Kingdom of Pendronia

Negotiates with foreign powers; make diplomatic requests here

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

nickmcalpin

Kingdom of Pendronia

Post by nickmcalpin »

Greetings to the people of Shireroth from the Kingdom of Pendronia!I would be interested in discussing diplomatic relations between our nations.Please feel free to visit our forums: pub163.ezboard.com/bkingdomofpendroniaand our webpage:http://www.geocities.com/pendronia/and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website:http://www.geocities.com/nilsmagnusson/mfaSir Nicholas McAlpin, KCGC, KCSM, KL, KCSEarl of Drangetoft in the Peerage of the Viking Empire of StormarkGreat Officer of the Republic of SalsealandMinister of Foreign Affairs Kingdom of Pendroniaruaudladoube@hotmail.com Edited by: nickmcalpin at: 11/10/03 9:27 am

Scott Alexander

Re: Kingdom of Pendronia

Post by Scott Alexander »

Check your ministry forum. Since everything is but an apparition, having nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection, one may well burst out in laughter. - Longchenpa

nickmcalpin

Post by nickmcalpin »

Minister Siskind,Whatever happened to the treaty being negotiated between Shireroth and Pendronia?Sir Nicholas McAlpinMinister of Foreign AffairsKingdom of Pendronia

Scott Alexander

Sir McAlpin:The Landsraad, which votes on treaties, was recently dissolved. It is in the process of being put back together under new leadership. I apologize for the delay and will try as hard as I can to remember to introduce the treaty first thing when it begins its new session.

nickmcalpin

Post by nickmcalpin »

It's ok, I was just wondering.I'm quite aware of the kind of time it can take to get things done.I think our first treaties took us about 6 months to ratify. As far as remembering, I'll try to come along every so often and prod you along Sir Nicholas McAlpinMinister of Foreign AffairsKingdom of Pendronia

nickmcalpin

Attempted coup in Pendronia

Post by nickmcalpin »

The Kingdom of Pendronia has become the victim of an attempted coup.Mr. David McNamara has declared himself President of the Republic of Pendronia.No communication from Mr. McNamara or purporting to represent the Republic of Pendronia should be accepted as speaking for the government of Pendronia.The correct webpage for the Kingdom of Pendronia is http://www.geocities.com/pendronia/Pendronia remains a Monarchy under HSM King David I. Pendronia's citizens remain loyal to HSM the King, and are defending the Kingdom from this attempted usurpation.GPCAPT Sir Nicholas McAlpinRoyal Pendronian Air Force Edited by: nickmcalpin at: 11/10/03 9:28 am

Scott Alexander

Stuff

A coup? In Pendronia? That's the *last* place I would have expected something like this. Shireroth is behind King David's government a hundred percent and I'll be by in a little while to condemn the appropriate parties and so on. I will keep a watch out for Mr. McNamara.

Kaiser Erik

Re: Stuff

Post by Kaiser Erik »

Yay Monarchies! Damn those democratic upstarts! Kaiser Erik of Shireroth.Duke of BrookshireNot dead yet...

nickmcalpin

Post by nickmcalpin »

I am pleased to report that the attempted coup is very much under control. Evidence is now being gathered in order to file charges and try the individual involved.'Yay Monarchies! Damn those democratic upstarts'Actually, Kaiser Erik, our Monarchy is Constitutional (nominally, anyway-our Constitution has proven to have many flaws, but we still try to follow it as closely as possible until a better one can be written) And not only are we a Constitutional Monarchy, but our current method of dealing with legislation is to put bills to a public referendum, and then up for approval by the House of Lords and the King. Any of the 3 entities can kill a bill.Oh, and the 'democratic upstart' was one lone discontent (I guess he was discontented, but maybe if he'd been around occasionally, he would have known there was no reason for him to be) - but EVERY other Pendronian citizen, from the Grand Duke of Lopendo to Ms. Martina Polk (our newest and least decorated active citizen) condemned the attempted coup and supported His Serene Majesty's government.Sorry about the long post.Sir Nicholas McAlpinMinister of Foreign AffairsKingdom of Pendronia

Scott Alexander

Just in case you were under the impression that the Kaiser's post was sarcastic, it wasn't; not one bit. He gets very defensive about his favorite form of government

nickmcalpin

Post by nickmcalpin »

Ah, yes, well...I am myself a proponent of monarchies. However, I do prefer a monarch to be limited by a Constitution or Parliament. Tends to prevent people like Ivan the Terrible or Peter III of Russia from becoming too dangerous. (of course, Peter III was prevented from becoming too dangerous by other means )Sir Nicholas McAlpinMinister of Foreign AffairsKingdom of Pendronia

Phoenix the Risen

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

Quote:I am myself a proponent of monarchies. However, I do prefer a monarch to be limited by a Constitution or Parliament.Hear hear!But oh well... at least our charter/lawbook system now is better than our old constitution. Take whatcha can get... until you can get whatcha want. Then ye takes it, and BAM (no offense, Gman)Oh well... I'm just a lowly Duke/Minister/Minister/Soldier... nothing I can do to change it. Phoenix the Risen - Dutchess Pro-Tempore of Kildare; stand-in for Gryphon the Pure - Political Nuisance but at least She gets the job done. - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig and Gryphon the Pure's Awesome Tables! - "To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth"I HEARBY QUESTION THE KAISERESS AUTHORITY!" ~Gryphon Avocado (Switching Day)

nickmcalpin

Pendronian treaty

Post by nickmcalpin »

To the people of Shireroth,I thought I'd take the opportunity to update you on the reasons for the treaty with Pendronia not yet having been ratified in Pendronia. (aside from bureaucratic sluggishness )The Kingdom of Pendronia is currently in talks with the Kingdom of Hanover on the possibility of a merger. Until these talks are completed, the Pendronian government is suspending foreign affairs, and legislative activity. As a result, the ratification of the treaty with Shireroth awaits the outcome of the unification talks.I apologize for the delay.Sir Nicholas McAlpinPrime MinisterMinister of Foreign AffairsKingdom of PendroniaHIH Viking Prince Thorfinn of Stormark

Return to “Ministry of the Exterior”