don't use the gregorian names.. Nick is making new names for the 13 days and 14 months...Now, I've yet to work out leap year.. but everytime there is a leap year on the gregorian calander... we have one.... on the same day.. but it's not writen on the calander.... that way things work out... or maybe it is.. I'm not sure.... I need to compare calanders..... and write this out.. NOW.. the Shireroth year system.. starts at the the end of ww1 let's say.. I don't know.. random date.. I'll find something better.. now...The hidden day.. Day of the Dead or whatever we call it.. "The un-named day".. is on the winter solstice.. that means.. it's a short day.. but long night.. great fun.... So, new years day is the day after the sulstice.now, for my next trick, I redo the clock... that'll be interesting..proly gonna get more dead time.... :) Kaiser Mortis Mercator IFeel The Power Of My Sword...

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

This bears a suspicious resemblence to a certain other calendar that also sneaks an extra day in on the winter solstice, but hehe, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and so on. And it is my opinion that the use of Norse gods for day names has a very important exception, if you get my drift. "The Internet is so big, so powerful, and so pointless that it can act as a complete substitute for life."- Andrew Brown

Kaiser Mors I

Post by Kaiser Mors I »

Blaim Nick if we use Norse.... We like Norse....And I wasn't copying... you don't have 13 day weeks do you?Or the funny "weekend" lay out.. there are only so many ways to set up a calender squidy... So frig off!... That day is on the winter solstice because well.. it makes sence to have a day that's not really there in the shortest day of the year.. not like we'd put it in the middle of summer... I didn't even remember Hyperfuckingborea had a calender..... Nor did I really care.... Nick and I like Norse... so we might use Norse.. we might not.... I wasn't even thinking aobut you when I came up wit this @#%$... so I don/t care! Kaiser Mortis Mercator IFeel The Power Of My Sword...

Scott Alexander

Sorry if you took that the wrong way, it was just my general sarcastic cynicism. As for the Norse, I was just trying to say that the current system of naming days after Norse gods has left a very important Norse god out and I'm hoping you remember to include him in the new week. "The Internet is so big, so powerful, and so pointless that it can act as a complete substitute for life."- Andrew Brown

Peter Little

Post by Peter Little »

On the naming of days, You said we used Gregorian days. We dont, we use English days. Originaly the week had names of the Saxon gods(who in role were very similar to the Norse god) Here are our days named after the Germanian godsTuesday is Tiw's Day, Tiw is the Saxon god of "Justice".Wednesday is Woden's Day, Woden was the Chief god and god of poets.Thursday is Thunor's day, Thunor was the god of Thunder(where do you think we get the word thunder from?)Friday is Frigg's day, Frigg is the wife of Woden and goddess of marriage.Saturday, Sunday and Monday are day names the Norman's threw in I think as the French have the same name for those days(just in French), otherwise their names for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are diffrent. I also think the Vikings may have changes Thursday because its more like Thor's Day than Thunor's day! Pete LittlePrime Minister of South MondesiaMinister of Culture of TymariaEdited by: Peter Little  at: 4/17/02 3:28:15 pm

Nick the Yardistani

Post by Nick the Yardistani »

GS: Worry not about erik...he's been in the strangest @#%$ mood...Erik: I got much workt to do, so...yeah...I'll get around to it later...

Kaiser Mors I

Post by Kaiser Mors I »

THIS IS FAX SPEAKING THROUGH THE MIND OF THE GREAT KAISER MORTIS MERCATOR. (using my incredible psionic powers, of course...:^))Ok, Monday... Comes from the moon. Moon-day? Get it?And Tuesday... comes from Tyr, god of justice, not Tiw.. Tiw didn't ever exist as a deity, at least not in my memory. Wednesday, as you said, is Woden's day. Woden, however, is just an alternate spelling of Odin.Thursday. All you have to do is change one letter: thOrsday.and Friday, comes from freya, the goddess of the harvest fertility.Saturday is the odd man out. It's from Saturn, the ROMAN god.Sunday is just the same as Monday, just its' referencing the sun instead of the moon.also, i think that at least one day should be named after Fenrir, and one after his father Loki. Perhaps a Midgardsormr's Day too? or Mebbe Nithogg? hmm...don't make me go off on this.... :^) Kaiser Mortis Mercator IFeel The Power Of My Sword...

Scott Alexander

So much for veiled hints to you people. Let me put it in bold capitals: WE OUGHT TO HAVE A LOKIDAYThank you "The Internet is so big, so powerful, and so pointless that it can act as a complete substitute for life."- Andrew Brown

Kaiser Mors I

Post by Kaiser Mors I »

I know.. we figured it out... Kaiser Mortis Mercator IFeel The Power Of My Sword...

Peter Little

Post by Peter Little »

As I pointed out the charecters I was using were the Saxon gods, and I as I said they had the same role as the Norse gods. and Saturday, Sunday and Monday are in the French calender, they must have been added by the Normans. Pete LittlePrime Minister of South MondesiaMinister of Culture of Tymaria

Kaiser Mors I

Post by Kaiser Mors I »

Pst.... The Norse and the Saxons where pretty much the same me thinks... Kaiser Mortis Mercator IFeel The Power Of My Sword...

Peter Little

Post by Peter Little »

I agree to that one Pete LittlePrime Minister of South MondesiaMinister of Culture of TymariaSpeaker of Parliament CGS

Kaiser Mors I

Post by Kaiser Mors I »

*pauses..... gives blank stare*... don't make me hit you! Kaiser Mortis Mercator IFeel The Power Of My Sword...

Peter Little

Post by Peter Little »

Dont you think I would know about the Saxons, I am decended from the Saxons, so are you Erik. Pete LittlePrime Minister of South MondesiaMinister of Culture of TymariaSpeaker of Parliament CGS

Kaiser Mors I

Post by Kaiser Mors I »

Only 3/8 of me is.... the rest is germanic, and russian... Kaiser Mortis Mercator IHonor through Death, And Death Before Dishonor!

LordErion

Post by LordErion »

The Saxons *were* Germanic (that's why Saxony is in Germany). The Norse were from Scandinavia (as in Norway). Lord Erion of Sark

Kaiser Mors I

Post by Kaiser Mors I »

That's what I meant... Kaiser Mortis Mercator IHonor through Death, And Death Before Dishonor!

Peter Little

Post by Peter Little »

Yes the Germans are saxon(some celtic as well) Its why the English and Germans are so similar, Smith is the most common name in England, and Smicht(I think thats how you spell) is the most common in Germany. Brown is 2nd most common in England, Brun is 2nd most common in Germany. Pete LittlePrime Minister of South MondesiaMinister of Culture of TymariaSpeaker of Parliament CGS

For Her Light

Post by For Her Light »

Wow, this is really crappy.The Germans are not soley Saxon. They are a variety of Germanic tribes who have gradually melded into one and I don't know why you think the Germans are partially celtic since I've never read anything supporting that concept ever.What is similar is that they are both Germanic. The English themselves aren't even soley saxon (you'r forgetting the angles and jutes) and migrated to Britain from Jutland (see Denmark)Because of their Danish roots, the Anglo-Saxon religion was not only very close to the Norse...but was the same exact religion. The gods just had slightly different names due to linguistic differentiation.And for the record, being descended from Saxons doesn't necessarily mean you know jack @#%$ about them. There are a bunch of inbred rednecks in some backwater hell holes in the south...they are as WASP as you can get and I severely doubt they know @#%$ about ancient saxon culture.Oh, and by the way, I'm not only NOT Saxon, but NOT even Germanic for that matter... So I'm moving on... I'll never forget...As you lay there and watched me...Accepting the end...I knew you were scared...You were strong, I was trying...I gave you my hand...I said "It's okay, let it go, time to leave you..."And I'll carry on...The best that I can without you here beside me......Let him come take you home... Edited by: For Her Light at: 5/4/02 12:24:09 pm

Return to “General Discussion”